DizzyBull used to post here.

Haha, indeed he did.

• hugh_lucerohugh_lucero 485 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    DizzyBull used to post here.

As did Iron Monkey

(Discuss)

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    Looking back, 2002 was actually a pretty great year.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    had more money in 2002

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    madly in love and in a relationship
    ending one DJ residency and starting another (which is still going)
    still working in docs
    amazing year for film releases
    my join date is not a true date since the redesign here, but I am pretty sure my life was SStrut-free in 2002

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    hit it twice

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    In 2002 I met my wife. So, yeah, good year.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    bassie said:
    hit it twice

Rowwwrrrrr

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    I was in a band, touring regularly and DJing at our shows too.

Along with the other songs in this thread this was a highlight of the rap year:

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    I lived on unemployment for 8 months and still managed to pay rent in Manhattan, and had zero debt (rent stabilized tiny studio apt related). ??I was single and free of almost all responsibility. I was broke but it didn't bother me. It was actually one of the best times of my life. ??I worked on my music and walked to Central Park everyday. ??My waking hours were 2pm to 4am. ??I never before had such a long break from work or school and I felt like I could finally just breathe. That summer did more to clear my head than anything else i had tried previously. It was very healing.??

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Busy year.
    I was mid-way through a big project at a bank in Dublin. Best people I've ever worked with. Yay.
    Paying rent there and the mortgage here so made nothing financially. Boo.
    Project finished there and started another job just 10 miles from home. Could save some money. Yay.
    Worst people I've ever worked with. Boo.
    Won a balller Ice Hotel trip to Sweden with Saab. Yay.
    Wife got pregnant with #1 son. Yay.
    Finished work start of December. No-one hires in December (or the next 3 months, apparently). Boo.
    Had to spend any savings due to no work. Boo.
    #1 Son born 10th Decemeber. Yay!!!

• Can't really remember much that happened personally. Musically, I think I was pretty much steeped in broken beat...

• granjerogranjero 147 Posts
    neil_something said:
    Can't really remember much that happened personally. Musically, I think I was pretty much steeped in broken beat...

Broken Beat YEAH. In 2002 I interviewed all the BB dudes (IG, Bugz, Dego, Domu, Goya guys, Modaji - remember him?!?!??) to make a really naive feature on 'the West London Sound' for a late-night London TV prog. It was pretty dire (totally my fault not theirs) but I kept the footage and since a couple of years ago had the intention of revisiting them 10 years on to make some kind of 'what happened to Broken Beat' thing for YouTube.
    Absolutely no time or inclination to do so now of course. We'll do it in 2022.