Soul Strut 100: # 66 - Al Green - Im still in love with you

2»

Comments

• mannybolone said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    One of the greatest albums ever recorded. Willie Mitchell for the win.

Cofuckingsign

Cosine the Cofuckingsign. If I had a nickle for every time I've listened to this album from end to end... The instramentals, arrangements, and production on each track are just pristine. I especially love Up Above My Head, though its an oft slept on track. It just builds and builds and becomes so powerful by the end. *bliss*

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    SoundOutLoud said:
    mannybolone said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Cofuckingsign

Cosine the Cofuckingsign. If I had a nickle for every time I've listened to this album from end to end... The instramentals, arrangements, and production on each track are just pristine. I especially love Up Above My Head, though its an oft slept on track. It just builds and builds and becomes so powerful by the end. *bliss*

Is that a bonus track on the CD? Don't recall an "Up Above My Head" on the vinyl LP.

• pickwick33 said:
    SoundOutLoud said:
    mannybolone said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Cofuckingsign

Is that a bonus track on the CD? Don't recall an "Up Above My Head" on the vinyl LP.

You are correct. My apologies for the imprecision. Fire, nonetheless.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Al Jackson on drums!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This album, man.... This is one of those "if you can't get with this, then you've got serious fuckin' problems" albums.

b/w

"Glad You're Mine" is going to be the first dance at my wedding. How could anything else fit the bill?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

'Nuff said. Also, "I'm Still in Love with You" is one my 'signature' karaoke joints. ;-) The femmes can't resist the sweet, 'Stacks falsetto. :next_level: On the real, "I'm Still in Love with You" have been a favorite of mine since childhood, another great addition to the Soul Strut 100.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I always play the whole thing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Simply Beautiful

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    Classic Record from Start to Finish!

:feelin_it:

X 1000000000000000000000000*

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    So happy to see this in the list, an all time favorite of mine and one of those if I had to choose just 1 record this would be it kind of records. I remember the first time i listened to the whole record from start to finish was one of those dawn of awareness moments that I had previously been hunting only for breaks and almost ignoring the music, this record broke that down with such force that I have never once come close to heading back down that path some 10 or so years later. It is also one of those records I can happily listen too regardless of my mood.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    batmon said:
    Simply Beautiful

x1000

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    batmon said:
    Simply Beautiful

x1000

• Isn't 'Jesus is Waiting' on Call Me, not Still In Love With You'?

Yeah, it is but seemed like as good as place as any to share a clip of Al Green at his best.