Nico Gomez "Ritual"

Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Anyone score an OG of this? I've been looking for a long time and all I ever see is the reissue..

Comments

• not too hard to get if youre willing to drop 250-300

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    OK, cool. Heavily bootlegged I hear.

• Worth looking closely at some of those being sold even if allegedly reissues.
    I scored an OG online from a seller who thought it was a reissue. The shadowing and darkness of the photo distinguish the two, but the sleeve can look a bit like a reissue.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    i picked up an og in antwerp for 50 bucks - go to belgium for your gomez - chachachas - chicles - placebo related ish

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    staxwax said:
    i picked up an og in antwerp for 50 bucks - go to belgium for your gomez - chachachas - chicles - placebo related ish

Factoring in the flight, it's not much of a deal anymore.

little belgium then - you must have some flemish french belgo enclave up there

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Everything but I'm afraid. The pickings have been slim in TO lately. Though I scored sound foundation for $5 a few weeks back. Not bad. But ebay's the name of the game right now. Much to the detriment of my credit card. Had a bit of luck in Montreal a while back too. Copped the Johnny Jenkins with I walk on gilded splinters for $10 and Titanic for $15. Other than that, not much.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I scored an OG a couple of years ago in the Netherlands near the Belgian border for 7???...there's a repress limited to 300 copies from a couple years ago that plays nicely though..got that too...

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    I scored an OG a couple of years ago in the Netherlands near the Belgian border for 7???...there's a repress limited to 300 copies from a couple years ago that plays nicely though..got that too...

Such a great record. Definitely not a one-tracker. it's one that I've never seen on the walls of "boutique" shops. Checked some of his other joints. Aquarella is a nice bossa track for sure. But this is the record to get for sure. In my opinion.

dont sleep on el chicles

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Anto99 said:
    sticky_dojah said:

Such a great record. Definitely not a one-tracker. it's one that I've never seen on the walls of "boutique" shops. Checked some of his other joints. Aquarella is a nice bossa track for sure. But this is the record to get for sure. In my opinion.

Rockadelic said:
    Anto99 said:
    Retiring as of now.

I'm giving 7:1 odds that say otherwise.

WINNER!

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Oh man! Haha! Fair enough. I meant retiring from bullshitting, but sure...technically you win