Fives

cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Fives
Dear strut, it??s a good day to present my fives.
1. It??s been a rough time for almost 10 years. These days are over.

2. I do have a great girlfriend that I love to death.

3. just about to finish a book on a great topic that i really enjoyed to to do.

4. my further client called me after 5(!) years, to tell me that my whole concept went all well and offered me a great job.

5. today, our beloved daughter turns five. What a day.

Comments

• big earbig ear 67 Posts
    good for you man - hope your great day continues.
    (happy B'day to your little girl)

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Cadeaux got the universe doing great things for him. Repayment for previous good karma, no doubt. Long may it continue.

Five-moi:

1. New job going great - karmic payback from dudes I last worked for in 1999. Bigger fish, smaller pond, enjoying it immensely.

2. Doing something good for the world every day, from dropping a quid to a homeless through to organising a paintball day for 10 kids - so rewarding.

3. Being solo for the first time in 25 years... So free I burst into smile showers just thinking about it. I don't have to account for anything to NO fucker. So liberating.

4. Sat outside a pub last week with old work colleagues, sun going down in the west, on the river near Waterloo bridge - so, naturally, acapella 'Waterloo Sunset' sprung forth. Just nice.

5. all 5 of my boys together this weekend, crazy golf, driving range, skate park, big Mexican dinner, watching the Olympics closing show with a couple of beers.... Perfect.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    1. I got engaged

2. My future wife and I just bought a house

3. The "things to fix around the house" list is steadily dwindling

4. My first attempt at making suppli was a success

5. So nice, I gotta say 'em twice: I got engaged, and my future wife and I bought a house

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    1. I got engaged

5. So nice, I gotta say 'em twice: I got engaged, and my future wife and I bought a house

congrats, dude!

rootlesscosmo said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    1. I got engaged

congrats, dude!

Gracias!

• 1. Huge work things. Peaking in NOLA in February with SBXLVII. HUGE stuff, with some real rewards.

2. Watched my daughter take her first four steps last night. Life altering. She hits 10-months old tomorrow.

3. Been going to Spin classes. Hadn't been in three years. Love that shit. Love biking, but riding to work won't always sort out, so this is a nice alternative.

4. Secret Squirrel

5. Working on changing some things in my life. Haven't had a drink in almost six weeks, and that will continue indefinitely. Too much at stake between work and family to be fucking around with that shit. Eyes on the prize.

• congrats everyone!

1. my mom loves me
    2. friends
    3. roof over my head
    4. clean underwear
    5. the mop

peace, stein. . .

• 1. one year without smoking arrives at weeks end. free and clear without a shred of doubt.

2. by doing a little homework, a little lugging and some creativity, i managed to organize and complete a $15k renovation of my house, for around $1100.

3. wonderfully loving girlfriend, hopelessly loyal dog.

4. NYC, LA, Berlin or London for next home purchase.

5. only three more months of 16 hour work days.

• 1. Still 'feeling' my very recent US trip - places, experiences, people & of course records - which also afforded the opportunity of meeting a bunch of strutters in real life

2. Ticked off a few home improvement things in the past few weeks, the pad looks and feels great

3. The Orb v Lee Perry Fact mix .. I forgot a bunch of code tricks so >>> http://www.factmag.com/2012/08/06/fact-mix-341-the-orb-lee-scratch-perry/

4. Seeing folks I know out on the streets, all random bump in stuff .. its a little thing, but a good thing

5. A fives list on the Strut (paging Hermillo)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I have the following fives to report:

1. My wife and I just completed an absolutely wonderful vacation through the New England states (and I pulled some HEAT out the bins in Boston).

2. I published my first top-tier journal article with a doctoral student as the first (lead) author. It feels great to give a youngin some shine.

3. I've been on the grind in the gym like a champion and feeling great.

4. The drama at work has subsided (I'm chair of an academic department).

5. I am blessed with my health and contentment in life.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    hugh_lucero said:

5. A fives list on the Strut (paging Hermillo)

Awwwww... I feel loved! Thank you for remembering, sir! I'll gather my thoughts and post some fives myself soon!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    1. Just returned from a trip with my wife to Seattle and Glacier National Park...Amazing trip. Glacier is jaw droppingly beautiful. Seattle is a great city.

2. Returning from the trip with a sackful of Salumi Salamis.

3. Right before my trip I completed my first uninterrupted mile swim. Hopefully hiking around at an altitude of 6-7 thousand feet maintained my level of fitness as I haven't been in the pool for over a week... I guess we will find out today.

4. For August, the weather ain't bad, only supposed to be 90 today.

5. Coming home to my awesome and goofy dogs. They are the greatest.

• Options
    - family all loves each other, despite disagreement

- getting better at enjoying everything

- dog likes to play with others and is trained

- eating properly

- volunteering

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Congrats Enki???since i am on my 5th year with wifey it???s fitting to do a cincos post
    Furthermore i???ve got things to be grateful for

1)I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in regards to completing my masters thesis
    And it???s not a minute toos soon since
    2)I???ve got twins on the way and today is the 20th week ecography where we will learn if it???s girls, boys or a set of each
    3) New house getting built and should be done right for the arrival of the little bundles of joy
    4)Friends,coworkers and family coming ot of the woodworks with support and generous passing of accesories and furniture for the baby and the crib
    5)gathered up a bunch of grails (check finds post soon) before the invetibale record hiatus that a mortgage and kids will bring

• 1. heading to europe for a vacation this afternoon

2. just completed my articles, after 5 years of hard work i am about to get my call

3. hugh masekela -"i am not afraid" --- digging this record to the fullest right now

4. have my health and so do my loved ones (had a cancer episode in the family this year and it all got dealt with and got the best possible outcome-- we were very lucky)

5. SoulStrut --- still digging this place after all these years. i know alot has changed and alot of folks have moved on but this is still the spot. i consistently learn about new music here and its been and continues to be a source of both digital and real-world friendships. thanks for keeping the flame burining, raj.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Life is kind of fucked up for me???. not really a bad thing but???. Found renters for our house, but had to move out in 5 days. Living in my in-laws basement for another month or two until our new house is finished.

1. Medium Film Format Photography - Finally comfortable shooting film and totally loving the process !

2. Going to see Junior Brown at the Snail Pie Lounge in October

3. Football season starting up !

4. Family

5. Family

pcmr said:
    Congrats Enki???since i am on my 5th year with wifey it???s fitting to do a cincos post
    Furthermore i???ve got things to be grateful for

1)I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in regards to completing my masters thesis
    And it???s not a minute toos soon since
    2)I???ve got twins on the way and today is the 20th week ecography where we will learn if it???s girls, boys or a set of each
    3) New house getting built and should be done right for the arrival of the little bundles of joy
    4)Friends,coworkers and family coming ot of the woodworks with support and generous passing of accesories and furniture for the baby and the crib
    5)gathered up a bunch of grails (check finds post soon) before the invetibale record hiatus that a mortgage and kids will bring

Real world moves to the fullest--congrats!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

• 1. The Mop, Alan Simpson

2. Land Of A 1000 Chances, Day

3. Iguana, Headnodic

4. Wonderful Radio, Christopher C. Portugal

5. Album #9, PUTS

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Congrats and respect to the new parents and homeowners!

1. Moved my ass back to Minneapolis to refocus, recenter, and restart the ol' career

2. Finally able to be with my incredible ladyfriend without the assistance of Skype

3. All moved into a great new place in a great area

4. Reassembled the bicycle and riding the lakes on the (almost) daily

5. Going through "boudoir" photos of said ladyfriend (bachelorette party related)

• 6. Ordered the Mop.

• DJ_Enki said:
    1. I got engaged

Damn, P**e! I'm so happy for you. That's awesome news.

1. Our daughter turned 3 last month and is a great little person.

2. My wife and I just celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary this week. I couldn't be happier.

3. Today is my Friday because I'm taking the next two days off.

4. My brother and his lady are coming to visit tomorrow (hence the days off). I haven't seen them in a year and a half, and I can't wait.

5. I recently got to hang out with a very old friend I haven't seen in years. I'm really proud of him, and it was great that we got to catch up (and that he got to meet our daughter, who loved him).

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Here' my top 5 for this time and space:
    1. Got a great coach to inprove on my management skills
    2. My 2,5 year old daughter rides a bike
    3. My 7 months boy started to crawl
    4. Am in the process of purging 700 records i don't need (will take PM's ;-))
    5. Heading for Spain in 3 weeks for vacation

Congrats to all new home-owners and (serial) dads!

hogginthefogg said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    1. I got engaged

Damn, P**e! I'm so happy for you. That's awesome news.

1. Our daughter turned 3 last month and is a great little person.

2. My wife and I just celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary this week. I couldn't be happier.

3. Today is my Friday because I'm taking the next two days off.

4. My brother and his lady are coming to visit tomorrow (hence the days off). I haven't seen them in a year and a half, and I can't wait.

5. I recently got to hang out with a very old friend I haven't seen in years. I'm really proud of him, and it was great that we got to catch up (and that he got to meet our daughter, who loved him).

Thanks, R**s--I'm pretty happy about it, too. Everything's coming up Enki! And congrats to you and F*****a on the anniversary and your little one's third birthday!