Yes, I'm posting a Jaden Smith video...

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
...but mostly to ask what this gorgeous ass loop is:

I can't lie, I'm not mad at this.

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I think I heard a bit of a Roy Ayers tune in there, although I could be wrong. Title escapes me anyway.

It isn't too bad. Music snobs will hate it on general principle, but I find it a lot less objectionable than Drake or Lupe Fiasco.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    R.A.M.P.

• I'm so embarrassed and ashamed for not knowing that.

Love the way the producer caught that though.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    so this is summertime 2013 vers?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    heat

I wonder if hell use the same cadence on every song? And did he write that shit at 14?

• Herm said:
    ...but mostly to ask what this gorgeous ass loop is:

I can't lie, I'm not mad at this.

Instro is taken from one of The Stuyvesants beat tapes. Track 2 on Vol. 2 - http://thestuyvesants.com/2011/10/17/the-stuyvesants-the-finer-things

All 3 tapes (Brooklyn's Finest and The Finer Things Vol. 1 and 2) are dope, real dusty soulful sound.

• Theodore_Rucks said:

Instro is taken from one of The Stuyvesants beat tapes. Track 2 on Vol. 2 - http://thestuyvesants.com/2011/10/17/the-stuyvesants-the-finer-things

All 3 tapes (Brooklyn's Finest and The Finer Things Vol. 1 and 2) are dope, real dusty soulful sound.

Well whaddyaknow... I have this! Volumes 1 & 2, about to DL Brooklyn's Finest.

Thank you, sir!

• I can't get past the Q-Tip vibes. Not bad tho.

• that beat is smooth as heck.
    thanks for mentioning that stuyvesants site too
    DL'ing them right now.

• Yes, thanks for the Stuyvesants heads up, some great stuff on that site, nice!

• Dolly Shot almost all the way. ;-)

• Herm said:
    Theodore_Rucks said:

Well whaddyaknow... I have this! Volumes 1 & 2, about to DL Brooklyn's Finest.

Thank you, sir!

hahaha. You're welcome man, enjoy.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Kid has bars, like the one about sippin on the soda, hanging with the girl that does Yoga. Lil dude def resembles his pops too, "post modern".

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Wow. Hip-hop really sucks in 2012.

• Bon Vivant said:

Whine whine. This is a badass beat. This shit will be popular, and deservedly so. It's quality pop. I know the Strut is the fifth element of hip hop, but seriously, drink a 40 already and so forth.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Danno3000 said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Whine whine. This is a badass beat. This shit will be popular, and deservedly so. It's quality pop. I know the Strut is the fifth element of hip hop, but seriously, drink a 40 already and so forth.

I'm sayin'. I'd have thought that, aesthetically, this would be right up the strasse of some of the tRu3-5k00l grumps on here. Much more so than, say, 2 Chainz or Lil' B.

I guess some people just don't think 14-y-o kids should be making hip-hop records.

• I found it more enjoyable when not watching the video for some reason. maybe it's cos of how he's styled a bit like Will or something...

• djwaxon said:
    I found it more enjoyable when not watching the video for some reason. maybe it's cos of how he's styled a bit like WILLOW or something...

fixed.

Danno3000 said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Who cares about the beat when some 14 year old Beverly Hills kid is spitting weak rhymes he didn't write over top of it?

Popular does not mean good.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:

What is a recent (let's say post-2010) rap record you like?

bassie said:
    Bon Vivant said:

What is a recent (let's say post-2010) rap record you like?

Rack City.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yea, not bad for what it is.