Bizarre Tribe: A Quest to The Pharcyde

finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
Just want to share this free mashup album, which sounds astonishongly well and which I like a lot.

"Join Gummy Soul's Amerigo Gazaway as he embarks on a 55 minute "Quest to The Pharcyde". Utilizing the original Jazz, Soul and Funk recordings sampled throughout A Tribe Called Quest???s extensive catalogue, Gazaway recreates classic productions ??? pairing his reinterpreted instrumentals with select vocals from West Coast ???golden era??? favorites, The Pharcyde."

Check it out:

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts

• That's well done. I'm rocking this in the ride.

• It's pretty well done, but could benefit from some more acapellas. I like passing me by as much as the next guy, but....

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I was skeptical at first, but this is really well done overall. That Soul Flower remix was great and that Red Clay drop in Otha Fish was :oh_snap: worthy. Lotta nuances and touches in this whole thing I hope people pick up on.

• Pretty cool. At a certain point I was saying "I guess I haven't listened to as much Pharcyde as I thought." I didn't know quite a few of those acapellas towards the end.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Looked into this only because I have friends who would automatically love it as they are still stuck in that era rap-wise. But I gave it a listen and it's actually pretty good.

• OptimusLime said:
    It's pretty well done, but could benefit from some more acapellas. I like passing me by as much as the next guy, but....

But how could you do a project like this and not include passing me by?

• Controller_7 said:
    OptimusLime said:
    It's pretty well done, but could benefit from some more acapellas. I like passing me by as much as the next guy, but....

It's here -> Gummy Soul - Bizarre Tribe- A Quest to The Pharcyde - 05 Bonita Keeps On Passin' Me By !

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Was really liked the "Fela Soul" project they released a while back. Haven't given this one a listen yet but I'll run it off the strength. Glad to see Gummy Sole getting some well deserved shine on the interwebs.

• ameldabee said:
    Controller_7 said:
    OptimusLime said:

It's here -> Gummy Soul - Bizarre Tribe- A Quest to The Pharcyde - 05 Bonita Keeps On Passin' Me By !

I know it's there. My response was to the previous post that I quoted, which was saying its a bit over done/shouldn't be on there.