Lil Wayne's deposition.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Fantastic!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Depressing. It's one thing when some smart, talented, yet evil SOB gets away with shit you or I wouldn't, but another when a talentless moron does, and more depressing that the stupid sack of shit makes money from his "music". That exchange was happening in a court. WTF.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I look forward to checking back in on this thread in a day or so and catching up on the nuanced discourse around both the deposition and Lil Wayne's merits as a rapper.

• "'Isn't it something' is the question I have to answer?" Haha. Dude's mind is ripe for a debate on the rhetoric of the law!

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Junior said:
    I look forward to checking back in on this thread in a day or so and catching up on the nuanced discourse around both the deposition and Lil Wayne's merits as a rapper.

I prefer Birdman.

magpaul said:
    Junior said:

I prefer Birdman.

Hmm I think I'm going to have to disagree on that one. I have a lot of love for for the work of Baby and believe that he is the only person who has even a remote chance of getting a half decent new album out of Wayne (If Like Father Like Son 2 ever does materialise) but I don't think there's many artists who can compete with the run of albums Weezy was involved in from Guerilla Warfare to Carter II, not to mention the classic mixtapes as well. Birdman's near the top of the pile when it comes to under appreciated though.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Depressing. It's one thing when some smart, talented, yet evil SOB gets away with shit you or I wouldn't, but another when a talentless moron does, and more depressing that the stupid sack of shit makes money from his "music".

Wow - you really hate Quincy Jones lll!

I'm with Junior, I'm a fan. And there's plenty I like by him post Carter ll.

These clips were highly entertaining. Wayne miffed at how he might come across is hilarious, though it's one thing to make yourself look like a fool and another when someone else does it.
    Who told Jones this would be a good idea lol?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Don't get me wrong, there was a time when Lil Wayne was great. Unfortunately, Like Father, Like Son came out in 2006 and he's gone steadily downhill ever since. There's only so many Kevin Rudolph collaborations you can give someone a pass for.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Junior said:
    Birdman's near the top of the pile when it comes to under appreciated though.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Depressing. It's one thing when some smart, talented, yet evil SOB gets away with shit you or I wouldn't, but another when a talentless moron does

He's not the defendant, so I'm not sure what he's "getting away with" here.

While his responses were flippant and lacked subtlety, they were effective. For example, by using "I don't recall" as a stock answer he effectively shut down multiple lines of questioning that could have hurt his case.

I'd like to hear what soulstrut legal minds make of his responses. Are there still any around?

He starts eyeballing the guy and saying "They can't protect you in the real world". The lawyer (?) asks if he's being threatened, and Wayne replies that he was talking to himself, before repeating the threat. Yeah, really smart. Really tough.

Besides that, isn't the retard the one bringing the case? Yet he chooses to act up like a naughty 8 year old in class...

magpaul said:
    Don't get me wrong, there was a time when Lil Wayne was great. Unfortunately, Like Father, Like Son came out in 2006 and he's gone steadily downhill ever since. There's only so many Kevin Rudolph collaborations you can give someone a pass for.

Touche, though surely Wayne's collabs all stem from Baby's original deal with the 'Dolf? More importantly, can we agree to never ever mention the name of Kevin Rudolf on the Strut again? Ever?

Just checked and can't believe it's been 6 years since Like Father and seven since Carter II,. How time flies.

Duder, your anger is somewhat over-egged no? As far as the two minutes I spent watching and reading indicated, the legal case has nothing to do directly with any of the questions asked in those clips and the situation is pretty different to, say, a crown court case. Admittedly he's dropped a shocking amount of turd on the public in recent years but he's hardly the worst offender.

It's the hardman act in a legal setting that he's initiated. There's probably a related FAIL-meme if I could be bothered to look for it, but yeah, enough time wasted already watching those videos...

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    HI-LARIOUS!!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    It's the hardman act in a legal setting that he's initiated. There's probably a related FAIL-meme if I could be bothered to look for it, but yeah, enough time wasted already watching those videos...

You think it's hardman? It seems more petulant class clown in the back row of science class to me. However much I might enjoy his songs, showing up to a court case in a crappy white hoodie is weaksauce.
    But as said above, cutting lines of questioning off with "can't recall" stops things nice and dead.

• After doing a quick search on the Internet and not getting any results all I can say is that I heard Van Morrison did the same thing.

A documentary was made, he said it shouldn't be released because it was an innaccurate portrayal of the story, so it wasn't released. The point being that Van is kind of picky and controlling, and that the people making the movie have to prove that their facts are correct..."the burden of proof" or they can be charged with slander.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    other than threatening a lawyer on camera, i don't see anything wrong with what wayne did. what was he in court for anyway?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    what was he in court for anyway?

He's suing QDIII because QDIII made a documentary about him that basically entailed having a camera crew follow Wayne around and occasionally interview him/his manager/etc., then Wayne decided that he didn't want said documentary to be released. So he's suing to prevent the release of the documentary, which has been on YouTube for I think a few years now and hardly contains anything noteworthy (did you know that Wayne constantly drinks syrup and smokes weed? Did you know that he's a little bit loopy in the head? Shocking!)

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    over that doc??? stupid. that ish has been out for years. dude does have a serious syrup prob. he needs to move onto something else if he's going to be high like that every minute. dude always has that styro cup.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    If Wayne is suing QDIII, QDIII's legal team is probably doing everything in their rights to make Wayne miserable. It seems odd to make him do a filmed deposition, but if they can make him take time out of his schedule to do one I'm sure they will do it as much as they can.

With the amount of trouble he has been in over the years, he probably knows about the legal system then most of us

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Lil Wayne is a dick.
    That QD3 doc on him was good tho.