USC # 2???

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
WTF?!?!?!?! This is why I can't stand the BCS... We need a graemlin that says "Buuuuu'Sch*t"...----------------------------------------------------------------------------------YAHOO! NewsTexas surprise No. 1 in new BCS standings October 24, 2005MORRISTOWN, New Jersey (Ticker) - Southern California's 27-point road victory over Washington on Saturday apparently did not mean much to the computers. In a huge surprise, Texas leapfrogged USC to take the top spot in the new Bowl Championship Series standings released Monday. Last week, the Trojans held the top spot with a BCS average of .9923, but they slipped to .9756 even after routing the Huskies on the road, 51-24. The Longhorns, who had been at .9591, moved up to .9763 to claim the top spot after routing Texas Tech at home, 42-17. USC remained a comfortable No. 1 in both the Harris Interactive and USA Today polls, two of the BCS standings' three components, but had a computer average of just .940 compared to Texas' 1.00. The .0007 margin between the teams is the slimmest difference between the top two teams in BCS standings history. The last time a team dropped from the top spot without losing was on November 16, 2002, when Miami overtook Ohio State. Fellow unbeatens Virginia Tech (.9164), Georgia (.8679), Alabama (.8513) and UCLA (.8513) comprise the second through sixth slots. Miami (.7114), Louisiana State (.7065), Penn State (.6450) and Florida State (.5735) complete the top 10. The standings are computed by averaging the percent totals of the two polls plus computer rankings derived from six sources. The two polls and the compilation of computer rankings each count 1/3 toward a team's score. To be eligible for one of the four BCS bowl games, a team must have nine victories and finish in the top 12 in the final BCS standings. The BCS national championship game will be held January 4, 2006 at the Rose Bowl.

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    That schitt is BOGUS

• that shit is awesome!

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT!!! (HA!)

This is twice that 'SC is getting by BCS. Don't get me wrong - Longhorns are doin their thang but c'mon - SC is taking care of bizness too...

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    That BCS formula is garbage..

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

• to drop science:

USC plays top ten team and previously unbeaten Notre Dame and barely wins... arguably should have lost.

then has a so-so performance against so-so oppenent washington.

UT plays plays top ten team and previously unbeaten Texas Tech and blows them out.... arguably the score could have been more lop-sided.

USC and their fans have has nothing to cry about.

VA Tech, now I take pity on that team.

• that shit is awesome!

Yeah - fuck U$?? - BRUINS RULE!!

• why would anyone feel sorry for the hokies?
    other than our severly idiotic mascot and first day of winter being today, of course.
    oh yea...and our pediophilic quarterback.

we got one hell of a fight song too:

hokie hokie hokie hi
    solar rex solar rye
    tech tech
    v p i

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yep, and Vince Young also has a higher passer rating than Matt Lienert.