Black Unity trio - Silly Money?

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
is anyone feeling this album? a friend of mine made me listen to it.. and besides the really lovely 1 minute track "prayer" with this crazy strings i cant really believe people are paying $300+ for this.. please explain to me. and yes, it`s , but that doesnt make it any better.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Does anyone know where I can get multiple copies and how much I can sell them for?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Does anyone know where I can get multiple copies and how much I can sell them for?

probably in africa, u can ask mulatu:

www.ask-mulatu.com

he`s usually busy answering emails about where to find multiple velvet undergound acetates, just be a lil patient.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I love that record. It shreds.

It shreds.

I concur.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It makes Mulatu sound like a muffled mouse queef.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• is anyone feeling this album?

a friend of mine made me listen to it.. and besides the really lovely 1 minute track "prayer" with this crazy strings i cant really believe people are paying $300+ for this.. please explain to me. and yes, it`s , but that doesnt make it any better.

I am bumping this because I came across it in a google search.... and should have chimed in at the time.

This album is among the rawest, most earthy private free jazz. If you try to get into this after listening to yogi jazz or roy ayers you will not get it. There is structure and they are excellent musicians. The main appeal is it's meditative and dark, but they don't succumb to meaningless sax blowing, randomness, or "afro-centric" chanting. Basically it's a record of Hemphill & Wadud going through a college period, pre-B.A.G... For what it's worth, I played this for a friend of mine who coined the term "turkey jazz" for crappy free jazz, and even he was interested in it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    My previously unshakeable faith in the
    impeccable taste of inVrs has been crushed.

I feel lost.

• not a great cover, even

www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-PRIVATE-FREE-JAZZ-LP-BLACK-UNITY-TRIO-AL-FATIHAH-CLEAN-/261103438292

• rookrook 357 Posts
    It might be time to unload my sealed copy.