south florida digging.

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Any strutters ever hit up the swap meet in Ft. Lauderdale? I'm flying there in december. Is it worth my time to go digging there? It's going to be a tough sell to the wife and kid, but if it's worth it I'll make it happen.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    paging aschrock... and rap79?

• i asked here a while ago about the same ft. lauderdale. didnt get much feedback. i found a few pawn shops, but no records. wasn't really looking too much though. time with grandma was more important.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    yeah last time i went to tampa / ft l (about a year and some change ago) i found a few spots, and found some decent shit. just hit the yellow pages and call around. CAUTION: TECHNO RAKKORD STORES A-PLENTY

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I looked up flea markets on the net and the ft. lauderdale swap shop came up. The description says...totally awesome market a must see. I was just wondering if anybody actually hit up that specific spot. My time is limited in ft lauderdale. Heading down to key west. I don't expect to find much heat in the keys. Thanks for the replies. Can't hurt to ask. Spending the day in Miami beach as well. I was told blue note records was a good spot. I'll hit that up at least.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    Any strutters ever hit up the swap meet in Ft. Lauderdale? I'm flying there in december. Is it worth my time to go digging there? It's going to be a tough sell to the wife and kid, but if it's worth it I'll make it happen.

if i get a call from fla. and you find another "root down" for 50 cents, i'll be phoning the airlines that there is a suspicious man carring a bunch of whipped cream an other delights records from florida to nj...

• if anyone needs any info on places in clearwater/st pete/tampa area or orlando area, lemme know.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    do you consider Jeff Beck - Wired a "find"? If so, Fort Lauderdale flea market is going to be off the chain.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    do you consider Jeff Beck - Wired a "find"? If so, Fort Lauderdale flea market is going to be off the chain.

having seen prime's record collection i can not confirm nor deny his feelings about jeff beck's "wired" being raer...however, i can say that he does know his schitt, and i'm glad he got off his lurking ass and posted on here

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Hey all I'm doing is trying to complete My Herb Albert & the Tijuana Brass discography.

• there's one spot and another ok place (the dude has no clue so relies on Manship's book for 45's) - PM me. Also, if you're in the Miami area (only like 25 miles away) go to Blue Note. They're pretty much picked over, but I did find a few Sound Triangle LP's in their annex last year. Also if you're there the end of Nov., there's usually a record show the weekend after Thanksgiving where, last year I copped a few joints

• Blue note annex gives the biggest blue balls in the state. Looks like it should have some goodies but I'd be surprised if there's any juice left.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    There's a really dope record store in Ft. Lauderdale . That's all I can divulge.

• Raj - I believe you & I (cue Rick James music) are speaking of the same ish.....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Raj - I believe you & I (cue Rick James music) are speaking of the same ish.....

I KNOW you guys are speaking of the same one. Now find the new location.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    By the way...If you search enough you WILL find records. I've been real busy w/ work, family, and everything else in life that matters to spend my weekend looking for records, but a friend of mine pulls HEAT weekly. I mean dude called a few months back on some "have you ever heard of this East of Underground record?" I went out a few months back for a 3 hours and came home w/ a crate of Areito heat w/out trying.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Speaking of....do any of you all know/remember Craig from West Palm? He died of cancer a few months ago which really just sucks. He would go out surfing in the morning, come in and open the store, then proceed to grill hot dogs for customers during the afternoon. Great fucking guy. What a loss.

• Craig was mad cool. Bob Sutter (R.I.P.) wasn't always the nicest cat in the world, but always had heat and is responsible for a bulk of my Florida 45's.