My new record label CHERRIES RECORDS

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
Not trying to spam .. but I've been around these parts for years and years, and Im thinking yall might be into this, so I think I should get a pass. My fiance and I just launched our first 7" release by Cermakk & Doug Shorts - Feels So Right / Love's Gone Wrong today. Some of you here may be into it... take a look here... http://www.cherriesrecords.bigcartel.com/

Doug Shorts has been singing in groups since the 60s here in Chicago, including playing with The Visitors, Shades of Brown (on Cadet), James Clark Band, etc. We're excited to introduce him to a new audience.

Got alot of good music to come... and can't wait to share! Thanks for taking a listen.

Comments

• :hard_as_fuck:
    Congrats, thanks, radical.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Always nice to hear of a new label starting, great news.
    Look forward to hearing what the label has in store.
    Great work on this first release.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The first track is especially banging'. Massive props.
    Dudes voice sounds fresh.

And loving the super clean label design, that's future gripper fodder right there.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Meaty & Shred; Love you guys. I can't hear this cause it's late as fuck and everyone's asleep, but I heartily endorse this product and/or event.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Dubs pon di post.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    skel said:
    The first track is especially banging'. Massive props.
    Dudes voice sounds fresh.

And loving the super clean label design, that's future gripper fodder right there.

This. Although it's the B-side that really got me. Great work.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    An***w,

Congrats my man??? Love the Moder Soul Vibes. Doug Shorts is legits!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Already got 1 dislike on the youtube, so you know we're legit now!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The first side is great but that b-side is pleasuring my ears in special ways. Great standard to set with the first release. Congrats.

Thanks, the B Side seems to be winning with the folks in general.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thanks.
    Good luck.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Congrats Meaty, the label and the engagement.

His name might be Doug Shorts, but check out those pants. Major.

• Congrats. I'm digging both tracks pretty hard. Love the beats. I have been searching for more music of this ilk recently and picked up a copy this morning.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Good Lord. the b side is killing it.

Thank you guys... these things are flying out of here.. will be sold out soon.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    damn! b-side for the win!

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    Any plans to release any of his demo stuff from the 70's/80s? Heard a CD of material that was floating around a while back, sounded pretty good.

@Chuck yes! curious where you heard this CD? had to be one of my homies....

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    meatyogre said:
    @Chuck yes! curious where you heard this CD? had to be one of my homies....

Yeah, my friend's sister dates somebody connected to Galapagos, forgot who exactly. They're big fans of Chicago indie rap and somehow got a CD of this stuff; pretty phenomenal; been waiting for someone to mention it on the strut.

Congrats on the new release, looking forward to more!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    really nice jams, I especially like the bside for sure.

Thanks for the feedback everyone... Doug is hyped up on the great response..... lots more music coming from Doug and friends. Doug has so much killer material, we don't even know where to start. This record is damn near being sold out.. so if you're into it, grab it now, as we will not be repressing!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Nice stuff, just bought it, actually saw someone on fb talking about it before I read the thread.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    purchased! thank you and CONGRATULATIONS!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    The b-side is the one which made me order doubles. Great!

• exte82exte82 202 Posts
    Nice stuff, just ordered one copy.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    congratulations and good luck on your endevour. this has been purchased and will be playing on a dancefloor in long beach, california as soon as it arrives.

peace, stein. . .

Massive thanks to everyone who have purchased a copy. We are damn near out of stock. Everyone who ordered a copy, we will send official MP3s to your email some time in the next two weeks, as well. Thanks!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    meatyogre said:
    Massive thanks to everyone who have purchased a copy. We are damn near out of stock. Everyone who ordered a copy, we will send official MP3s to your email some time in the next two weeks, as well. Thanks!

Nice, thanks! But how about sending lossless (flac, wav, aiff) files?

That sounds better. We will definitely do wav's for people who bought the 45.

Hot tip, these are going to be sold out by day's end. Thanks again for everyone's feedback and support!