What Is Your Digging Technique?

13»

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I also like to stand behind somebody whilethey dig so I don't get my hands dirty. Mostly the stuff they take I either have or don't want.

Only works if you're standing behind thin diggers.
    And if you do that behind me you better be ready for some sharp elbow action.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I found hotness in wrong sections so many times that I look thru everything.

I have too, but that was mainly because the record store clerks didn't know what the hell it was. Once I saw a Love album that was filed in the soul section (and this was before their 90's resurgence).

Well, duh, it has a "black guy" on the cover...

reminds me of my days working in record shops, how the owner would put Eminem & the Beastie Boys in the "pop/rock" section...I'd be like:
    "so...'Pop' means 'white' or what? Can we put Outkast in Pop too?"
    "oh, no, they're hip-hop!"

again, I say

Right! Anyone can miss file a record, no clerk knows every artists.

But when I see Nat Cole, Chubby Checkers, Chuck Berry, Harry Belafonte and the Bus Boys in the soul section it just burns me. Makes sense those same assholes would put Beasties, Eminem, Righteous Brothers and Wild Cherry in pop.
    This reminds me of one of the most common lines that I hear when I'm in a record store, "Our soul bin is back there". I guess just because I'm a young Black dude, I can't look through the Rock section .

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    This reminds me of one of the most common lines that I hear when I'm in a record store, "Our soul bin is back there". I guess just because I'm a young Black dude, I can't look through the Rock section

I'm black myself, I know what you mean.

The funniest example had to be once when I bought a rockabilly album at, of all places, a small mom-&-pop store - black-owned in a black 'hood. They had no "rock" section as such; this LP was just randomly filed in the back with all the R&B dusties. Older lady behind the counter playfully asks me, "what are YOU doing buying THIS?" I replied: "ah, what are you doing SELLING this?"

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    At record shows... I get there early and follow this guy around:

Attached files