Record Times AKA HOLY FRACKIN SHAT!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Yo,
I just bought this dude's collection. He's all over the road, everything from Judy Garland to 100 Proof Aged In Soul. But the killer is he has the Parliament Live LP WITH THE IRON ON AND THE POSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b] I've had like 8 of these in my "career" and -0- have had their inserts. I'M SO AMPED!!! Shit is ill,,,,,!! (tribute L13 stylee) Like everything LP Pharoad Sanders ever made too. Crazy shit and I'm still going through it!

Say word!

Peace
T.N.

PS Has anyone had any of those mythical inserts often talked about, but raerly found, ESPECIALLY in R&B Lps? Such as Prince speedo poster, Parliament iron on, etc?

Comments

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    i once hid the paliament record with the iron on and the next week when i went back, the shop was closed.

'' man did i feel stupid.

• Cool! I love that shit.

I found that portrait of James Brown that came with "JB Plays The New Breed." I probably came across 20 copies of the album before I found the portrait.

Have you ever seen the poster of Betty Davis that came with "They Say I'm Different"? That shit is sick (the same photo as on the album cover). It's like the companion poster to the Dr. Funkenstein one.

• Cool! I love that shit.

I found that portrait of James Brown that came with "JB Plays The New Breed." I probably came across 20 copies of the album before I found the portrait.

Have you ever seen the poster of Betty Davis that came with "They Say I'm Different"? That shit is sick (the same photo as on the album cover). It's like the companion poster to the Dr. Funkenstein one.

i used to have that betty davis poster over my bed for the longest time. that's like the only cool shit i've ever found in a record.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Yo,
    I just bought this dude's collection. He's all over the road, everything from Judy Garland to 100 Proof Aged In Soul. But the killer is he has the Parliament Live LP WITH THE IRON ON AND THE POSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b] I've had like 8 of these in my "career" and -0- have had their inserts. I'M SO AMPED!!! Shit is ill,,,,,!! (tribute L13 stylee) Like everything LP Pharoad Sanders ever made too. Crazy shit and I'm still going through it!

Say word!

Peace
    T.N.

PS Has anyone had any of those mythical inserts often talked about, but raerly found, ESPECIALLY in R&B Lps? Such as Prince speedo poster, Parliament iron on, etc?

My Parliament live album came with the iron-on and the poster. I tried to iron-on the iron-on (with little success) and the poster was just too good not to hang up on the back of my bedroom door. Crazy thing was I picked it up as a cut-out in maybe '79/'80 for about ??3, and the shop had loads of them. If only I'd known

I do still have an o.g. of "Funkentelechy Vs. The Placebo Syndrome" with the Sir Nose D'Voidofunk poster and the comic-book, but it ain't no iron-on.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    what about the Alice Cooper with the panties?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    what about the Alice Cooper with the panties?

I had that too.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I just thought of that David Lee Roth poster that's in Diver Down or something...

etc.

• I have one of these with the giant rolling paper...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Cool! I love that shit.

I found mine on the first try. a friend I work with wanted me to come by and make an offer on her Pop's collection(he had passed like 3 years earlier and she was trying to get it all out)...I got a lot of cool pieces from that, nothing really really raer, but lots of quality R&B and blues. As I was going through the collection, this one was one of the first I hit, clean as a bean and with the photo!

I recently picked up a Black Sabbath Masters of Reality w/the Poster for a dime!

• I'm not sure how rare either of these are, but I've found Hustler's Convention
    with the illustrated lyrics insert and Earth, Wind and Fire's first album with the group poster.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    tears for fears "shout" single with poster!

• I have one of these with the giant rolling paper...

have you ever tried to use it as there are usually two pieces of rolling paper included

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i had this with the ween face iron-on, but gave it to a pal... not knowing it sells for about $100. i asked him about it later, and he didn't even remember.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    This comes in George Harrisons 'all things must pass' LP(boxset). I like the poster more than the music though.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

that looks awesome on that wall.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    I have the Parliament live with the poster and iron on. I was going to iron on the iron on but if it doesn't work I guess I'll not bother. The poster needs to be framed and hung up as it's incredible and needs to be seen.

I love this one too from the Roots soundtrack. It's another one that needs to be framed and hung up although I've been saying that for the last fifteen years.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    heres some ive gotten from records

jerry butler photo from"the iceman cometh"

desert poster from "electraglide in blue" ost

small gal costa poster from one of her later 70's lp's

HUGE poster from the Conti Family lp

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This comes in George Harrisons 'all things must pass' LP(boxset). I like the poster more than the music though.

Listen again

I recently picked up a Black Sabbath Masters of Reality w/the Poster for a dime!

I saw the early pressing of the LP (slightly different slv) with poster at a show years and years ago, passed on it as I thought $15 was too much... it took me 6-8 years to find it again (in a reish no less) for a buck...

Mack- I think there's at least two posters inside the Electraglide OST

I used to think it was crazy to see all the inserts inside Dark Side of the Moon (2 posters and 2 stickers)... but I've come across at least three now

I still wonder if the Places & Spaces poster really exists... I've looked in so many copies...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Okay I've got the Parliament iron-ons, posters, and comic books. But what I wanna know is...

Does anyone have the lifesize cardboard standup (I believe it was Dr. Funkenstein) that was offered for sale in an insert in the Dr. Funkenstein LP????

I need one of those BADLY.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    There's a Blues Magoos record that had a coloring book. I'd like to check that out too....

• i finally got the will critendon lp with the insert AGAIN!! this time i'm keepin it!

i've had doubles of the parliment iron on. just never got around to ironing it on. lost both by this point.

also i have the clarence breakers 12" lyric sheet which came with the original promo 12" issues. a very nerdy briefing on "how to do the breakdance!" most likely written by a white girl who looked like blondie.

also, the kelle patterson inserts are dope. she's a fox.

• There was an OG of the Sons and Daughters of Light lp at the GM a while back...there were documents and literature regarding their non-profit organization application tucked inside.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    That Sabbath poster is madness. I saw this on popsike a while back, a US 1st pressing of Master of Reality that comes with the poster but also has a different colored cover and 4 extra tracks[/b].

I was bidding on a copy of the Impressions Times Have Changed last week that had a poster with it. Someone wanted it more than me, though.

Mack's record poster walls are dope. I just have the insert from Lamont Dozier's Out Here on My Own and an 8x10 of Doug E. Fresh and T.G.F.C. that came out in my copy of Oh My God! The Album. I have an ugly but awesome huge poster of Rare Earth that came with MA, but I haven't been willing to hang it yet.

It has panels of each member of RE doing their thing, and the one of dude playing the electric flute is

That Sabbath poster is madness. I saw this on popsike a while back, a US 1st pressing of Master of Reality that comes with the poster but also has a different colored cover and 4 extra tracks[/b].

Naw, no extra songs... the just named the interludes I think. You can clearly see the back cover with the same lyrics and songs listed... I either have this one or a different Sab LP w/the interludes named on the label like that...

If thats what that version is actually worth though I feel like a real ass for not dropping $15 in the pre-ebay era...

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

I was bidding on a copy of the Impressions Times Have Changed last week that had a poster with it. Someone wanted it more than me, though.

Mack's record poster walls are dope. I just have the insert from Lamont Dozier's Out Here on My Own and an 8x10 of Doug E. Fresh and T.G.F.C. that came out in my copy of Oh My God! The Album. I have an ugly but awesome huge poster of Rare Earth that came with MA, but I haven't been willing to hang it yet.

It has panels of each member of RE doing their thing, and the one of dude playing the electric flute is