Happy Jazz Show - July 2012 - the final chapter

magsonjazzmagsonjazz 134 Posts
edited July 2012 in Announcements
Welcome to the last installment of the Happy Jazz Show sponsored by Gama Clothing.

So it's the last Happy Jazz show to accompany your July 2012. Sorry to let the regular listeners and followers of our show down but as many of you already know, this will be our last show for now. We are still undecided if this is a break or not as after 10 years plus of hosting the Happy Jazz show, we still have the bug but know that we need to focus on other things at this moment in time.

So the final show throws up it's usual musical diversity in terms of Jazz related genres. As always, there is a heavy South American influence with Jazz from Argentina, Chile and Brazil. There is some Latin funk from Venezuela and Peru plus Samba funk from Brazil and a heavy dose of AOR, soul and boogie and some heavy Afrobeat from Nigeria. There are a few classic tunes that we have both enjoyed over the years and some new tunes that we have continually sought after being the desperate middle aged junkies we are.

So thanks to all those that have shared the journey. The comments have been most welcome and appreciated by us both. It has been a fabulous time and who knows, we may return and be able to continue where we left off, a little older and wiser maybe but with the music remaining the most important and happy part of our record collecting lives.

The biggest thanks goes to the dedicated few that have continually supported and broadcast our shows - without you, none of this would have been possible and that's going back to the early 90's at Groove FM, through the legendary Soul 24/7 days to the web based era via DanceandSoul.com / Radio Pellenera.com / Radio42.com and Mondomedusah days.

The Mixcloud page will remain active so catch the previous shows there and I am sure that if time permits, we will upload a cheeky guest mix or two.

Many thanks - Adrian & Mark

We also now have our shows and mixes featured at Mixcloud - Happy Jazz Show - Mixcloud Site - CLICK HERE

Both Mark and I wish to thank all those people that listen, download and comment on the show. Remember to download and take us with you or hook into one of the sites that broadcasts us. You'll even be able to find some of the past shows. Limited downloads as always....feel fee to mail your comments to happyjazz@hotmail.co.uk.

Big mention to one of our favourite sites that you need to check out with some amazing guest mixes, vintage flyers & photo's. Click below and enter a world of musical goodness!

INDEPENDENT MOVEMENT

Show A with Adrian Leach

PART 1 with Adrian Leach

Jorge Lopez Ruiz ??? Tendre El Mundo
Tommy Whittle Quintet ??? Broadway
Cuarteto De Jazz Universal ??? Fuera De La Nada
Roy Castle ??? I???m Singing in the Rain
Open Sky Unit ??? Sunshine Star
Santa Y Su Gente ??? Una Nueva Vida
Nil???s Jazz Ensemble ??? Reflexiones
Jorge Lopez Ruiz ??? O???Placar
Harold Y Su Banda ??? Busque El Gato
Brando Y Su Banda ??? Atletico Junior
Hermanos Cortes ??? Sabroso Pa??? Baila
Rafael Labasta ??? Asi Soy Yo
Eric (Showboy) Akaeze & his Royal Ericos ??? Wetin De Watch Goat, Goat Dey Watcham
Sabu Martinez ??? Afro Temple

Show B with Mark Taylor

PART 2 with Mark GV Taylor

Modulo Quatro ??? Modulo 4
Paulo Moura Quarteto ??? Meu Lugar
Paulo Moura Hepteto ??? Nem Precisou Mais Um Sol
Trio Camara ??? Estrada Sol
Montage Project ??? Bahia Honda
Joe Sample ??? There are Many Stops Along the Way
Dave Benoit ??? I Wish Right Now Would Never End
Harvey Mason ??? Freedom Either Way
Robert Lamm ??? Love Song
David Lasley ??? To Keep From Getting a Lickin???
Minnie Ripperton ??? Can You Feel What I???m Saying
Donna Kime ??? Golden Pony
Weldon Irvine ??? Music is the Key
Wolfgang Maus Soundpicture ??? Did You Ever Dream

The Happy Jazz show now broadcasts from the following sites...

www.mondomm.com (ON DEMAND)
www.mondomedeusah.podomatic.com(ON DEMAND/ PODCASTS PLUS ARCHIVES).
www.radiopellenera.com(Every Wednesday 22:00 - 00:00 CET and ON DEMAND).
www.radio42.com(Every 2nd Sunday - 19:00 - 21:00 CET).

guest mixes archived at...

www.waxingdeep.org
www.cosmicsounds-london.com

For any info, promo material, bookings, etc, please mail at happyjazz@hotmail.co.uk

Our respect and thanks as always go out to...

Fabrizio - www.radiopellenera.com
Donald K - www.mondomedeusah.podomatic.com

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    As a long time listener, let me give a big thanks to you both for keeping it going with such heat for so long. I got turned on to a lot of dope Brazilian tracks from your show over the years. Big ups and best of luck on your next moves.

• magsonjazzmagsonjazz 134 Posts
    God bless you Sir and thanks for listening!