Bubba's Speech

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    bassie said:

You think getting a nod from a dude who diddled a gal with his cigar is seen as some sort of compliment by a woman like Michelle Obama?

You think that that's the extent of MO's opinion of Clinton? That he's the dude who diddled a gal with his cigar? I don't.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Herm said:
    bassie said:
    He's not good looking to me in the least and the whole Monica thing is neither here nor there to me; he just got caught.
    I guess he has one of the highest approval ratings, if not the highest, but he is still a war monger to me - but, admittedly, that's more of my own personal shit.
    Speaking in more gut reaction generalities, the best way I can explain it is he comes across as used car salesman/gameshow host that all the golf course staff roll their eyes at after he's had a few too many. No matter what I think of Obama's politics, I can say the guy is a class act....Clinton, not so much.

I would've probably agreed back in the day when he was bigger and had the bulbish alcoholic-like nose and rosy cheeks, but these days I think he comes across as sincere and well-respected. I don't really follow politics though (i.e. I barely give a youknowwhat) so I'm not basing it off of his prior decisions or political moves. Also, of all the golf course working dudes that I know/have known over the years, they've all rolled their eyes after ANY rich, powerful dude gets drunk in their presence. They're all either "better than you" or "just one of you."

And as far as Lewinsky goes, I'da blapped.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Hmmm...let's see, a Rhodes scholar that was the leader of the free world for 8 years with the gift of witty and charming gab...and yall are wondering how dude attracts females?

Exactly... Clinton was talking about the issues of today and the future better than anyone from either parties and we're going to go into talking about sex from a decade ago?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DOR said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Hmmm...let's see, a Rhodes scholar that was the leader of the free world for 8 years with the gift of witty and charming gab...and yall are wondering how dude attracts females?

Exactly... Clinton was talking about the issues of today and the future better than anyone from either parties and we're going to go into talking about sex from a decade ago?

I've always been amazed at how he attracted so many lying women who falsely accused him of everything from sexual abuse to rape.

Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

I've always been amazed at how he attracted so many lying women who falsely accused him of everything from sexual abuse to rape.

That number is a drop in a very, very large bucket compared to the women that love and respect him and haven't accused him of a thing.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    His appeal is clearly not universal, but I am not denying it either.
    Same way I can see why gals are into him, I can see why guys admire him; a lot of it has to do with power, not Bill Clinton the man.
    Who in executive public office isn???t well-educated with a gift of gab and hasn't had charm aid their success? Who in a position of such power and celebrity isn???t susceptible to accusations and attempts to milk the cow?

For the record, I didn't bring up Monica. But, if one is going to make a personal comment about someone???s wife, it is understandable if one???s own history and character as a husband and tacky adulterer might arise, as it were.

I don???t care how well he talks about the future. My opinion is based on his government???s acts during his Presidency ??? as well as his recent-ish tour with George W. He is extremely unlikeable and not worthy of all the praise and fawning imo.
    We don't have to agree and I???m beginning to repeat myself, so I???ll bow out now.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DOR said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

No, the real conversation along these lines is about a lying, war-mongering, drug-dealing murderer who somehow passes as anything but.

bassie said:
    My opinion is based on his government???s acts during his Presidency.

Again...thank you, bassie.

HarveyCanal said:
    bassie said:
    My opinion is based on his government???s acts during his Presidency.

Again...thank you, bassie.

Haha! OK!
    Cool - I wasn't sure if we were on the same page with this one lol

• Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

That number is a drop in a very, very large bucket compared to the women that love and respect him and haven't accused him of a thing.

Yeah, he hasn't molested most of the women he knows, so it's all good.

Horseleech said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

He didn't say Clinton didn't molest all those women, he said they haven't accused him of it.

Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:

He didn't say Clinton didn't molest all those women, he said they haven't accused him of it.

That is what I said. Thanks, Rock. That, of course, does not excuse Clinton's past indiscretions, which to my knowledge, do not include any convictions regarding sex crimes.

I forgot to add that the speech was great.

Clinton has a wider spread appeal than any living politician.

I hope you appreciate how hard it is to not quote that, in part at least.

(this post was brought to you by a 14 year old who took over my account)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The adultery and tacky sex stuff just further humanizes him.

• Rockadelic said:
    Clinton has a wider spread appeal than any living politician.

Pretty weak using a 2008 Clinton soundbite to distract from the reality of 2012, unless you are cynically counting on people's short memories and the lack of context fooling voters. Clinton was talking bout a dispute in the campaign between then-candidates Obama and Hillary Clinton (hmm, wonder why Bill was dissing O in 2008?) over opposition to the war in Iraq. Obama had claimed that he had opposed the invasion of Iraq "from the beginning," when he was on record supporting the invasion in 2003.

Reynaldo said:
    The adultery and tacky sex stuff just further humanizes him.
    Yup, definitely a factor in his popularity.

Kinda off-topic, but about speeches still - I'd be interested in seeing this comparison for all leaders of English-speaking countries, just out of curiosity.

Michelle's DNC Speech Seven Grade Levels Above Ann Romney's

bassie said:

I don???t care how well he talks about the future. My opinion is based on his government???s acts during his Presidency ??? as well as his recent-ish tour with George W. He is extremely unlikeable and not worthy of all the praise and fawning imo.
    We don't have to agree and I???m beginning to repeat myself, so I???ll bow out now.

Of course we don't have to agree. It's a good thing he's not actually running for anything and was merely laying out Obama's path. Doing a better job that anyone else in this regard. Including the President tends to do at times IMO.

In any case, he did his job last night in helping Obama getting re-elected. And I'm sure the President is happy to have him and his wife on his team.

My posting this thread wasn't so much me riding for Clinton. But more so impressed with how well the man can lay out everything and give a speech.

I completely agree you don't have to like the guy. Heaven knows you're not the only one. Tho, I'm surprised you can say that Obama is a class act. There are things he has done (Or hasn't done in some cases) which doesn't make him perfect IMO. But I agree, he does have more class than most in politics.

But I'm glad you and Harvey have found common ground on the subject. Just hope your answer to things is Obama is crap and to back Ron Paul ;-)

I've already conceded as soon as it happened that Paul sold out to the Republican Party, choosing to take a backseat to Romney against all my wishes.

But Paul has recently made some progress in getting the Federal Reserve audited, so that's at least a small step in the right direction.

And really, it doesn't even have to be anyone in particular that I prefer over all of these Washington insiders simultaneously serving identical interests that run contrary to the goodwill of the people they're supposed to represent. Clinton has too much blood on his hands, as does Bush, as does Obama, as does Hillary, as does Rice, and so on.

Give me simple farmer John or busdriver Dan or teacher Sue instead of these criminals any day of the week...anybody who hasn't already made a career of lying and killing and diminishing and stealing the public wealth for their private banker overlords.

But nope, Obama is handsome and has a hot wife, and Clinton is clever and has a crafty wife, and people swoon and then nothing has any chance in hell to truly change for the better. Sitting there and excusing their blatant lies just isn't anything any of us should be engaging in...but nonetheless.

I was just having fun... I agree with much of what you wrote. Fed audit is a good thing IMO.

Common ground all around today. Glad for it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    someone said audit and fed in the same sentence??? cue foaming at the mouth by lmj and bon vivian

PatrickCrazy said:
    someone said audit and fed in the same sentence??? cue foaming at the mouth by lmj and bon vivian

I actually think it's about time, and support an audit.

What do you think about it? What do your "friends from Wharton" tell you?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dont have any friends that went to wharton bro

PatrickCrazy said:

Yeah, I figured you were full of shit when you tried to pass of that you did. Also figured you'd be unwilling (or more likely, unable) to state your opinion.

Par for the course for you, Pat.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Yeah, I figured you were full of shit when you tried to pass of that you did. Also figured you'd be unwilling (or more likely, unable) to state your opinion.

i said i have coworkers that went to wharton; not friends. lrn 2 read bro.

my opinion on a fed audit is that it either never happens or is on a very limited scale. the way our country spends right now is completely reliant on how the fed functions and an extensive audit would reveal things both parties wouldn't want to see.

Yeah, really. Who gives a shit? Audit away.

Paul's followers are no more rational than Lyndon LaRouche's groupies, but throw the poor wretches a bone to chew on. It will keep them busy for a while.

What's with this "bon vivian" shit? Is that an attempt to insult a guy by calling him a woman?

Who knew Todd Akin posted here? Not me.
    you gonna flip out over a typo like that? chillax bro.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Could you explain why you think Clinton was a war mongerer?

PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

You're not friends with your co-workers? I'm friends with mine, so I presumed that you would be, too. My bad. Won't make that mistake again, Pat.

Note to self: Pat isn't friends with his Wharton co-workers.

What's the matter? Their "humility" won't allow them to be friends with the mail room guy?

And you're crying typo? Just own your shit, Pat.

You also didn't give an opinion on the audit, you gave a prediciton. lrn 2 read bro.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

You're not friends with your co-workers? I'm friends with mine, so I presumed that you would be, too. My bad. Won't make that mistake again, Pat.

What's the matter? Their "humility" won't allow them to be friends with the mail room guy?

And you're crying typo? Just own your shit, Pat.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. try harder brah

and that was a typo. i don't even know wtf a vivant is and i type my posts while working on a million other things. it's incredible that you and lmj are able to discern all sorts of motives and conspiracies from a simple typo.