my TOENAIL got BRUISED help!!!

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:guys, i've been jogging quite aggressively for the past 2.5 months. somewhere along the way my toenail has gotten bruised and i'm getting very very scared! it's not causing any discomfort but i just don't want to end up like the great bob marley.it's been purple for about the past 3 weeks now. it's been getting thicker by the day. i've been keeping it clean but frankly i'm just running out of options here. any suggestions on how to heal it would be greatly appreciated fo' sho'.have a rad weekend.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• Options

youngEINSTEIN Said:

guys, i've been jogging quite aggressively for the past 2.5 months. somewhere along the way my toenail has gotten bruised and i'm getting very very scared! it's not causing any discomfort but i just don't want to end up like the great bob marley.
    it's been purple for about the past 3 weeks now. it's been getting thicker by the day. i've been keeping it clean but frankly i'm just running out of options here. any suggestions on how to heal it would be greatly appreciated fo' sho'.

have a rad weekend.

peace, stein. . .

You're pretty much fooked in the game there champ. Get better fitting running shoes and don't get too freaked out when the nail falls off, you'll be fine.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts

You're pretty much fooked in the game there champ. Get better fitting running shoes and don't get too freaked out when the nail falls off, you'll be fine.

okay. cool. i'm okay.

will my toenail ever grow back?!

peace, stein. . .

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

okay. cool. i'm okay.

peace, stein. . .
    Yes, it should grow back, if you're man enough/want to see something gross you could get a needle in under there & relieve any pressure, but if it's not causing discomfort just wait for it to fall off.

• Options

okay. cool. i'm okay.

peace, stein. . .

Yes. I lost one in the great storm of '91, it grew back swimmingly.

peace, sween. . .

youngEINSTEIN Said:

thanks sween and holmes. i will wait patiently.

peace, stein. . .

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Stein,

I hate to tell you man, but you need to keep those dogs in the doghouse. That dog scared the shit out of me when I saw it on the screen!!! You must remove all sandals from your closet at once, holmes.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

youngEINSTEIN Said:

yeah i know stacks. don't worry. i was not blessed with sexy feet/toes so i always stay shoed up in public. i had to post the pic up just to honestly show what i'm dealing with here. didn't intend to frighten anyone.

peace, stein. . .

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

i just don't want to end up like the great bob marley.

What happened to Bob's toe?

youngEINSTEIN Said:

soccer injury?

peace, stein. . .

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Bob thought the blackness & swelling was a soccer related injury, didn't get it checked out after months of it not getting better, turned out it was cancer, by the time he got it looked at it was too late. There's a lesson for all of us in there somewhere.....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN Said:

yeah i know stacks. don't worry. i was not blessed with sexy feet/toes so i always stay shoed up in public. i had to post the pic up just to honestly show what i'm dealing with here. didn't intend to frighten anyone.

peace, stein. . .

Don't worry, Stein, my foot game was wack for years. Serious dating and eventual marriage made me step up my foot action, pedicures and all, since (some) women (like my dear T**i) are nitpicky about feet (and hands). Wifey keeps the feet looking tidy for the Tommy Bahama joints and linens on hot summer days! Grown & sexy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

youngEINSTEIN Said:

peace, stein. . .

Don't worry, Stein, my foot game was wack for years. Serious dating and eventual marriage made me step up my foot action, pedicures and all, since (some) women (like my dear T**i) are nitpicky about feet (and hands). Wifey keeps the feet looking tidy for the Tommy Bahama joints and linens on hot summer days! Grown & sexy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

okay. thanks stacks. at least that sounds encouraging. i thought my dog's were hopeless and doomed to never see the light of day. that's great news.

peace, stein. . .

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

okay. cool. i'm okay.

peace, stein. . .

Most likely your new nail will start growing under the existing one, which could be an awkward period.

On the other hand it could just be a bruise or bleeding under the nail, in which case it might go away (very slowly) on it's own without losing your nail at all.

If your nail does fall off a toe splint may help. You can make it yourself as well as a doctor if you do it right.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    You gotta tape it up with some toe tape from the drugstore not too tight but firmly and then change the tape each time you shower or swim or get it wet. This will both protect the toe and allow it to heal faster, whether the nail is gonna fall of or not. Plus with it taped you can go barefoot or open toed without shame in your game.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I toe poked someone in the face last year and my big toe nail turned purple, lasted for 5 months, then started to fall off. But the new one had already half grown underneath so it was cool. I eventually helped it off and it hardly hurt at all, was amazed. Thing is the stuff underneath smelled like dead people. New nail is still bumpy as F*ck 8 months later. But I think big toes are different.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    I toe poked someone in the face last year and my big toe nail turned purple, lasted for 5 months, then started to fall off. But the new one had already half grown underneath so it was cool. I eventually helped it off and it hardly hurt at all, was amazed. Thing is the stuff underneath smelled like dead people. New nail is still bumpy as F*ck 8 months later. But I think big toes are different.

The small ones seem like they take forever to heal, you should also make sure you haven't broken it, sometimes you don't even know when that has happened.