Rambo vs Commando

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Okay let's see if some of our childhood questions can be answered.... By watching these 2 movies who do you think would win and why? Who had better 1 liners? Which had a better soundtrack? And which one of them do you think had a better Record collection? I alway thought Commando had better 1 liners but who would actually win??? You see Rambo's attitude was bad ass but look what type of dude he fought nothing major... As for Commando he beat down that Marine, and even dudes from his platoon???? I will have to Say Commando but Rambo was bad ass with that knife!!! and Commando's one liners , classic "I Let Him GO"... What yall think? Or yall to cool fo school???

Comments

• Options
    Sylvester Stallone (5'9 228 lbs.)

Schwarzenegger (6'2 257 lbs.)

K.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    alyssa milano.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this thread has already happened.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Since this question is far more engaging thatn constitutional law, I'll offer my answer.

COMMANDO! There's no question. Dude took out the entire army of a banana republic with tools found in a garden shack. That's so hardcore. He even dispatched that goofy chainmail wearing bad guy. He also had that really cool mountain chalet with the weapon vault. What else...soufriere was chummy with rae dawn chong so that's another point for commando.

• Rambo did manage to take out BOTH the Russian and vietnamese armies, but one liners it's got to be commando - "let off some steam, bennet"

• Options
    One liners merely disarm and don't kill.

K.

where are the soulstrut neo-cons to weigh in on Rambo's altruistic aid to the anti-Soviet mujahadeen vs. commando's piddling self-interested attempt to rescue his daughter?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    One liners merely disarm and don't kill.

K.

Remember when I told you I'd kill you last?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    One became the "governer" of CA under circumstances that makes me not want celebrate his catalog.

The real question is who made the best worst movie...

easy

easy

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    yeah, but would you say that's SOOOOO bad it's mindblowing?

or just bad?

OvertheTop fucks me up. Last time is saw it...

it was so "over the top" terrible, i dropped my remote and broke it. i had to crawl on my hands and knees to the TV to turn it off because I was about die laughing. really. i was going to die.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    mind you, chuck norris was putting in major work saving a bunch of p.o.w's and m.i.a's back in the day... he should get some consideration.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

bow down bitches.

and commando would whoop rambos ass, straight sawblade arm chopping style, you cant front.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Rae Dawn Chong

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Matrix eats green berets for breakfast.

Can't fuck with the superbly over the top by Vernon Wells as Bennett as well ("I don't need the knife John, I can kill youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu")

Commando was also the film that prepared Schwarzenegger for the role of a lifetime in one of the holy trinity of eighties action films Predator and for that alone we must be thankful.

• bump.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    First Blood

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

VS

• the opening of commando Arnold kisses Alyssa Milano on the lips very awkwardly.. I bet you he banged her a very short time after that film.. sweet 16 action.. what a scumbag.. That said anyone who risks that is not going to lose a fight to a one man army with a perm.. the answer is Commando.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    where are the soulstrut neo-cons to weigh in on Rambo's altruistic aid to the anti-Soviet mujahadeen vs. commando's piddling self-interested attempt to rescue his daughter?

• The older I get, the more convinced I am that in 100 years it will be a commonplace that Commando is the triumph of Western cinema. Carry on.

• "excuse me, don't disturb my friend...he's dead tired"

• "excuse me, don't disturb my friend...he's dead tired"

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    circular. saw. blade.

[thread]

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Danno3000 said:
    The older I get, the more convinced I am that in 100 years it will be a commonplace that Commando is the triumph of Western cinema. Carry on.

I can believe that. I foresee a future where Commando is just shown on perpetual loop in all public spaces.

This thread bump reminds me I haven't seen the movie in years - need to catch up on it and break out of the Raw Deal cycle I seem to have fallen into more recent;y/

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    soufriere1 said:
    Sylvester Stallone (5'9 228 lbs.)

Schwarzenegger (6'2 257 lbs.)

Bruce muggerfuckin' Lee (5'7" 125lbs)

• soufriere1 said:

• rootlesscosmo said:
    soufriere1 said:

last known post?