DJ King one " Phonography"

vinegarvinegar 56 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
i was searching through my tapes and found dj King one
"phonography" mixtape. I was so amazed by the work he puts
on it when i first listened to it circa 2000. Lots of great remixes.
Does anybody else know this tape here? i'll try upload it asap.

Also, if anybody knows dj King one here, PM, i would like to contact him

Comments

• He switched his moniker to King Most several years ago. He gots one of them tumblrs now, too: http://kingmost.tumblr.com/

He's an old real-world friend of mine. I saw him DJ Friday night (with fellow Strutter Morse Code) and they killed it.

• thanks for your fast response
    I will contact him on his Facebook.
    If he's ok i'll make a mp3 of his "phonography" tape to share
    with strutters

• P is a really nice guy. I still have this cassette.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    He goes by "king most" now and is doing some pretty big things now in the bay area as a dj/producer. He was(or still is) dj'ing with The Homie Kero One. I would love to hear that tape.(lost my copy overseas) It's been many a fortnights since I've heard it (I am sure he'd be flattered and cool about it)...post that shit Homie !

• JibsJibs 12 Posts
    I've got one of his old tapes posted on my site

Dj King One - Red Clay

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Yes, please post the Phonography tape! Big fan of King One/Most and Kero One!
    Doesn't he have an account here on SS?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Jibs said:
    I've got one of his old tapes posted on my site

Dj King One - Red Clay

thanx for sharing this.
    nice blog/site btw

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    For what it's worth, dude was (and presumably still is) a really fine writer, too. On that score, I think his good humor, positive attitude, and shitty spelling kept him from getting his due around here, but I always appreciated.

If anyone sees him, tell him james says waht's up.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    james said:
    For what it's worth, dude was (and presumably still is) a really fine writer, too. On that score, I think his good humor, positive attitude, and shitty spelling kept him from getting his due around here, but I always appreciated.

Doth his jock have static cling?

He's too good for us now, but I still love the guy. He's a good man, Charlie Brown.

• "Vinegar" sent me a message on FB and I was instantly surprised, in a good way, by his request. That was from a mix tape I made in '98 and the question was literally about the first beat I ever made. I was sampling Pharaoh Sanders covering John Coltrane of all things.

Thanks for the props everyone. I obviously stopped messing with The Strut but I will say some definite lifelong ties have been made here and it has also been dope to get up with folks ON SOME REAL WORLD MOVEZ. I changed the moniker a while back and go by King Most. I pretty much DJ full time in S.F., throw events,, in addition to making music and mixes while also being a college man (S.F. Gators represent).

You can check all of the music stuff at http://soundcloud.com/kingmost.

Real talk, I always look back and think "DUDE ,THE STRUT WAS SUCH MY LIFE. WILDEN TYMEZ. " as well as sheepishly cringe at all of the off the wall crap I tossed around. Some of it funny, some of it super negative and immature, and most of it probably loaded with spelling errors.

L8RZ

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    king most more like king moist am i rite

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    :hayek:

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    so can he poast the mix then?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Sup mi hermano? Hope you're well.

• PatrickCrazy said:
    king most more like king moist am i rite

I usually bust the "amirite", but yeah man sure.

EMPANADAMN:

^^^
    One of the dudes I was talking about when I typed "GETTING UP ON SOME REAL WORLD MOVEZ". I'll be back in NYC in January. I bump into Ces every so often too. Cool cat.

And for old times sake:

"PASUE"

b/w

"I WASN'T RAISED LIKE THAT"

• JibsJibs 12 Posts
    One more King One mix I was able to dig up

King One - King Radio

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Holler at me. If you need a place to crash, mi casa es su burrito. OLAY!