Paris Hilton getting her DJ on

2»

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    marwal_bust said:
    Clip I saw...the scratch b/w dancing sexy through train wrecks. Game over.

she played the scatman?

FUCKING DIE

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    staxwax said:
    marwal_bust said:
    Clip I saw...the scratch b/w dancing sexy through train wrecks. Game over.

she played the scatman?

FUCKING DIE

In all fairness, the sound was added later. The same "trainwreck mixing" was also used for a Tiesto video years ago...

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Sunfade said:
    At least she scratching over techno.

Sometimes, I feel a little sorry for all you "heck no to techno" dudes who've never heard Claude Young or Jeff Mills spin. Those dudes would blow your fucking minds.
    I remember seeing Jeff Mills playing with 3 turntables and (i think) an 808 here back in the mid/late 90's and to this day I still can not get over what he was able to do!!

Bonus beat Jeff Mills gets a shout out on the back of the Tuff Crew Danger Zone record!!!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Whatever, techno still sucks.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Whatever, techno still sucks.

what an ignorant generalisation. :talib:
    I thought Knights of the jaguar had the "hood pass"? You should like it.

Polka sucks as well. Is that an ignorant generalization too? Or just a sign of a differing taste in music?

Point being, nobody has to respect what they don't like just because it's accomplished or complex or rooted in some other history that they do like or whatever lame arguments y'all are getting longwinded over today.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    A passing observation about a couple of badass DJs is longwinded now?

The mere idea of having to explain to someone why they should like something that they already don't like is inherently longwinded.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Harvey no love for Kraftwerk or Cybortron?

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    The mere idea of having to explain to someone why they should like something that they already don't like is inherently longwinded.

If you classify "I'm a scatman" or the the other tat in the video as techno, you know NOTHING about techno. So you're not qualified at all to comment on it. If you still do, you look like an ignorant moron. Especially if people are nice enough to show you the good stuff and you don't even bother to check it.

jjfad027 said:
    Harvey no love for Kraftwerk or Cybortron?

Of course, there are some great techno moments.

But, as a genre...

Techno has ruined rap. Techno has ruined rock. Techno has ruined going out to clubs. Techno is out to ruin everything.

HarveyCanal said:

You've never let that stop you.

DocMcCoy said:
    HarveyCanal said:

You've never let that stop you.

It's been at least 4 years since I quit on being a music journalist.

finelikewine said:
    HarveyCanal said:

If you classify "I'm a scatman" or the the other tat in the video as techno, you know NOTHING about techno. So you're not qualified at all to comment on it. If you still do, you look like an ignorant moron. Especially if people are nice enough to show you the good stuff and you don't even bother to check it.

Yes, that's it. I don't know what techno is and I've never bothered to check it out. You got me.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    techno > belgian new beat > screaming trees

Ha.

But hell naw.

The Smithereens > techno.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    finelikewine said:
    his productions are executed exceptionally well from a technical point of few,

So he's like the Yngwie Malmsteen of EDM, then? Or Boston without the songs?

Funny you mention this. I was talking to a DJ frond over the weekend about EDM being akin to hair metal/arena rock at this point. No shots, but it's definitely reached that level.

Would that make Steve Aoki the "Stryper" of DJ's?

One can only ponder.

day said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    finelikewine said:

Funny you mention this. I was talking to a DJ frond over the weekend about EDM being akin to hair metal/arena rock at this point. No shots, but it's definitely reached that level.

One can only ponder.

Well, that Swedish House Mafia documentary is certainly full of Spinal Tap moments. It's on Hulu if you haven't checked it out - it's only 45 minutes long, and it's hilarious.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    jaysus said:
    I have seen techno dudes in minnepolis destroy a room with an 808, 707 and an effects pedal. I would love to see HeirDeadmau5 even try to work those machines. What a tool.

his productions are executed exceptionally well from a technical point of few, whether you like it or not. He knows his stuff.
    He is an avid collector of old analogue synth and I'm quite sure he has a 808 & 707 somwhere "filed" in his collection.

After watching this, I still doubt his ability to work with modular synths/analog synths and make music with them. Just because he understands patching because "like umm dude, it's just like in reason/rebirth/fruityloops" does not me he knows his way around making music with them. And collecting synths has absolutely nothing to do with making music with them. The reasons his "productions are executed exceptionally well from a technical point of view" is because of his goddamn ableton midiclock which runs his life wah wah wah (i need it to trigger the lights, poor me)

And he's not a dj he's a producer.

DocMcCoy said:
    day said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    finelikewine said:

One can only ponder.

Well, that Swedish House Mafia documentary is certainly full of Spinal Tap moments. It's on Hulu if you haven't checked it out - it's only 45 minutes long, and it's hilarious.

just watched it. I wouldn't call it a docu, it's more a promo video. It's insane how far you can get with some shitty music.

jaysus said:
    finelikewine said:
    jaysus said:
    I have seen techno dudes in minnepolis destroy a room with an 808, 707 and an effects pedal. I would love to see HeirDeadmau5 even try to work those machines. What a tool.

his productions are executed exceptionally well from a technical point of few, whether you like it or not. He knows his stuff.
    He is an avid collector of old analogue synth and I'm quite sure he has a 808 & 707 somwhere "filed" in his collection.

After watching this, I still doubt his ability to work with modular synths/analog synths and make music with them. Just because he understands patching because "like umm dude, it's just like in reason/rebirth/fruityloops" does not me he knows his way around making music with them. And collecting synths has absolutely nothing to do with making music with them. The reasons his "productions are executed exceptionally well from a technical point of view" is because of his goddamn ableton midiclock which runs his life wah wah wah (i need it to trigger the lights, poor me)

And he's not a dj he's a producer.

What I wanted to say he is a good sound designer / sound engineer, which doesn't make him a good musician, producer nor dj.

finelikewine said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    day said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    finelikewine said:

One can only ponder.

just watched it. I wouldn't call it a docu, it's more a promo video. It's insane how far you can get with some shitty music.

Yeah, I'm sure it's on their unrecouped balance as a promo video, but it's kind of unusual to have a promo video which promotes its subjects as a bunch of juvenile, pampered dickheads with zero self-awareness and an over-inflated view of their own talent.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    finelikewine said:

What I wanted to say he is a good sound designer / sound engineer, which doesn't make him a good musician, producer nor dj.

I will give him that.

• this thread is so full of bad looks all around it makes the video that started it seem almost endearing.