AEIOU 3?

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Is this ever going to happen? My wife plays AEIOU2 almost every fricking day, and though I love the mix, I'm starting to hate it. B/W whats the rock track on AEIOU 3 with the long drums/guitar jam that ends with "When Christ Had Mercy.... GLORIAAA" ? Also, whats the track thats like "YOUR LOVE IS FADING".... I FEEL IT FADE....????

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Also, whats the track thats like "YOUR LOVE IS FADING".... I FEEL IT FADE....

????

Don't know the mix but this sounds like it might be Rare Earth "I'm Losing You"?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Thats it Rock, thanks. Should prolly spend more time listening to shit thats right in my face.

• B/W whats the rock track on AEIOU 3 with the long drums/guitar jam that ends with "When Christ Had Mercy.... GLORIAAA" ?

that would be MIND GARAGE - "recessional" from this LP:

shouldnt be too hard to find (although maybe not dollar bin fodder)

-- i, too, would also love to hear an AEIOU 3, no matter how hastily thrown together it is!!

• CraigCraig 269 Posts

B/W whats the rock track on AEIOU 3 with the long drums/guitar jam that ends with "When Christ Had Mercy.... GLORIAAA" ?

-- i, too, would also love to hear an AEIOU 3, no matter how hastily thrown together it is!!

Great Lp all that side is solid.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

B/W whats the rock track on AEIOU 3 with the long drums/guitar jam that ends with "When Christ Had Mercy.... GLORIAAA" ?

I actually sold that record to one of the dudes in the group. Asprin called me and told me he sold him the other record on ebay and was trying to complete the catalog. weird that you wouldnt keep a couple copies of something you made, but i guess after youve heard it 8000000 times, it just doesnt matter.

• yo meaty,
    tell your wife thanks for the love. sorry its driving you nuts. i try not to F*ck with it but for once or twice a year...that usually keeps it fun. she have the first one?

we used that rare earth record on both editions of aeiou. might have to use it again for continuity's sake. great record.

i got everything set and pulled out (ayo) to do aeiou3...the only thing missing is wes/diplo/oldenstylehats. everyones real busy and that shit involved an assload of editing, so hasty wouldnt quite work. ive been talking about collabing with our homie d128, but he's busy too. life gets in the way of shit!!!! but especially when im blazed, i really get the urge to make it happen. hopefully soon

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    make this happen. maybe after wes gets done walking red carpets he can find it in his schedule.

and sometimes Y!!!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Hell yeah, we don't have the first one, but would love to bump it. Ive seriously heard part 2 at least 80 times. She's obsessed.

• Meaty's wife has great taste.

We're all rooting for AEIOU 3.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    BUMP

Is this just wishful thinking at this point? I still badly want to hear another volume.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Let's start a donation board...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    twoply said:
    BUMP

Is this just wishful thinking at this point? I still badly want to hear another volume.

Co-sign. NEED Vol 3 dudes

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    it's a given that part 3 needs to be done , but try prying diplo away from snoop lion and all of his other rock stah dutty's ?

kala said:
    it's a given that part 3 needs to be done , but try prying diplo away from snoop lion and all of his other rock stah dutty's ?

I know, that's the most likely reason it hasn't happened, but I've been hoping the Jahan Lennon stuff might spark his interest again.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Aieou2 is one of my favorite mix tapes. As we wait for the third installment, diplo's chasing the dragon mix he released last year might tide some of you over.

• yo were doing it without dip, but its being done.
    d128 aka duey and i just did a little warmup for someones kickstarter campaign, only using records that we stumbled across at flea markets, stores, friends houses, and in conversation on the day the guy visited us. i'll post it up this week.

but the #3 is gonna be called aeiou2000 and will take a little longer. but im excited about it. definitely by christmas or kwanzaa (whichever comes second)

• some songs to long, some things sloppy, so were fixing it up a little , but here is the aeiou warmup ironchef mix i mentioned above: http://www.dustandgrooves.com/AEIOU_DG_Mix.mp3

Thanks for the update! Checking the mix out now, sounds pretty good so far.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    is that microwave or you have two copies of the telegraph ave?
    nice mix btw

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    some songs to long, some things sloppy, so were fixing it up a little , but here is the aeiou warmup ironchef mix i mentioned above: http://www.dustandgrooves.com/AEIOU_DG_Mix.mp3
    Very nice.... good to hear you guys stretching out into wider genre territory on this one too!

• yeah, just messing around really with the hiphop. but like i said, its just the records that crossed our paths on the day we showed someone around. hence, theres even a repeat of a record we had on the last thing.

anyway...glad you liked bro!

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    No. 3 never happened, right?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Don’t think so, but the Ironchef mix was a beauty IIRC. Think someone uploaded it to soundcloud.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I found Mind Garage's first one months back and I like it.