WANTED. HARRY WHITAKER BLACK RENAISSANCE

notesfromthepastnotesfromthepast 48 Posts
edited August 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
i really want this pm if you have it and we can work something out. it will be wirth your time.

Comments

• Are you asking for an OG Copy?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    wirth

• yes an og copy. what does that mean hcrink?

• yes an og copy. what does that mean hcrink?

That is simply nearly impossible to find. Making look Stark Reality LP like a dollar bin classic..

• A few copies have gone on ebay in the last year, and not for as much as it used to, so it's not impossible. This is the wants [/b]section, right?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    i really want this pm if you have it and we can work something out. it will be wirth your time.

Do you have a fully-functioning liver?

• A few copies have gone on ebay in the last year, and not for as much as it used to, so it's not impossible. This is the wants [/b]section, right?

Totally, that's why I used the word "nearly" before "impossible", right?

What was the price of the left copy on ebay?

Totally, that's why I used the word "nearly" before "impossible", right?

What was the price of the left copy on ebay?

299 but that was academy selling it so the price might be alittle lower than that.

• hyderNZhyderNZ 57 Posts
    This is hard to find but its not very valuable. I think the last copy i saw went for $140 or so on ebay.

Just get the reissue, the lps not that great.....

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    the lps not that great.....

• Just get the reissue, the lps not that great.....

yup! out of curiousity I picked up the single Luv N' Haight released. Sounded like any other "Out thur" album. I thought it was going to be some pretty ass sounding soul-jazz piff.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    apparently it was issued twice, both japanese presses on baystate.

it has been going for much less lately than it used too. perhaps the hype has worn off.

i like the copy i found years ago for $8 back when i picked it up b/c i knew that Harry Whitaker played with Roy Ayers and I liked Woody Shaw records. I had no idea it was

• didn't raj have some sound clips of it up on his site.

maybe i'm imagining that but i remember it being like out jazz.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    didn't raj have some sound clips of it up on his site.

maybe i'm imagining that but i remember it being like out jazz.

Black Renaissance is not an "out" jazz record. It's groovy, not exactly funky, a little spiritual and pretty deep, but not that abstract.

More than it is

• Options
    I agree with Drewn - don't think this album is worth the coin. S'alright.

k.

• I don't understand the "not worth $N" thing so y'all can sort that out. It's a little over-hyped but still a gorgeous album, no?

Another board member described it as overrated to me uh a few weeks back too. Is it going through that period after a record's "broken" and reissued where it's cooler to hate it than like it?

• I think what we're trying to say is that you can get a jazz lp that is just as good, if not waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better for a fraction of the price.

• still a gorgeous album

Definitely. Well worth the $15 for the re...