Beat making blogs

NINTCNINTC 3 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Hi all,

First time poster, long time watcher of the forums - so firstly, hello.

Secondly I was wondering if anyone knew of any new good beat making blogs that are around? More around ones that collate videos. Ever since Crate Kings stopped posting, I have a void in my life.

Much appreciated,

N

Comments

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Hey man. I'm new here too. Welcome. Not sure about what might replace the Crate Kings, but I used to dig watching Damu The Fudgemunk. Not sure if he's still posting though.

• It's all gone pretty quiet on that front. I used to post regularly on the CK forums, but it started to get pretty tedious with the same topics going into general rotation. Morbid curiosity leads me to Future Producers on occassion but I make a hasty exit pretty quickly. Louis Den's forum used to be interesting, but in the last year that has flatlined.

http://www.alkotabeats.com/ is updated pretty much daily, and the content is often pretty good, so maybe that's a gap filer right there.

• www.mpc-forums.com
    has been around for awhile now and it's still pretty active. Lots of threads that feature beat making videos

• What's up man . I am new here as well and agree that MPC Forums is a pretty good spot for production info. I 've been on the gearslutz forum for a long time now because there's quite a few knowledgeable cats on there. However, I try to relegate my GS activity to researching topics and not participating in discussions. Some of those cats are on some Sam Jackson shit - mad for no reason.

• www.beattips.com & www.beattips2.com

My favorite beatmaking blog and forum. Sa'id is the man! Great articles on beatmaking, hip hop culture and records. Not updated daily but is quality over quantity.