Finds of June

2»

Comments

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    mylatency said:

All members of the early 80s San Diego Chargers team. I remember seeing an interview with Kellen Winslow when he said the most disappointing thing about Fred Deans trade to the 49ers was that it broke up the Hi Fives

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    The African record are mailbox, the rest are highlights so far from 6 boxes of records a family friend gave me.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    great finds maru
    i try to spread the word as much as i can

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    freal, love the sweet family comeups.
    i had a family friend tell me "you should come grab the jamaican records we have in the attic. we used to go down there every year" Bet! well i took four months to get around to it and by that time their son had come back from school and claimed them. cue sad trombone music.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    pcmr said:
    great finds maru

Yeah it's always nice when good records literally fall into your lap. it's my second family record score. First was some crazy Japanese garage and psych records.

Pretty stoked on some of the jazz title here and everything seems to be of the mono, deep groove, six-eye, etc variety.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    pcmr said:
    great finds maru

Yeah it's always nice when good records literally fall into your lap. it's my second family record score. First was some crazy Japanese garage and psych records.

Pretty stoked on some of the jazz title here and everything seems to be of the mono, deep groove, six-eye, etc variety.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that benin comp has my family crest on the cover (dahomey related)

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    cpeetz said:
    finelikewine said:
    leon said:
    finelikewine said:

found a original pair Adidas Alrround in unworn mint condition with the original box!

Nice find! Are they your size?

half a size to small, but I will probably wear them anyway, Size 44 / 9,5

Sweet!
    Be careful though, vintage sneakers can fall apart really fast.
    I'd imagine you could get at least a couple hundred for those, probably much more in that condition.

:face_melt:

couldn't resist:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/180908303479?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Unfortunatly not. :down:

• Mostly finds from the DC record show (pardon my foot)

From India in April (pardon my cat's head on the left)

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    meistromoco said:
    Mostly finds from the DC record show (pardon my foot)

heightfiveseven revealed!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Mostly finds from the DC record show (pardon my foot)

Down for that Fred Locks!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Haven't posted in a finds thread for a long while, but June has treated me ok, these are from all over, stores, ebay, trades, and the flea.

Does anyone know the Reginald Haynes record? I got it sealed, heard the Sara Smile cover on youtube, its just ok. How is the rest of the record, worth it to crack it open?

• the rci one is dave shaw ten which has a decent "hicky burr", "bullit" and a couple other lalo schiffrin numbers..

dianne and the new worlds is half tepid tamla-motown covers and half swampy, instrumental, blues-funk numbers (w/breaks, yo!)

that muqaddar bollywood thing is pretty sick. got it for 50 cents and it's blowing me away...

• crabmongerfunk said:

that muqaddar bollywood thing is pretty sick. got it for 50 cents and it's blowing me away...
    crabmonger -
    I just scored this same bollywood soundtrack a couple of weeks ago for $2 (you beat me), but i totally agree there is some crazy cool shit on there.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    This came out of probably the sickest batch of old school jazz LP's I've ever gone through. Really unique, really beautiful.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Met up with Big_Stacks this weekend and found this at the spot across from my building.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    This came out of probably the sickest batch of old school jazz LP's I've ever gone through. Really unique, really beautiful.

montreal related?

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I haven't posted any finds in a while. Found these 2, and gang of other psych heat, at a Value Village Thrift Shop this weekend. I'll post the others later.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Breez said:
    I haven't posted any finds in a while. Found these 2, and gang of other psych heat, at a Value Village Thrift Shop this weekend. I'll post the others later.

You did great on both. I watched a sealed copy of that Lollipop Shoppe lp fetch almost 4 bills a couple weeks ago.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    It's been awhile since I've posted in a finds thread. Found these during June + a stack of boogie/funk 12" not displayed.