Can we try something?

2»

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

[i]I just want to say, like, that even though jinx sounds really angry and, like, confrontive on the internet. Ive met him, and actually hes, like, one of the coolest guys Ive ever come across.../I>

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    are those the nazi twins??

• packaging helps. Love the crazy ass limelight packaging. it's enough to want to collect the shit except the craft of the jackets generally are way better than the music.
    cy

• It??s not all about the fucking sale of records!

There are people who do not see $$$ or other curency symbols behind records
    but still they see the fast "do you have something for me" type of guys trying to make a deal out of everything.

So they are afraid to be pulled over (!language assistance please)

As far as I got to know soulstrut is for the collectors first and for fulltime sellers second.

So why do you cry out here loud and claim the way of swap activities for you yourself in first place ?

Don??t get it wrong, I don??t know you and don??t want to judge your activities but this is not the place for single persons to claim anything, is it ?

Peace
    Seb

yep! trading is for the sake of trading! Wha! Don't know Jinx or whatever but, c'mon, man!!!! Yer griping about yer job making a living off people on this forum 'cuz yer in biz fer yerself????? yer fuckin' lucky. be happy. enjoy yer bred. hav a lyfe withit.

A lota folks just wanna get away fropm the bullshit jobs and enjoy the music. maybe you to close to the $, man?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    duuuuuude

truth speeka

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i don't price the records on my site. shit just looks cheap. and i'm not in a hurry to get rid of all my stuffs.

seems like those who do trades on this page aren't so value obsessed as say the funk45forum heads. that said why put a price next to something if you are looking for a trade?

agreed. i actually have never posted a trade on this site, but generally i don't cite a trade value when beginning a trade. i might say what i was hoping to get in cash for the record if i were to sell it, but trades are a whole nother type of transaction. Sometimes value doesn't quite work.

I might want something so bad that I'm willing to come off a record worth more.

Or we might be dealing in records that have no established value.

anyway, i had more to say about this but i'm too tired to remember.

when are you gonna be in town, lotusland?

• and overall... its just one persons opinion on how shit can be handled better.

Hey there!

That sounds much more friendly than your previous message to me and it??s ok!

What I was talking about was the way of ONE person (function: dealer) to affect the way of swapping things on a WHOLE message board.

Greetings
    Seb

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    can we try something?

YES!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i guess the best way i can explain it is i view the trades/sales sections like i would a record show. i wouldnt put out all my records with no prices and then be like:

"hmmmm, well, i kinda would like, oh i dont know, maybe around...."

trying to figure it out. i also wouldnt put the same records out and have a sign up that says:

"all LPs for trade... i need soul, jazz, and gospel records."

"like what"

"i dont know what do you have"

etc

it just doesnt make a lot of sense to me. ive tried to do trades and had folks, FRIENDS, come at me with some ridiculously BAD trades. and then i feel bad that i couldnt get it done. oh well...

i guess im just saying that over the years that ive been here buying, selling, and NOT trading... its because of the reasons ive written about as to why i havent ever traded on this site but have on others. its not the dealer in me or the big dude in me... i just cant find a cat who ive been able to trade with here and i was frustrated...

...oh and if i sounded upset, i was... hadnt eaten yet and i get poopie and cranky when i dont eat.

• are those the nazi twins??

In a manner of speaking...