Another Biz Markie claim (Thin Lizzy R)

YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central
The interview which brought the Mardi Gras without the bells rumour to the public's attention was in Big Daddy issue 9.

In the same interview he claims to have "Johnny The Fox" on twelve inch.
Has this ever been seen by anyone else?

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dude on Gemm has one up for 63 dollars.

Says UK only issue.
    63 bucks says "not rare", but I've never seen one.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i think i have a copy but it's a boot like the apache jamaican pressing on arawalk

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I don't imagine that this is what Biz is talking about, but I remember seeing on eBay a few years back a three- or four-song twelve-inch (promoting some 1990s Thin Lizzy greatest hits package, I think?) with "Johnny The Fox" it.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    There is definitely a 12" with this song (no idea if boot or not). Someone I know told me 10 years ago that he has seen it and and a friend of his has it at home.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    three legit versions including this picturesque one on discogs for as low as 10$

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Yep, legit. 2 buddies own it. Difficult, but not rare.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    also part of lenny roberts "fusion beats" bootleg 12" series as SKINNY LIZZY "johnny the fox" on ON DIRT BAG records.
    very raer.

peace, stein. . .

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    cool

jo boyer' milady on the flip, serious bronx beats

Kinetic said:

These are ten a penny 80s cash ins.

I thought OP was talking bona fide 70s 12s.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    skel said:

These are ten a penny 80s cash ins.

I thought OP was talking bona fide 70s 12s.

Indeed. No reish, bootleg (whether Bronx or not), 4-track EP featuring JTF amongst others, etc. Especially given that the British interviewer comments that he is highly suspicious of Biz' claim, I thought Biz was claiming to have something like a 1976 twelve inch.

Rock 12s weren't part of a uk 1976 landscape, that's for sure.

This Biz character is one of three things IMHO:

1) purveyor of some highly desirable and incredibly, inexplicably rare 12s

2) dealer in bootlegs and willing to press up small run dubs

3) totally full of bullshit

I can't call it.

::cough::

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    skel said:
    Rock 12s weren't part of a uk 1976 landscape, that's for sure.

This Biz character is one of three things IMHO:

1) purveyor of some highly desirable and incredibly, inexplicably rare 12s

2) dealer in bootlegs and willing to press up small run dubs

3) totally full of bullshit

I can't call it.

::cough::

Plaese to not tet my Lizzy

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Biz Markie does seem to have remarkably tepid taste in mythical raers.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    Biz Markie does seem to have remarkably tepid taste in mythical raers.

With a collection, which he quantified ten years ago (that's how old that Big Daddy interview is) as having grown to around 100,000 LPs/twelves and 60,000 sevens (if I remember correctly - I don't have the magazine at hand) I am sure he has more than two or three one-offs.
    The next record he spoke about in that interview surely exists but was extremely rare until a 300-piece repress a few years ago (which I missed as well): Cool V's Tribute To Scratchin'. I remember when I heard that being played in the 90s by Westwood. I became so frustrated because NOBODY ever had one for sale and my tape of the radio show got so worn out. I think Biz said the original existed in no more than six copies (Westwood, Marley Marl, Red Alert (?) Biz and Cool V).
    He referred to the Madi Gras in a more recent one interview as "one of those dubs they cut and test pressed at Frankford Wayne" (quoted from memory, he might not have used the word "dub"). Well, here's my holy grail as far as Frankford Wayne dubs is concerned. Please, somebody just let me HEAR this, let alone own it: "Can you feel it" in a combination of the Asphalt Jungle and Funk Fusion's take :oof: .
    http://www.discogs.com/Funk-Fusion-Band-Can-You-Feel-It/release/1560020

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    I made bowls of a bunch of these for my buddies wedding his name was Johnny and his Bride was a FOX!!!! DRum Roll !!! Jokes for dayz BATCHES!!!!!!!!! WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER JOKE "YOUR MOMZ"!!!!!!! AHAHHAAHHAHA i GOT A MILLION OF DEM!!!!!!!!! AHAHHAHAHAHA

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Ironfeet said:
    WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER JOKE
    AHAHHAAHHAHA i GOT A MILLION OF DEM!!!!!!!!! AHAHHAHAHAHA

If you Ironfeet you smell like raclette.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    was that cool v record the one he did with all michael jackson records?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    was that cool v record the one he did with all michael jackson records?

Yes. The record in question is Cool V's tribute to scratching PART 2. There were some Japanese 12" bootlegs pressed up a while back. Black and white label that said "Hot Chillin'"

Here ya go.......

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Big_Chan said:

Yes. The record in question is Cool V's tribute to scratching PART 2. There were some Japanese 12" bootlegs pressed up a while back. Black and white label that said "Hot Chillin'"

Here ya go.......

I might be too gullible but I thought Hotchillin.com has a genuine Marley Marl connection, releasing limited editions of stuff.
    The Cool V / Biz Markie is still on sale for $75 (Free Shipping! - Hahaha)

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Yemsky said:
    Big_Chan said:

Here ya go.......

I might be too gullible but I thought Hotchillin.com has a genuine Marley Marl connection, releasing limited editions of stuff.
    The Cool V / Biz Markie is still on sale for $75 (Free Shipping! - Hahaha)

I heard they were bootlegs, but maybe Marley Marl was involved.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Some Hot Chillin releases have been (allegedly) signed by Marley, so he is involved to some degree.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    these were the type of releases that caused beef between shan and marley