DMX's first encounter with google (and computers)

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central

Overwhelmed related.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    lmao. that was great.

• Oh man. Haha. I see the "X" still loves to whiff a good 8-ball before going on radio.

• I am pleased viewing this.. i'd actually be upset if darkman x was a functioning google alert guy..

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• CHAWLEEE MURRRFEY......POW!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Fuck that - you need cocaine to understand it.
    Not that DMX is exactly in the same boat, but try explaining a computer and the internet to someone who has never used either tool. Trying to make enough sense of it to make it not seem completely insurmountable is overwhelming as fuck. Imagine being on the other end of the information! I know it's a real skill to make something complicated seems simple, but I do not have that skill. I was nearly in tears trying to show the guy at tutoring how to search D Brown lyrics, scan a photo of his gal and him and email it all to her back home.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    bassie said:
    Fuck that - you need cocaine to understand it.
    Not that DMX is exactly in the same boat, but try explaining a computer and the internet to someone who has never used either tool. Trying to make enough sense of it to make it not seem completely insurmountable is overwhelming as fuck. Imagine being on the other end of the information!

I will be attempting the exact same tomorrow when I present dad with an iPad...

I want to show him how to skype us (video call). That will be a big tick right there.

• I remember this guy 15 years ago in my university library, he wasn't homeless, he wasn't out of it, just slightly off. Didn't really belong there and was having trouble with one of the open internet terminals. I tried to help him ashe was flabbergasted by Hotmail, kept typing in his first name and last name in the login field over and over again.

He didn't know what email provider he had, if any. Didn't understand the concept of account logins (or passwords). He just wanted to type his name into the internet to see if anyone had written him an email.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    are we really supposed to believe someone in what....their late 30s never used a computer before 2012 ?

• I work in a public library and we get a lot of these types of situations. People will sit there and try to log in to email and have trouble and they expect me to know their password. One dude asked me for help for like 10 minutes and had no idea what his email address might be and kept wanting me to tell him. He had a sheet of paper with like five names on it and he kept asking me "could it be this one?" they werent even email addresses, just five different personal names.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    damms said:
    are we really supposed to believe someone in what....their late 30s never used a computer before 2012 ?

dmx is in his 40's, he is not part of the computer generation. plus, y'know, he dosen't give a fuck.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

DMX's growl of "suck my dick!" in this cracks me up every time.

• my buddy john quest, doesnt know shit about computers, his parents never owned one and he never really had any need to have one, hes 39 and if left alone, he would never understand how to turn a pc on, or what to do with one even if he figured out power button, hes never had an email address and hasnt the slightest understanding of what google is....

its funny....looking up hiphop artists on wikipedia and letting him read...is next level to him..

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    damms said:

If they are hovering somewhere around first grade level literacy and/or have grown up in extreme poverty - and there are plenty of those folks in 2012 - it's pretty believable.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I think we're overlooking the fact that DMX has been in and out of prison during the time where using a computer has become more and more indispensable (let's say, 2004). Listen to prisoners locked up for huge sentences talk about in amazement what they think an iphone or an ipod does.