Facebook Floatation

2»

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I wasn't being snarky, genuinely glad that dudes only betting fun money on this thing. Maybe buy another 10 to average down?

Perhaps it's time to revisit the stock now.
    All the bad news is in, right?
    If the FB mobile vision takes off, there could be a return to 40 bucks.
    If not, a moribund stock price perhaps dwindling gently enough not to lose your shirt over.

Time to lay down some fun money.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    skel said:
    I wasn't being snarky, genuinely glad that dudes only betting fun money on this thing. Maybe buy another 10 to average down?

If not, a moribund stock price perhaps dwindling gently enough not to lose your shirt over.

What's it at now? $18 or so?

If I was a gambling man, I'd buy now and sell when (if) it bounces back to $30ish.

• $11 by 2013

• Options
    skel said:

That's a lot of "if's, could's, perhaps', and right?" The facts are that the price is dropping, has been since it came out, and has no solid reason to turn around. Trying to catch a falling knife based on what you think might happen is a rookie move that never works. When something concrete about this company comes out in the news, the real money will roll in and run the price. That's the move you want to follow for a small piece. Until then just stay away and watch the show. Michael Kors (KORS) is worth a look though. Just saying.

• Options
    4YearGraduate said:
    $11 by 2013

Wouldn't surprise me. I can picture a goofy price run around the election time, but it would fizzle after. It's been great theater watching this thing trade, and an incredible lesson in how psychology works in the markets. This IPO should be discussed in college courses.

Thanks Sween I hear you on falling knives and sure, trying to time a market is not a credible investment plan.

But for a fun play, the downside can be viewed as limited - lets take 4YG's 11 bucks - and the upside intriguing - HL's 30.
    Sentiment right now is piss poor, but on the anecdotal tip I see more and more FB users doing the 'like' thing, and if they make the mobile device efforts work, the zeitgeist may return.

Taking a week to mull this over.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    thes one = first rappeur/producer/investment advisor?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I cancelled my account 3 months a go and never felt more free.

I have a fake account to update all the pages.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Actually, fuk these people.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/molesters_who_like_fb_CwwuSrn8BCWYTh0KmppHqL

After numerous requests, Facebook refuses to remove a page promoting pedophilia.

DO NOT BUY.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Deep integration into iOS 6. I'm sure other OS's soon to follow. If it's not a mess, I'm sure it will help. But you guys are right. This one IPO should be taught in classes.

• Options
    skel said:
    Thanks Sween I hear you on falling knives and sure, trying to time a market is not a credible investment plan.

But for a fun play, the downside can be viewed as limited - lets take 4YG's 11 bucks - and the upside intriguing - HL's 30.
    Sentiment right now is piss poor, but on the anecdotal tip I see more and more FB users doing the 'like' thing, and if they make the mobile device efforts work, the zeitgeist may return.

Taking a week to mull this over.

Did you wind up making this move? It's been ripping for 3 weeks.

• Probably because of the lobbying group The Internet Association (IA). I am guessing it won't last.

Internet freedom v. Consumer privacy, eh?

Sween said:

No, my gut instinct got talked out of it by a bunch of music nerds on the interwebs.

::icegrill::

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I know of more and more people deactivating / spending less time on Facebook than new ones joining = fuct.

Maybe Suckerberg will work on getting all of Africa to join?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    november 14th bro

• Nov 15th. $14. thats my call.

"On October 29th, up to 234 million shares will be available for sale. On November 14, 777 million shares will be freed up for public sale. Before this filing, the company could have had 1.2 billion shares becoming available for sale on November 14."

• skel said:
    Sween said:

No, my gut instinct got talked out of it by a bunch of music nerds on the interwebs.

You listened to the wrong nerd:

Horseleech said:
    What's it at now? $18 or so?

If I was a gambling man, I'd buy now and sell when (if) it bounces back to $30ish.

• Options
    skel said:
    Sween said:

Damn, you were so convinced too! Oh well.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    How low do y'all think Apple will go?

Thoughts?