The Avengers

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    2 extra scenes during credits???? Only saw the first. Well there's another reason to see it again.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    motown67 said:
    2 extra scenes during credits???? Only saw the first. Well there's another reason to see it again.

One is "THE SHIT" , the other is some cutesy bullshit at the very very end of the credits.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    pretty dumb but mostly fun.

also that 2nd extra scene is online (i missed it too)
    http://www.hypable.com/2012/05/02/avengers-after-after-credits-scene-revealed-image-somehow-leaked-online-spoilers/

My nerdy gripe: It would have been cool if someone threw out just one line explaining where the Fantastic 4 were. Just have some cop say over a walkie-talkie that they're fighting the aliens uptown or something.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:

One is "THE SHIT" , the other is some cutesy bullshit at the very very end of the credits.

Caught the first of course, hung around right to the end of the credits expecting something else, but I missed this completely. Sounds like it was on some "hidden track" shit.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:

Caught the first of course, hung around right to the end of the credits expecting something else, but I missed this completely. Sounds like it was on some "hidden track" shit.

I wonder if this was the "one more scene" they were referring to?

http://www.comicbooked.com/avengers-assemble-for-one-more-scene-plus-more-marvel-movies-through-2015/

As the highly anticipated film held its press screening this past Wednesday in Los Angeles, a rumor has leaked out that at least some of the cast were called in to shoot an additional scene for the movie this week.

The response to the screening indicate that The Avengers will open very well, and it would not surprise anyone if it would go on to have the best box office for any Marvel film. (Iron Man 2 holds the record for a few more weeks with $128 million). There was, however a press conference at the event where Robert Downey, Jr. announced that ???We are shooting one more scene. Tonight. Not kidding??? and despite both Joss Whedon, the film???s director, and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige denying it, the rumor still persists.Captain America - Iron Man - Avengers

Actor Mark Ruffalo, who plays Dr. Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk in the movie (taking over from Ed Norton) also told press, ???We???re shooting a scene tonight. I???m not sure exactly where it???s gonna go. All I know is that someone came in with the costume and said, ???Here???s some wardrobe. We don???t know where you???re going to be or what you???re doing?????? So I???m like, ???All right, when are we doing that???? Today after we???re done.???

No word whether or not this new scene will be part of the story of the film, or if will be a post script scene, setting up one of the many Avengers related film projects Marvel has in various states of pre-production. It has been tradition with the shared Marvel films to end with a post credit tag to tease fans about what is coming up next.

It is not unusual that such a scene was not included in the press screening, as to keep the surprise and anticipation, and by waiting to the last minute to film it, there will be less time for word to leak out about the contents of such a scene.

They are just eating together at a the shawarma spot Tony Stark/Iron Man mentions during the battle. Its not a big deal.

Its nothing compared to the other scene. Its cute shit.

• "I've tried that... I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy ate it..." Disturbing to hear from Banner, but once again shows you that the Hulk is awesome!! The only negative for me to give to this movie is that it ended. I enjoyed that action roller coaster of a movie today!!

• ".... and that guy over there playing GALAGA. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did."

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    speakmumbles said:
    ".... and that guy over there playing GALAGA. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did."

One of many good laughs.

8/10

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    PUNY GOD!

• mumbosauce said:
    PUNY GOD!

Is that what the Hulk said?? I couldn't hear it from the thunderous roar of laughter in the jam packed movie theatre I was in! HULK FOREVER! I heard that Mark Ruffalo was signed on to do more Hulk movies in the near future.

• yeah and ferrigno did the voice of hulk, i believe that was his only line other than roaring.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    y r ticketz sold out for 9pm 3d showing on a sunday? :(

• speakmumbles said:
    yeah and ferrigno did the voice of hulk, i believe that was his only line other than roaring.

Based of his appearances one Celebrity Apprentice, Ferrigno was probably saying "I always give 110 Perthent"

u muthafuckas who havent seen it this weekend im gonna talkbout it tmmw.

Saw it for the second time on Sunday. Stayed to watch the second extra at the very end of the credits.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    glad i didn't peep this thread until i saw the movie. dudes talking about t-anos, c'mon! that schitt needs to be seen without knowing. i lost my mind when i saw that. wheadon stomped everybody out with this movie. hulk was finally done right. the brute, crazy kirby hulk. love the scene between him and black widow. everybody will have to step their game up becuase of this movie.classic.

SIRUS said:
    glad i didn't peep this thread until i saw the movie. dudes talking about t-anos, c'mon! that schitt needs to be seen without knowing. i lost my mind when i saw that. wheadon stomped everybody out with this movie. hulk was finally done right. the brute, crazy kirby hulk. love the scene between him and black widow. everybody will have to step their game up becuase of this movie.classic.

Yes.

The Dark Knight Rises will be good but the game has been raised big time.

I hope Spiderman learned from its mistakes and chill on the love story nonsense.

Paltrow in cutoffs is my shit though.

They gave u old crazy Hulk and retained some Banner personality Hulk.

This genre is killin shit.

I think Banner got his best take in this movie. He was nervous and always looked down and away when he saw a soldier/security, etc. It got him perfectly I thought.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    saw it last night in 3D. goood stuff.
    my memory isnt the best but there were good one liners all the way through. the crowd went berserk when hulk ragdolled you know who. that shit was hilarious! scarlet and nick fury's lady in command were looking nice

tripledouble said:
    the crowd went berserk when hulk ragdolled you know who.

The "best" scene.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    batmon said:
    Paltrow in cutoffs

I was gonna mention that, but I figured it constituted a spoiler. I've never thought of Paltrow as hot, but I thought she was great at conveying the sexual tension between Pepper and Stark in the Iron Man movies. When I saw that shot, the second thing I thought was "Whedon has put that in there because he knows that, when the DVD/Blu-Ray comes out, someone will clip that shit out and turn it into an animated gif". Likewise the very similar shot when Scarlett goes to talk to Loki when he's caged up. That's how deep his geek game is.

Now, if only he'll cast Summer Glau as Scarlet Witch in the sequel...

DocMcCoy said:
    batmon said:
    Paltrow in cutoffs

I was gonna mention that, but I figured it constituted a spoiler. I've never thought of Paltrow as hot, but I thought she was great at conveying the sexual tension between Pepper and Stark in the Iron Man movies. When I saw that shot, the second thing I thought was "Whedon has put that in there because he knows that, when the DVD/Blu-Ray comes out, someone will clip that shit out and turn it into an animated gif". Likewise the very similar shot when Scarlett goes to talk to Loki when he's caged up. That's how deep his geek game is.

Now, if only he'll cast Summer Glau as Scarlet Witch in the sequel...

Im a Paltrow dude ever since Great Expectations.

She was the "sex/love" of the movie. A couple of bootie shots...cool with me.

I hope Spider-Man learned their lessons and smothers the Love nonsense.

Good call on the Summer Glau choice. I doubt they are going to mess w/ the Mutant universe right now.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    motown67 said:
    I think Banner got his best take in this movie. He was nervous and always looked down and away when he saw a soldier/security, etc. It got him perfectly I thought.

he was totally great, best banner so far... they don't need another hulk movie, he's better as the pitbull that breaks out of his cage every once in a while...

i think marvel is making a BIG mistake saying they are gonna do Iron Man 3, Cap 2, and Thor 2 before Avengers 2... i don't really give a fuck enough about Cap and Thor to wanna see another whole movie w/ either... only would see another Iron Man b/c RBjr kills it... a group thing is better, keeps it flowing...

i thought the new Spider Man looked terrible, but i am not up on the new comics w/ all this shit about his parents...

i actually didn't get that was Thanos at the end, saw it over my shoulder walking out, thought it was a skrull!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Seeing it tonight!

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Saw it last night, can only agree with the praise. I'm not a hardcore comic head but I did grow up on some Marvel stuff, especially Spiderman and X-men. The last few years, superhero movies have been giving me THAT FEELING back - that I got from reading Marvel growing up. And this is one of the best flicks in the genre.

I liked that they gave Stark so many good lines. Calling Thor "Point Break"? Now that's funny.

I still think 3D is mostly gimmicky though. The sharpness of HD, the sound and the effects are what makes movies like this mindblowing. 3D is cool sometimes but just as often distracting - when the camera pans (like in the first showing of the command bridge of the SHIELD ship) 3D seems to blur everything.

I do like we're clocking in at about one Swede per Hollywood blockbuster nowadays. Stellan in this one, Noomi Rapace in Prometheus...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Can't speak highly enough. As a Marvel nerd they did it right. This might be the "golden era" for comic book flicks. Iron Man 1/2, Batman 1/2, Thor, the last X-Men joint and now this. Good to be here.

i agree about the 3D. i coulda done without it

im trying to remember the other one liners from the movie but theyre not coming to mind. definitely a bunch of laugh out loud moments

te trailer for expandables2 was a laugh riot. maybe cause i was drunk, but i just found all the old action heroes crammed into one trailer hilarious