Nardwuar appriciation thread

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Just listened to a 90 minute !!! interview with Blowfly. This site is pretty deep. Nardwuar the human serviette

Comments

• WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!
    WELCOME TO MY CASTLE!

Nardwuar The Human Serviette is the lord of all lords!

He once wanted a 45 from me. Good guy all around.

• Sir ill,

there will be another nardwuar Blowfly interview on 12/9 at 3:30 pst /6:30 est.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    boop boop!

the nas interview is classique

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Pharrell one is my favorite.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    One thing I love about his interview style is that you can tell real quick who has a sense of humor and who takes themselves too seriously.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    The Sonic Youth interviews are pretty good too.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Crazy how many musicians Drake is related to. KILLIN' IT with the MJ zipper jackets.......

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    One thing I love about his interview style is that you can tell real quick who has a sense of humor and who takes themselves too seriously.

• i kind of don't like how he feels that he has to shoehorn in as much kanadian kulture as humanly possible (but really that attitude is all over the canadian media landscape and it is hardly unique to him). it strikes me as a sign of insecurity that he and others of candian ilk need to be told that we are good enough or that we can play on a world stage or whatever.

that said, he is sort of a local legend and i can tell you from experience that the character is a 100% put on (guy is so meek and polite in person) although he does dress like that and i am fairly certain he doesn't bathe on the regular. and yeah his style is perfectly suited to deflating or exposing ego maniacs.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Horseleech said:

This and I like when the interviewees are super geeked on what he pulls out. The Pharrell/Neptunes one is great, Nas comes off as a dick, Big K.R.I.T. was cool too.

• Big_Chan said:
    Crazy how many musicians Drake is related to. KILLIN' IT with the MJ zipper jackets.......

question is, do u believe thats by chance? ;)

• Nardwuar is awesome. Got to meet him at BackSpin. Dude works hard, is thorough with the preparation and is a true good guy and a man of his word. 'Nuff Respect to Nardwuar.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I love how deep he digs when researching them. Shocks the hell out of em. I like the White Stripes interview.

There's a 1991 Sonic Youth interview where Lee Ranaldo snaps a $100 Goo's 7" raer that Nardwuar had gone out of his way to find for Thurston Moore as a gift. Anyone seen that ? Schitt was harsh..

"SHIT! GIVE ME THAT! YOU IDIOT! YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! YOU BROKE IT! IT WAS A PRESENT FOR YOU! "

• I want to become famous just so Nardwuar can come give me raer records!

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i have watched a bunch of nardwuar videos in the last few weeks and one thing that really stands out to me is that alot of artists can be so naive as to think that nobody knows about their previous endeavours. they act surprised that somebody would know that they used to be in a shitty punk band in the 80's or whatever. i dunno. i realise that alot of these guys would normally get cookie cutter interviews, but at the same time...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    oh fuck, the last few seconds of that black eyed peas one is hilarious!

"let's talk about that later"

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive been watching these for the past few hours. dude is on point. his research skills are pretty good. that e-40 one had me wondering where he heard all that stuff from too!

i dont know anything about skrillex (except dude makes a lot of money djing) but i ended up liking him after seeing his interaction with nardwuar

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    jinx74 said:
    i dont know anything about skrillex (except dude makes a lot of money djing) but i ended up liking him after seeing his interaction with nardwuar

Skrillex has always come across as a genuinely cool and humble dude. It's just his music sucks is all.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    That E-40 interview is great.

B/w I miss Sawyze, he used to poast some great stuff.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    absolutly cannot stand the dood. maybe its because im canadian and he's been unavoidable in the "alt" landscape here forever...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    Crazy how many musicians Drake is related to.

Considering he's Drake, yes, that is crazy that he's related to musicians.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    "How did I get the interview? I ASKED!"

hahahaha

• Duderonomy said:
    Big_Chan said:

but is it really a coincidence? how else could a guy with zero musical talent get the promotional push/seeming credibility without important connections pulling the levers for him?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Big_Chan said:

but is it really a coincidence? how else could a guy with zero musical talent get the promotional push/seeming credibility without important connections pulling the levers for him?

Yup! He comes from a wealthy family.

b/w

Narwuar is hysterical. I used to watch him all the time on Much Music here in 'Canadia'. He's an annoying fucker, but hilariously so.

Kindly,
    parallax