Ill-Al Scratch Appreciation...

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
"I'll Take Her."Just sayin'.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    "where my hooooomiez?" (where dey at, where dey at")

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    that and "where my homies" are like the only good songs they did though, the other shit was kinda mehhhh.

and "I'll take her" wouldn't have been HALF as cool without Brian McKnight.

^^^^^^ or the fact that "where my homies" was the first single.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

and "I'll take her" wouldn't have been HALF as cool without Brian McKnight.

Or the Curtis Mayfield loop. I'm sayin'.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    "Chill Wit Me"

i like that one better...

U gotta give it up to em. Debut Album, 11 Versions of the Same 2 songs. Also to Big Ill for heating' up Kane's B-day party goin' off' on the B-day boy!!

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

It's 2005, and I still catch myself saying "Don't shut down on a player" a couple times a year.

• and also mention "with my homies"

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    U gotta give it up to em. Debut Album, 11 Versions of the Same 2 songs. Also to Big Ill for heating' up Kane's B-day party goin' off' on the B-day boy!!

I don't know, I think showing up to Kane's birthday party and trying to dis him at his own party is pretty much the sucker move. Didn't get dude no respect, just a little fame.

Them dudes sucked.

[I don't know, I think showing up to Kane's birthday party and trying to dis him at his own party is pretty much the sucker move. Didn't get dude no respect, just a little fame.

Exactly, that was the whole point. Big Ill couldn't hold a candle to Kane, but it marked a "historic moment" (note the sarcasm) that Drug Dealers crossed over into thinking they were real MC's. /

Them dudes sucked. Of Course they did, but had a "belligerent flavor" that probably would fit in nicely in today's commercial market.

• Haircut fly like Anita Baker/Looked her up and down said, "Hmm, I'll take her"

You took a hot line and made it a wack song

Haircut fly like Anita Baker/Looked her up and down said, "Hmm, I'll take her"

You took a hot line and made it a wack song

"but every now and then a sucka mc gets courageous..."