Die Antwoord

2»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    tripledouble said:

and definitely not a good look to be drooling over that girl.
    she is not remotely attractive

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    tripledouble said:

she looks like a 12 year old with fake boobs and a bowl/mullet hybrid

;blap:

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    this thread proves that different strokes really are for different folks! un-blappable related...

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    i highly doubt Allen Iverson would approve.

• i ride/
    girly is super hot

• doublepoast bitch

• Walter_Nagl said:
    i ride/
    girly is super hot

i'd hate to see your definition of average!

girl looks like inbreeding and anorexia have met head on

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    you mean youre not turned on when shes got her madface on and screams shit like "fucking you in the face!"
    shit is nightmarish mixed with corny

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    tokyobeats said:

girl looks like inbreeding and anorexia have met head on

:racist:

tripledouble said:
    you mean youre not turned on when shes got her madface on and screams shit like "fucking you in the face!"
    shit is nightmarish mixed with corny

bw

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Looks like she already got blapped by the ugly stick.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Not ugly, she just doesn't really accentuate the positive.

The shtick/look is tired - I guess Vice Mag just hit SA in the past couple of years?...and Korine already covered it in Gummo.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    While I think that the music is laughable and the chick is busted, I have to admit that I had one of the most entertaining and surreal meetings with the dude from the group that I've had over a lifetime of dealing with absolute lunatic creative people. If he is acting then he is acting very well and deserves an Oscar. In fact I walked away feeling that if the whole thing is a Baron-Cohen style hoax then even more props to the dude because if so he's LIVING his character like a motherfucker. I wish I could have videotaped our interaction and I kinda hope that he secretly did.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I can't believe I'm just now realizing that you're Damu the Fudgemunk.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    UMAD said:
    While I think that the music is laughable and the chick is busted, I have to admit that I had one of the most entertaining and surreal meetings with the dude from the group that I've had over a lifetime of dealing with absolute lunatic creative people. If he is acting then he is acting very well and deserves an Oscar. In fact I walked away feeling that if the whole thing is a Baron-Cohen style hoax then even more props to the dude because if so he's LIVING his character like a motherfucker. I wish I could have videotaped our interaction and I kinda hope that he secretly did.

I would like to hear more details about this please

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    I can't believe I'm just now realizing that you're Damu the Fudgemunk.

I thought he changed his name to Reginald the chutney ferret?

• so i never really liked it. but young hipsters were shitting their pants about it when they came to town last.

but because someone on here mentioned possible performance art thing, and i was planning to google the shit outta them for a minute once i finished the thread, but then someone did it for me and posted that max normal video which is definitely the guy in die antwood. so that made the whole google the shit outta them a lot easier:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watkin_Tudor_Jones

here's something completely different by the same guy, sans difficult accent:

so that said, i feel like i now should give him some kind of nod for simply being able to create a persona and really run with it.

also, the yolanda girl creeps me the fuck out. b/w my first introduction to them (and her) was that video where she looks like an alien. i dont know the track name.

edit - i just realized out what it was though that creeps me out about her: its the matching eyebrows to the over bleached hair i think. /blog

• double post. hit quote instead of edit.

• y'all still on this crap?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Bunch of ugly dudes who smell like moldy cardboard talking about who's good looking. That's a laugh.

Who gives a flying crap what any artist looks like. That's some phoney pop star BS.

I think they are funny and some of their song are catchy. Yea, they are already repeating themselves and might get old, but who cares it was something different for a while.

If they are doing this as a comedy bit all the better they got the trolls worked up over nothing. If they are serious music maker they are still better then almost all the top 40.

• i enjoyed their aomeba records "whats in your bag" segment lately.

• Coincendently late pass for me too. Here is how I found this thread:

Spank Rock "Everything Is Boring And Everyone Is A Fucking Liar"

The video #1 Hit by spank rock on YoYoYo... is very similar to the Die Antwoord video.

Oddly enough I am reminded of PSY - oh poppa Gangnam style, in terms of the comedy factor.

The difference is that PSY is mainstream.

• i'm kind of surprised their "baby's on fire" tune wasn't bigger. seemed to have the requisite comedy & craziness.

then again, it might have been huge and i just didn't notice.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    UMAD said:

Riff Raff is along these lines, performance art at it's finest.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    y'all still on this crap?

You better believe it. I Fink Your Freaky is still getting plays off their new album. Probz cop on vinyl at some point too.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    volumen said:
    Bunch of ugly dudes who smell like moldy cardboard talking about who's good looking. That's a laugh.

Who gives a flying crap what any artist looks like.

I mostly agree with you (not the part about Strutters being ugly), but this pair isn't showing up in jeans and Ts and combed hair - their looks and aesthetic are a big part of what they do. It is fair game for comment by their own doing.

• The aesthetic is, "put her on a pedestal and she will fall, she is human after all." It is the new world version of taken, shaken, and broken. The guy, Max Normal, is rough and ready to have no self-restraint...clearly he knows what it is like to be a girl.

• bassie said:
    volumen said:

Who gives a flying crap what any artist looks like.

I mostly agree with you (not the part about Strutters being ugly), but this pair isn't showing up in jeans and Ts and combed hair - their looks and aesthetic are a big part of what they do. It is fair game for comment by their own doing.

i'm GREAT looking.