Ned Doheny

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
Just recently discovered the dude, Prone and Hard Candy are great albums. Just thought I'd share and wondering why the guy didn't get bigger than he was. Is it considered blue-eyed soul or whatever?

Comments

• :shh:

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    NerdAlert said:
    :shh:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    We had a thread talking about dude a few years back as I recall.

Welcome back btw. Good to see you posting.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yea, man!- don't go sharing good music you like with other music lovers on a music forum!

Nice to see you round here - hope your hot hot hot Toronto summer was a good one!

• Soulstrut lags behind waxidermy. Go there for discussions on Ned Doheny...stay here for dudes posting pictures of their 30 or so pairs of shoes.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    You made your 2nd post in 3 years to make a comment of music input?

:shreddin_it:

failias?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I agree. Hard Candy and Prone are great albums. Dude is huge is Japan. He used to host a radio show there and released a Japan only album.

THIS is the joint...

These versions are nice too....

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

This is a good book about that whole Laurel Canyon/Hollywood rock scene of the late 60s to mid 70s - the rise of the singer-songwriter, the so-called "corporate rock" of the Eagles and all that stuff - in which Ned Doheny gets a passing mention, having been signed to Asylum for a while. Apparently, his family was insanely rich and owned huge chunks of LA, so he was very much on his playboy shit when it came to music. Not to imply he was a dilettante or anything; just that he was able to do it purely for the love. Also, the fact he wanted to do r&b meant he never really fitted in with the rest of the hippies at Asylum.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Bassie & Dor, how'd your survive this heat this summer? My ancestors lived on the equator, and even I blasted air conditioning all summer, which is a cardinal sin.

Doc, that book looks interesting, may have to check it out, thanks!

lol - I'm a big fan of hot weather, I was a happy and sweaty camper.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    bassie said:
    Yea, man!- don't go sharing good music you like with other music lovers on a music forum!

At least not until I manage to score a copy of his candy LP at a reasonable price.

:You I sound poor: