Slammin' Surf Guitar

willisread19willisread19 6 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
My local barrista was spinning an amazing surf/hawaiian/mexican/pulp fictiony guitar mix. Unfortunately, they had no clue who the artist was. It was definitely a new mix (not a '60s thing). Any guesses or recommendations? Muchos Gracias.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    My local barrista was spinning an amazing surf/hawaiian/mexican/pulp fictiony guitar mix. Unfortunately, they had no clue who the artist was. It was definitely a new mix (not a '60s thing). Any guesses or recommendations? Muchos Gracias.

There are about umpteen thousand newer bands playing surf music, so this mix could be anybody...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Oh, my bad. I thought this was the "Slammin' Smurf Guitar" thread...

• Though I haven't heard him myself, I have heard that Gary Hoey is the man for surf guitar.

• My local barrista was spinning an amazing surf/hawaiian/mexican/pulp fictiony guitar mix. Unfortunately, they had no clue who the artist was. It was definitely a new mix (not a '60s thing). Any guesses or recommendations? Muchos Gracias.

There are about umpteen thousand newer bands playing surf music, so this mix could be anybody...

That's what I figures...which is why I'm looking for recommendations. Thanks.

• That made my day! I love it!!