swedish opening act for d.i.t.c.

mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
yeah, so theres a d.i.t.c. show here in sweden in a couple of weeks and they seriously couldnt have picked a worse opening act for this show. pretty common practice over here. sometimes i just wish the arrangers would let some dope dj open up, someone that can actually hype up the crowd... instead of these seriously wack mcs that just puts everyone in a bad mood. they just seem to get wacker and wacker by the years.... do you guys have this problem anywhere else in the world? heres the latest single from niprone, the opening act for ditc: http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3G2KDKF0B83VO2RGM16E4QUKMR anyone got connections to ditc members? i would love to hear what they think of this shit!

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

WTF? Who would book that group as opening act for DITC? That's strange and most definitely

even would have been ok compared to that group!

• i dont know who that is but, there are 2 utterly fantastic hip hop groups in sweden.
    SPEECH DEFECT(actually one of the best hip hop groups on earth) and LOOPTROOP.
    peace, stein. . .

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    niprone

that was seriously wack

• Bumrush the stage. Boo there asses. Let loose a pack of hungry wolves.
    Drug the soundman.
    Do anything to prevent them from performing.
    Man, Commercial rap is one thing but a Love Song?!
    This Is DITC

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    DITC opening acts in Belgium:

Medaphoar
    Emanon
    Count Bass D.

pretty swell, eh ?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    what is the date, and in what city? I'll be in Malmo and Stockholm djing and hanging out from November 11 - 15 so let me know!

• ericeric 155 Posts
    word

• i dont know who that is but, there are 2 utterly fantastic hip hop groups in sweden.
    SPEECH DEFECT(actually one of the best hip hop groups on earth) and LOOPTROOP.
    peace, stein. . .

Their new 'about to be' released album is amazing... Those kids dig deeeeep.

What about Ison & Fille. Wouldn't they be better than this Niprone thing.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Oh yes, that was pretty lame. That type of mindless booking happens with hiphop shows here too. Sometimes it seems like the promotors either must be completely out of touch, or their girlfriend's little brother is a member of the band or something. Not the best look to offer a quality act coming to town. But hey, that's how it goes once in a while.

I feel like the opposite happens just as often, though. A local opening act gives a bloodshitting performance followed by some lacklustre US name, who doesn't really give a fuck about the audience, gives a half ass show, calls out "WHAT'S UP LONDON!", when they are playing in Copenhagen (Redman you bonghead!), fucks some stupid blonde airheads after the show, and jets to the next town, leaving us with a feeling of having eaten a sometimes very expensive dick sandwich.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    That guy niprone, is the guy who booked ditc i think, him and his friend. Or, his friend booked them and let him be opening act.
    he is wack.

• But what are the other acts like? Maybe they will be on when no-one will be there.

Ha, I think it was Redman who shouted out to Australia when he was in New Zealand as well. Flipping crackhead.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    But what are the other acts like? Maybe they will be on when no-one will be there.

Ha, I think it was Redman who shouted out to Australia when he was in New Zealand as well. Flipping crackhead.

Haha, well you seriously dont want to hear the other acts. This dude Xeilon is even worse than Niprone. Professor P might be decent I have no idea.

How did you get ahold of that new Speech Defect? Got curious now and wanna hear it! The samples wasnt really that deep on the last one, and thats not a bad thing! That last single of theirs was cool, especially the instrumental track. And I believe soulstrutter Thes One's on it!

• But what are the other acts like? Maybe they will be on when no-one will be there.

Haha, well you seriously dont want to hear the other acts. This dude Xeilon is even worse than Niprone. Professor P might be decent I have no idea.

How did you get ahold of that new Speech Defect? Got curious now and wanna hear it! The samples wasnt really that deep on the last one, and thats not a bad thing! That last single of theirs was cool, especially the instrumental track. And I believe soulstrutter Thes One's on it!

Distributors down here, Creative Vibes will be stocking it & they were sent a promo. One of my crew member's wife works there & gave him a copy. He played a track from it at our party on the weekend & so then I skipped through it on the headphones at the end of the night.

I also I got the new Giles CD & Olski's Melting Pot compilation from the same distributors today. The perks of doing an international hip hop magazine.
    As your 12" is in the next ish.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Professor P might be decent I have no idea.

He's been here quite a few times performing and as a participant in freestyle competitions - i suspect he is from Sk??ne? Anyway, I remember him as being skilled, but a bit Eminem-sounding in his tone of voice and flow. But he was only 16 years old when I last heard him, so he's probably evolved a bit since.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Professor P might be decent I have no idea.

He's been here quite a few times performing and as a participant in freestyle competitions - i suspect he is from Sk??ne? Anyway, I remember him as being skilled, but a bit Eminem-sounding in his tone of voice and flow. But he was only 16 years old when I last heard him, so he's probably evolved a bit since.

sounds exactly the same.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

hahahahaha! DJ Eriktion. What a name!!! hahahaha!

• I remember sitting in the audience and watching Pro P winning the freestyle contest MCs Fight Night here in Copenhagen when he was 16. That was really impressive! He ripped some US MCs apart aswell as some people from here that had been rapping 10 years longer than him. He has skills but he did sound a bit Eminem-ish though.

I never heard any tracks by him.

Dress