Live From Daryl's House.

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
I've been watching a bunch of these since I saw this on reddit. Some decent to great performances. Did the strut have a thread on this already and I missed it? Are there any other artist shows like this I should check out?

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    My boy Kenny has done that show. He plays keys for KT Tunstall and is a total Hall & Oates fanboy. He posted a picture from the recording on his Facebook page after T-Bone died, but I never made the connection. He was in Berlin the other week and was telling me about it. When they called "cut" after this, everyone just turned and stared at Kate, mouths agape. She kills it.

When they asked Kate to do it, they just wanted her on her own, but she agreed on the condition she could bring Kenny along. So anyway, they're explaining the format to 'em - couple of Daryl's songs, couple of yours, couple of covers - and someone asks Kenny, "You can find your way around Kiss On My List, right?", and he's like, "[Mancunian accent] Are yer fookin' kiddin? Course I can!"

Once the recording winds up, my boy steels himself and asks Daryl if he wouldn't mind signing something. "Sure," he says, "Whaddya want me to sign?" He takes a copy of Sacred Songs from out of his coat pocket. Daryl raises an eyebrow. "Is this the Japanese CD?" "Yeah", says Kenny. "How'd you get hold of this?" "I bought it". So he signs the CD; "To Kenny, great playing with you. Thanks for your support, Daryl."

A class act.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Amazing. Thx for sharing Doc.