Options

Need help, charity related

edited June 2012 in Strut Central
A very close friend of mine has a 3 year old son who has contracted an incredibly rare brain tumor, rare enough that only 40 kids a year get diagnosed with it. His son is in Sloan Kettering being treated, but things are unfortunately not going so well lately. I work with him, and our firehouse has started a fund drive to help him with his medical bills, which will probably run into the 6 figures at some point. His insurance will not carry the weight.

This guy is as charitable as I am (real headz know, I've kicked in heavy on several causes we've run on here) and is always one of the first to reach into his pocket when we get solicited for donation collections for people.

I'm not a fan of asking for help, and I've never asked for anything on here. All I'm asking is to follow the link to a Give Forward page that we set up for him, read the story, and to drop a 10 dollar donation on there if you can. If not, thanks for looking anyway.

http://www.giveforward.com/princetonst4patty?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_wall&utm_campaign=vanity_page&og_action=hug

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Sorry to hear that your friend's son is having such a hard time.

Next paycheck and I'm in.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Have they looked into alternative ways of trying to cure the tumor?

This here reads very promising:
    http://www.burzynskimovie.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=37

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i got 5 on it
    x2

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Done.

Good luck.

Dan

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Check your PMs

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Chucked little man a 20.

Bless him.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I suppose people are donating but keeping quite?

For those who don't know, Sween is the real deal.
    Some of us here have been talking on line to each other since before 9/11.
    Sween's brother was there as NYCFD.
    His dad, retired NYCFD, was a leader of the volunteers who sifted the rubble.
    Sween is NYCFD.

Sween's family's charity matched Soulstruts Heat Rock Katrina fundraiser.

When he asks for help... Help.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    I donated earlier today. Rooting for the little dude.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Sorry to hear that your friend's son is having such a hard time.

Next paycheck and I'm in.

My paycheck comes Wednesday; I'll be pitching in then.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Man, that just breaks my heart.

For all who don't know Sween, he is soulstrut bedrock and the definition of "dude".
    100 thousand million.
    Give if you can!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Man, that just breaks my heart.

For all who don't know Sween, he is soulstrut bedrock and the definition of "dude".
    100 thousand million.
    Give if you can!

Absolutely this.

Also, done and done. My thoughts are with your friend's family, Sween. Bless.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Raj, can we sticky this at the top?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    day said:
    Raj, can we sticky this at the top?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    just threw down for the cause...i did almost forget. we should sticky it

• Options
    Thanks to everybody that kicked a little something in on this so far, I really appreciate it. Also thanks to anyone who added the link to their Facebook or Twitter feeds too, every little bit helps and we've been receiving help from some unexpected places already! I knew I could count on the 'Strut for a little love.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Made a donation on the strength of Sween's contributions to the community!

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Done. I wish the best for the little guy.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    As others have stated, Sween is a Dude among Dudes. A 100% standup guy who takes care of people. I'm happy to help in some small way, and my thoughts are with your friend and his family.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I completely missed this thread. Thx to Flomotion for bringing it up in another post.

I'm not in NYC to make the event on Sept. 22

http://www.princetonst4patrick.com/

If there is any strutters in NYC area on this date and would like to go. Speak up and I will buy them 2 tickets to attend the event.

Admission, Open Bar, Food, Live Music

If no strutters speak up, I will donate the amount to the link Sween provided above.

• Options
    DOR said:
    I completely missed this thread. Thx to Flomotion for bringing it up in another post.

I'm not in NYC to make the event on Sept. 22

http://www.princetonst4patrick.com/

If there is any strutters in NYC area on this date and would like to go. Speak up and I will buy them 2 tickets to attend the event.

Admission, Open Bar, Food, Live Music

If no strutters speak up, I will donate the amount to the link Sween provided above.

Hey, thanks. I think I was able to write to everyone who donated, if I missed anyone I apologize I might not have recognized the name. This event is on Saturday, and we've raised a ton of money already. Our overall goal was $100,000 and we should be able to hit that on Saturday after all is said and done. I don't anticipate any NY strutters to be able to make it out, it's fairly out of the way from the city and only a short 4 hour event plus I'll be busy hawking t-shirts and raffle tickets and things like that and won't be able to chill.

There was a video featuring my big Polish friend on NY1 in the Queens section, but I can't pull the video since I'm not a Time Warner subscriber I guess. If you go to NY1.com , Queens, then search 'FDNY' it's the article about the South Jamaica house.

Thanks again everyone!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I donated a little this morning too. Best of luck to the little guy.