NEWBS: If your going to jump in because of the action, please introduce yourself here

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
And get ready for some hazing. Everyone gets it and it's what has kept this shit straight. Take your lumps and DEAL.

Comments

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    I'll be your huckleberry. My name is Gomez80 from Beaverton Oregon outside Portland. That's all I got, if you have questions then let em rip.

Thanks

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Thriller or Off The mutherfucking Wall?

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Thriller because as a little kid I would dance in my backyard to the whole tape in front of the neighborhood kids. But, Rock With You and Don't Stop are the shit though.

• I never received my hazing when I started to post here. In fact, you guys were kinda welcoming.

• Yo Gomez, you need to change your avatar to a CTI record.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ... and it has to be Canned Funk.

• I've been on the Strut for a bit, but not much of a poster and hence never hazed. Do your worst.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Ok, done. It might not be the best CTI album or deemed fresh by the ogtripleog's but it's one that I own until I can get my hands on more.

Peace

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    BEAVER. TON.
    BEAVER.
    DEALT.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Shit...I was going to post here as a newb but I just noticed I've apparently been here almost 5 years...oh well...I still have the nah'ledge of a mediocre new jack...fire away with the grilling and or beatings...

However, I refuse to go out like this mark:

• eleveneleven 11 Posts
    Forgive me for resurrecting this one. Just didnt want to start random posts prior to an intro.

Eleven.. from Philly. Moved to AZ not too long ago. The record stores here have been ok, havent been to them all yet . Now that I'm a stones throw away from Cali, I may have to take a road trip to check it out (Amoeba at least).

Peace

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    DOR said:

Can we revamp this question to a false dichotomy between either Justified or Futuresex/Lovesounds?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    bobtheorange said:
    I never received my hazing when I started to post here. In fact, you guys were kinda welcoming.

I peed on your records at Night Owl when you weren't looking

::Hazing done::

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    edulus said:
    DOR said:

Can we revamp this question to a false dichotomy between either Justified or Futuresex/Lovesounds?
    No, no we cannot.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    edulus said:
    DOR said:

BAN

• I been on this board for a few years and have been hazed so what do I win?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Sup, nerds.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    I've been here a while, but I've never introduced myself. I'm Jason (Hi, Jason) from Abilene Texas. I make beats on a Yamaha sampler that I don't think was meant to make beats on.

I have a beautiful six month old little girl named Lily.

Thriller all day. Like the homie above, I rocked out to that shit as a kid.

Any Strutters rolling through West Texas hit me up.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    I've been here a while, but I've never introduced myself. I'm Jason (Hi, Jason) from Abilene Texas. I make beats on a Yamaha sampler that I don't think was meant to make beats on.

I have a beautiful six month old little girl named Lily.

Thriller all day. Like the homie above, I rocked out to that shit as a kid.

Any Strutters rolling through West Texas hit me up.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    I never properly introduced myself when I started, although I did get a face melt for my first ever post, an MP3 for record day. It's been down hill ever since. Let's face it, I've just haven't got anything of any interest to say to anyone!! LOL. I live in Aix, southern France and am currently watching the national team lose to Spain who just took it to 2-0 with a penalty. Thriller for Billy Jean. Please haze - I like the attention. I'll make it easy for you. I think that the Crusaders are underrated and I think that the Archie Whitewater LP is overrated. There that you get some of you going.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    tabira said:
    I think that the Crusaders are underrated and I think that the Archie Whitewater LP is overrated. There that you get some of you going.

The Crusaders suck and Archie Whitewater's LP rules.

TAKE THAT!

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Why, you low down....you didn't even correct my spelling when you quoted me!

• I've been here quite a while off and on... I'm a 43 year old 70s jazz phreak... English guy living in Norway and up to my eyeballs in vintage keyboards... love the geeky elements of this forum.. I have collected vinyl since I was 16...

Football tonight will be interesting!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    orangefunk said:
    I've been here quite a while off and on... I'm a 43 year old 70s jazz phreak... English guy living in Norway and up to my eyeballs in vintage keyboards... love the geeky elements of this forum.. I have collected vinyl since I was 16...

Football tonight will be interesting!

Jazz
    English
    Geeky

You might do better over here

• 3rdshow3rdshow 168 Posts
    I never really did this, so..
    I'm 30 years old and living in zurich, switzerland. The deepest part of my collection (whatever that means) is probably rap and soul. I definitely have some joints but there isn't much system to my collecting as I am into lots of different genres and I am discovering new ones constantly. I don't think I know any strutters in real life except for dreas who showed me around chicago a couple years ago and jonny paycheck who I have met at the store a few times.
    I guess I prefer off the wall over thriller and definitely low end theory over mm these days.
    What's up soul strut!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    tabira said:
    I think that the Crusaders are underrated and I think that the Archie Whitewater LP is overrated.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    I too never introduced myself to the forum when I joined in 2007 and 6 years later still feel like a newb. My name is Justin and I've lived in the Seattle area all 28 years of my life. I created my account while "studying" in college but never really poasted much until now for some reason. I am a sociology major who currently works in a correctional facility (Rick Ross R). I mainly buy/collect soul, jazz, and pre-1997 hip hop/rnb. I have a goal of owning every O'Jay's album and am not afraid to admit that I like The Carpenters.

Over the years I've met a handful of people from the forum, that I know of, and they've all been down to earth folks with a great sense of humor.

Off The Wall

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Welcome.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Newbs,

I welcome you to Soul Strut and big up those of you who had the stones to introduce yourselves in this thread. Don't let these cats scare you, they're not as ferocious as they try to appear. I came on here to take my lumps nearly 11 years ago and survived. It's been a wild ride, but this is a cool place to hang out with interesting people who all share a passion for music. Viva Soul Strut!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Hi, I'm new here. I just started posting without announcing my arrival to surreptitiously integrate myself but I agree that you can't properly arrive on a forum without the members being rude to you first. Here's your opportunity (I'll be available for abuse in other threads too).

The only other forum I've been a member is a lot ruder to new and existing members alike, seems like everyone's pretty friendly here.

I think I found this place while looking for an AEIOU track list, then visited occasionally to find new (old) music. Grew up with rap music, went through a phase of being strictly 60s and now listen to and collect anything good.

Oh yeah nobody else has their name in their username - that's alright I can be that guy and you already know my government name now so the damage is done.