Looking for a minty copy of -

BelsonBelson 880 Posts
edited August 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Malcolm's Locks - Caribbean Rock on Happy Bird LPI guess I could handle the Bellaphon release but I'ld prefer the Happy Bird issue.Thanks alot................G

Comments

• Sorry, I cant help you....

It's that the Ghanian Happy Bird label? What is this title then?

Thanks,

Dress

• idemidem 98 Posts
    yeh i can let mine go ,, i have the 45 and its the only track on the lp i like ,, so the lp is yours greg if you can come up with a swap i want ...
    pm me
    john..

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Sorry, I cant help you....

It's that the Ghanian Happy Bird label? What is this title then?

Thanks,

Dress

Hi Dress

it's a German label that released y few good records, but mostly bad Jazz. There's a Herbie Hancock on Happy Bird as well as those Stone Alliance and Steve Grossmann LPs. There a funny Brazilian record called Mato Grasso. Some Germans living in Brazil recorded popular Brazilian tunes. They play wonderfully, but most Brazilians are turned off by their accent. I think the record is still enjoyable.

The Malcolm's Lock LP is actually a German record with much help of Peter Herbolzheimer (I still remember passing Herbolzheim on our tour to Freiburg) and some other great German/ European Jazzers. Has nice cover versions, but weak tunes too. Think Certain Lions & Tigers with weak moments, but good musicianship. Check it out if you see it. I'd buy! There are some CLUB TUNES!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I'd buy!

Oups! That's TAP. I'd tap...