GRIZZLY MAN (film related)

2»

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I want to see this but I'm kind of scared, the scene in the preview where he tries to pet the bear in the river and it turns on him all quick HAS ME SHOOK. I mean, I will see it, but I'm scared. am I crazy? thanks.

you won't hear the audio of the mauling and you won't see any violence against him. it will be described - which will be the most uncomfortable part. you get to see herzog listening to the audio of the mauling and that was the most tender and compassionate thing I have ever seen outside of my own reality. if anything bad were to happen to my loved ones, i'd want him there to console me.

herzog doesn't ignore the inherent sensationalism of the story, but he approches it tastefully in a respectful manner to his family. that treadwell dude is crazy, but you understand why he found meaning in living like this. there is so much beautiful footage of the animals treadwell recorded as well as some unreal & magical footage of him interacting with them.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

agguire wrath of god is a dope movie.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    werner is my hero. that scene with the monkeys in aguirre is so disturbing but really beautiful. popol vuh was the perfect soundtrack. not in this film per se because a lot of it was treadwell's footage, but the way he usually films chaos in nature is so graceful. i don't even know how to explain it.

my best fiend is great as well. i love his narration in that.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    You were likely hearing some other bear/man incident.

!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

my best fiend is great as well. i love his narration in that.

You know the part when he talks about the extras all being more scared of him than Kinski because he was so quiet? Most definitely. At least with Kinski you knew what to expect. Herzog seemed like a much bigger freak (and waaay scarier as the narration continued). His love/hate speech about nature made me feel like I would not want to be stuck on some South American mountain top with him for weeks on end. Shades of Brando in Apocalypse Now. I like the way he kept qualifying all his own questionable behaviour, too. He talked about wanting to murder Kinski like he was talking about wanting to give him a massage. He made fire-bombing Kinski???s house sound so elegant!

What is the age difference between the two? If Herzog was 13 when they met in that house - how old was Kinski?

Got it- he was 29. Kinski had one of those ageless faces.