Adam Yauch: rip

Comments

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    damn. RIP.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    So, so sad. I kinda hoped he'd beaten the cancer. Dude was younger than me. RIP.

He came hard on this, at least for the time.

SPAN style="color:#000000; font:bold 11px verdana;">Tous les /SPAN>clips Beastie Boys

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    RIP. :(

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Oh damn, I was just selecting records to spin tomorrow at my GFs birthday party and I put "Ill Communication" in the bag because I realized how long I haven't played "Root Down" or "Get It Together". So I will make an announcement before I play something from that LP tomorrow.

R.I.P.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Dam this sucks. MCA all day.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    damn damn damn

considering the role Beastie Boys played in my life and the development of my musical tastes, this is an incredibly hard pill to swallow.

RIP

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    really sucks. damn damn DAMN RIP

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    RIP damn!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Sad... these guys have (musically) been a part of my life since I was 11

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Damn! Sad, sad news! :(

He'll be missed. R.I.P.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Goddamn. Beasties in rotation all weekend here. RIP.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    RIP to the gawd.

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    SAD SAD

R.I.P. MCA

I will karaoke you tonight with extra reverence!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    damn, this is a tough one to swallow. was watching some of their crazy 80s shenanigans on youtube just the other day.
    rip mca.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    RIP

So sad right now :cry:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Gutted. Grew up on the Beasties. RIP

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Damn, sad news. RIP MCA.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    man that sucks. probably my favorite Beastie. Loved his flow.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    One of the greatest voices in Hip Hop.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Shit....Way too young to go.

I'll have to dig out licensee to ill, I bought the cassette when it came out, it was the first music I ever bought...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm shocked and saddened by this.

My favorite Beasty and possibly favorite MC for that matter.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    words cant even describe the feeling...

R.I.P

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Very saddened by this.
    RIP to a guy whose work I always enjoyed.

Does anyone have/remember the comic strips he used to do in the back of Grand Royal magazine? I was loking around for it on the interwebs...but couldnt find anything. I specifically remember one about him being all messed up in LA and then having his car break down and he was randonly rescued by Alan Thicke or somebody like that in the Holluywood Hills.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    RIP. Respect to those he is survived by.

When I turned 10, I was allowed to ride the bus/metro. One of the first things I can remember buying was the 'Check Your Head' LP.

Myself and my musical tastes have grown with this group and I will be forever indebted and thankful.

My adoration for the 'Root Down' (and the subsequent research I embarked upon after hearing it) was arguably the motivation behind my digging for original sample source.

Thank you Mr. Yauch.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    a few years ago my boy John (partner in rhyme) took a road trip to Montreal to see the Beastie Boys (5 boro's tour) and i turned down the opportunity to go, as i couldnt get the time off work...he bragged about that shit forever and still does...totally feel like shit for missing that now...

i remember seeing the video for "No Sleep Til Brooklyn" on pay T.V. back in the day, that was the first time i saw "rap" on tv 87ish or so...

big question i have is what happens now? look at Run DMC when JMJ died....or Fat Boys when Buff Died...

will the Beastie Boys continue to record as the Beastie Boys? or is the Hot Sauce Commitee #2 the Last album...

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    batmon said:
    Man, this was one of my first thoughts. If dude is not ground zero for that raspy flow, he's close.

"Year And A Day," all day.

Rest in peace.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    This is shit news, a 47 yr old should be half way through their game.

RIP MCA, gonna blast you in my ride now

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:

big question i have is what happens now? look at Run DMC when JMJ died....or Fat Boys when Buff Died...

Hologram.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    james said:
    batmon said:
    Man, this was one of my first thoughts. If dude is not ground zero for that raspy flow, he's close.

When i first heard them I felt his voice rescued them cause the other two sounded way too whiny.