RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
Fuck.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Fuh..huh...huh...huh....huh....k

RIP

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I just peeped SGt Pepper Lonelys Heart Club Band Movie for the first time ever recently.

The Bee Gees harmony lost a great part.

Damn....

i just was playing Andy Gibb while im made braekfast for shortie this mornin'.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I still don't own a copy of Saturday Night Fever. I always liked the earlier RSO and Atco material better. R.I.P.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    I still don't own a copy of Saturday Night Fever

That was played on repeat in my house growing up. Fuck man...this has been a bad month.

RIP Robin Gibb

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    I still don't own a copy of Saturday Night Fever. I always liked the earlier RSO and Atco material better. R.I.P.

BAN

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Nooooooooo!

• This has truly been a disheartening month. My musical heroes are being plucked out of the sky one by one. I wasn't the hugest fan of the Bee Gees, but I absolutely loved their harmonies and the layer upon layer of great sounds they made as a group. As I said with Donna Summer, cancer truly is the worst. Rest well, Robin.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Gets me every time:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Gets me every time:

I wish I could write anything as good as this. You can be all cynical and shit about their toothsome imagery etc. but no matter how bad the other stuff is, you have to take it back when you listen to their best work.

R.I.P.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    RIP Robin.
    BeeGees are in my top 20 artists by # iPod tracks.
    TBH dude never looked super-healthy, but certainly the skinny Jimmy Page look suited him better than the 'lesbian auntie' style of later years.
    What a canon of songs he was involved in.
    Eternal legacy, no doubt. People be listening to TMH and HDIYL in a thousand years for sure.
    And maximum respect for never losing the accent.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

This is a sad loss as I have been a great fan of The Bee Gees's music since I was a lil' shortie. Their harmonies were beyond description, and Robin Gibb was a huge part of it. I on the "How Deep is Your Love" love, but I'd also like to add these to the mix:

RIP, Mr. Gibb. You're musical legacy will live on forever.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The joint......

Nice cover version....

Snoop on it....

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    That little RSO cow made countless revolutions on my first turntable, and a lot of those labels were affixed to Bee Gees records. RIP to an all-time great voice.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    day said:
    stratasphere said:

That was played on repeat in my house growing up.
    Yup.

Side A of Saturday Night Fever hangs with any album side ever. Anyone who says otherwise is probably either some gassed internet wetmouth who's only fucking with Sylvester acetates and shit or some jean-jacketed heavy-metal-parking-lot dogwater who's afraid of love.

Bee Gees to infinity. Rest in peace.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    james said:
    day said:
    stratasphere said:

That was played on repeat in my house growing up.
    Yup.

Side A of Saturday Night Fever hangs with any album side ever. Anyone who says otherwise is probably either some gassed internet wetmouth who's only fucking with Sylvester acetates and shit or some jean-jacketed heavy-metal-parking-lot dogwater who's afraid of love.

Bee Gees to infinity. Rest in peace.

Grew up in my underoos listenin' to that record on our cheap stereo floor console when the playboy channel and hbo was new to cable television.
    Jive Talkin'!!

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    The SNF soundtrack was the first disco/funk cd I ever bought and the first music I caught myself dancing to, and really what inspired me to begin actively collecting music.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    rest in peace.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    A favorite, its smells of the late 70s, sultry for your fancy. Gibb chest hair for life.