Olympic question for the Brits

2»

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    skel said:
    Predictions back in 08 included iirc Jimmy Page throwing rock god shapes w/ low slung Les Paul atop a 40 feet high concrete podium in the Roman style; a convoy of red double decker buses; a hush descending upon the stadium and a moon-haloed Paul Weller being lowered from the sky by nearly-invisible ropes, strumming an acoustic and playing "That's Entertainment"; and finally, a torrential downpour and rain-streaked camera shots of middle aged couples in windcheater ponchos pouring a nice cuppa from their Thermos.

The last one is one the cards, the sky is heavy with water.

And Danny Boyle has put the show together, so any fucking thing could be on the agenda.

Anyways the sport commenced a couple of days ago; someone start a thread already whydontcha

Several friends of mine somehow managed to get invites to the final production rehearsal a couple of days ago, and to a man/woman, every one of them has said it was :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

While small fortunes are being spent on preventing anyone entering an *lymp*c venue whilst in possession of unofficial snacks/drinks/clothing, etc., I'm looking forward to plenty of this kind of thing.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The most disappointing thing from my perspective would be if it turns out to be a highly polished and accomplished show full of dazzling moments of professional brilliance.

This is not how we roll. At the very least throw a little bit of under prepared tat in there for the Brits in the audience to smile at and applaud sympathetically too.

• No Eddie Edwards?

• No Eddie Edwards?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

This is great.
    It's not even officially started and there's two FUs already.

Start as you mean to go on.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    skel said:
    DocMcCoy said:

This is great.

UNACCEPTABLE.

• skel said:
    DocMcCoy said:

This is great.

Mitt vindicated.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    skel said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Let's play 'spot the dude w/ one arm'

Hmmmm.
    More difficult than it appears.

Actually this is from the Pyromania tour...he hadnt lost his arm yet. I remember seeing these shirts at school the next day after the concert on a bunch of 8th graders...I was still in 6th grade and my parents wouldn't let me go to concerts yet.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    neil_something said:
    skel said:
    DocMcCoy said:

This is great.

Mitt vindicated.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mitt-romney-does-the-impossible-gets-brits-to-stop-moaning-and-start-cheering-about-olympics/2012/07/27/gJQAieuZDX_story.html

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I still can't believe you guys went for it. Haven't every Olympics back to Atlanta been financial disasters? So far, it's made London and Ingerland look as great as they are, but I still can't afford to visit.

Sir Paul is a joke though. Lose that dude once and forever.

Opening Ceremony got me instantly Anglo-erect. Londonboner lasted as long as I could, but Beckham on the speedboat on that river put me over the top.

shit was mental bruv

they should ditch the sports and just do Ceremony Battles inna Eurosong stylee from here on out

i feel drawn to the teevee even now. 7.36am sunday morn