Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    dont have any friends that went to wharton bro

Yeah, I figured you were full of shit when you tried to pass of that you did. Also figured you'd be unwilling (or more likely, unable) to state your opinion.

Par for the course for you, Pat.
    i said i have coworkers that went to wharton; not friends. lrn 2 read bro.

You're not friends with your co-workers? I'm friends with mine, so I presumed that you would be, too. My bad. Won't make that mistake again, Pat.

What's the matter? Their "humility" won't allow them to be friends with the mail room guy?

And you're crying typo? Just own your shit, Pat.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. try harder brah

and that was a typo. i don't even know wtf a vivant is and i type my posts while working on a million other things. it's incredible that you and lmj are able to discern all sorts of motives and conspiracies from a simple typo.

lots of mail to be sorted for the Wharton co-workers, who aren't your friends. I understand.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:

You're not friends with your co-workers? I'm friends with mine, so I presumed that you would be, too. My bad. Won't make that mistake again, Pat.

I work with 1,600 people....I consider 5 of them friends and 1,595 co-workers......real life isn't Facebook.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    dont have any friends that went to wharton bro

Yeah, I figured you were full of shit when you tried to pass of that you did. Also figured you'd be unwilling (or more likely, unable) to state your opinion.

Par for the course for you, Pat.
    i said i have coworkers that went to wharton; not friends. lrn 2 read bro.

What's the matter? Their "humility" won't allow them to be friends with the mail room guy?

And you're crying typo? Just own your shit, Pat.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. try harder brah

and that was a typo. i don't even know wtf a vivant is and i type my posts while working on a million other things. it's incredible that you and lmj are able to discern all sorts of motives and conspiracies from a simple typo.

lots of mail to be sorted for the Wharton co-workers, who aren't your friends. I understand.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Good lord Bon Vivant. Give it a rest.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:

I work with 1,600 people....I consider 5 of them friends and 1,595 co-workers......real life isn't Facebook.
    we have 60 employees worldwide and none of them are my friends. am i doing better or worse than you? should i be counting the ones that are outside of ny that i haven't met?

Unherd said:

You're right. Picking on the mentally deficient isn't very sporting.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Unherd said:

BAN

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Unherd said:

sikk burn bro
    you trying to outdo lmj on unfunny insults?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    you're both beginning to do your opponent's work him

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Bassie, surely you are intrigued by the homoerotic undertones up in here....

only if I can watch.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sry bassie bon vivant i don't find bon vivant attractive at all :(

don't be sorry, just dead it - clogging the pipes.

Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Good thing I didn't suggest that it is, then. There are about 50 people that work in my office. I would say I'm "friends" with 2-3. However, I get along with everyone (believe it or not), and certainly wouldn't bristle and moan at the suggestion that those co-workers who aren't actually my friends, are. Particularly those that I'm on record as saying have very good personal qualities.

• Unherd said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Unherd said:

BAN

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Good thing I didn't suggest that it is, then. There are about 50 people that work in my office. I would say I'm "friends" with 2-3. However, I get along with everyone (believe it or not), and certainly wouldn't bristle and moan at the suggestion that those co-workers who aren't actually my friends, are. Particularly those that I'm on record as saying have very good personal qualities.
    so still no point, am i rite?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    also, please 2 point out me "bristling and moaning" aboot anything, ty ty ty.
    my weekend reading is done printing bye bye

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    bassie said:
    clogging the pipes.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i don't think most Americans can even BEGIN to grasp how much the REST of the world liked big willy.

If it's not too political for Rock; Clinton did a speech at my work a month back... I work in the city centre, and tourists and regular subjects of her Maj must have gotten wind through word-of-mouth and the presence of security dudes (I'm agent Johnson. This is also agent Johnson), and straight bum-rushed the place just hoping for a peek at him. He is a crowd puller. Maybe the cigar thing helps.

Duderonomy said:
    vintageinfants said:
    i don't think most Americans can even BEGIN to grasp how much the REST of the world liked big willy.

If it's not too political for Rock; Clinton did a speech at my work a month back... I work in the city centre, and tourists and regular subjects of her Maj must have gotten wind through word-of-mouth and the presence of security dudes (I'm agent Johnson. This is also agent Johnson), and straight bum-rushed the place just hoping for a peek at him. He is a crowd puller. Maybe the cigar thing helps.

Yeah, but how many friends do you have at work?

As it was pointed out last night on Bill Maher by strategist and PR dude for the Republican Party. Maybe next time Republican won't use something like a blowjob to impeach.

• DOR said:
    As it was pointed out last night on Bill Maher by strategist and PR dude for the Republican Party. Maybe next time Republican won't use something like a blowjob to impeach.

i was watching this earlier. david simon really does talk a lot of sense (great man theory related).

Yeah, he is enjoyable to listen to. Did you watch the overtime part online as well? He spoke some great truth.

• I haven't watched the overtime (I rarely do) but it sounds like this is one I should. The most amazing thing about David Simon's segment on that show was how quickly he deflated the other guest's nickle and dime arguments.

The typical make up of that show is 1 or 2 liberals (or 1 liberal and 1 neutral panel members) and 1 conservative. In almost every case the conservative member talks over all the other panelists (and a lot of them are doormats). I know the panel is going to suck when one of them is a journalist. They just won't go after someone who is actively lying or interrupt someone that is hogging the speaking time.

It was interesting this time because it was the liberal side of the panel that was taking on the usual conservative's place on the panel and being the pushy overtalker. The other two panelists were much more reflective.

With that said, I am not surprised that Simon started talking about the structural issues over decades that have led to where we are now economically, socially, and politically as most of his TV shows and books deal with this subject.

Great call out DOR & Neil Something.