Just the Goods - FIVES

2»

Comments

• 1. picking up my sister in 2 hours. (she is coming back from 2+ years in africa with the peace corp.)

2. got into some antics with a homie who is visiting from new york. second i saw him it was like he never left. (no ayo) looking forward to some more over the next couple of weeks that he is here.

3. been riding my bike to work 90% of the time over the last 6 months. starting to feel the effects, legs are stronger, and can keep my wind longer.

4. did some designing yesterday for one of the buildings i am working on. boss liked it so much he left his work behind and we only brought mine to the presentation this morning.

5. picked up a slide projector at the swap this weekend. finally i have a way to view the over 4000 slides i have taken mainly of architecture over the last 10 or so years of travelling. oh yeah (kind of bonus round but related) and i picked up dj quik tonight 12", ghetto boys my minds playin tricks 12", and billy stewart greatest hits, along with a few other assorted 12z at the same swap. lil dude stuff i know but makes me happy as hell.

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts

5. picked up a slide projector at the swap this weekend. finally i have a way to view the over 4000 slides i have taken mainly of architecture over the last 10 or so years of travelling.

burnham and root say what?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Circle One - Patterns of Force 1983 on Upstart Records. 3 Chord hollywood punk rawk.
    Didn't the singer for this band get gunned down by the cops for pushing people off Huntington Pier?? The latino skinhead guy? Right band?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Anyways, kinda scratching for good's here, but anyhow.
    1. Finally completing the parts that I need for a bike restoration, (thanks Australia for the petrol tank) now to start the restore.
    2. Doing a studio session last weekend as a favour (not expecting or asking for any renumeration) only to get a nice thankyou card with $400 in it. Not bad for 5 hours of tracking. Am going to hopefully mix & master this weekend. But yeah, that was nice.
    3. An awesome 6am wake up phone call from my best bud in London yesterday morning just to check how I was doing.
    4. Movenpick frozen yoghurt, smooth.
    5. Record hunting is good at the moment.

• 1. I had a good day at work today. Lots of compliments, which is nice.

2. Bowling at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot is a strange experience, but a pitcher of Rolling Rock was only 8 bucks. Yeah, that shit was fun.

3. Decent haircut.

4. The weather has been really nice.

5. The sexual tension between TheMack and MissBassie.....?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

5. The sexual tension between TheMack and MissBassie.....?

you sense that too?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    1. your girl
    2. finally getting my records, clothes, gear, computer etc. set up properly in my new place...
    3. 99 cent 24 oz. cans of cheap ass beer and good weed on hot summer nights
    4. the stacks of new grime white labels i've been blowing all my money on...
    5. seeing Jerry's Kids, an old school Boston H/C band, tear things up recently at CBGB's of all places

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

3. Decent haircut.

cosign. just sorted my bonce out. I'm with the pres from Turkmenistan on that one.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    1. Wifey
    2. Brother and his wife just left after a 10 day visit here in Seattle. We had a great time!
    3. Old school D.C. Go-Go music
    4. Drinking lots of good wine lately cause I'm a Gormet bougie bitch
    5. New Muro CDs

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    1. girl

Was it the Slimm Calhoun or the Trick Daddy that did her in?
    haha, I actually didn't even give her the CD yet. A few days after I started working on the CD, she came by and we talked for like two hours and she got me lunch though She's coming by today to pick up the CD in all of its bad mixing and cover art glory.

• 4. the stacks of new grime white labels i've been blowing all my money on...

What is grime?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

4. the stacks of new grime white labels i've been blowing all my money on...

What is grime?

Blogger music.

• 5. picked up a slide projector at the swap this weekend. finally i have a way to view the over 4000 slides i have taken mainly of architecture over the last 10 or so years of travelling.

burnham and root say what?

have some dope photos of the rookery..think i also have some of the monadnock, but i know there are some good ones of chicago in general.

once i get organized there will be a 12 hour slide show marathon.