NFL Week 7

KC_KasemKC_Kasem 63 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Since we get the early game tonight and this weekend will be very busy for me here are my picks and pre thoughts for week 7winners in bold Chiefs[/b] @ Dolphins...Chiefs seem to have more fire power plus I expect Gonzalez to get on track.Steelers @ Bengals[/b] ...This should be a great game. The steelers are a very physical team but due to injuries I give the slight edge to the Bengals. Willie Parker has been relatively quiet since the bye week. Cowboys[/b] @ Seahawks...Shaun Alexander is on fire. The Seahawks passing game has not taken a huge hit despite injuries to their top 2 receivers. Cowboys have issues with the offensive line and that scares me more than anything...Julius Jones still might not play...Cowboys win!!!!!!!Broncos @ Giants[/b] ...Will the G Men bounce back after that poor performance last week? Yes, NFC East = best division in footballChargers @ Eagles[/b] ...The Chargers defense is not very good; the Eagles offense is very good. Plus Dawkins can cover Gates.And the upset pick of the week 49ers[/b] @ Redskins...Well, I am a Cowboys fan.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Seattle will beat Dallas[/b]

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Is tonight's game on national TV?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Seattle will beat Dallas[/b]

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Is tonight's game on national TV?

i wish, but no

• Broncos will beat the Giants

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Chiefs[/b] @ Dolphins... I agree. Which is not a stretch since KC is winning 21-13 in the 3rd quarter as I type this.

Steelers [/b]@ Bengals... best matchup of the week. Bengals are the real deal, but I don't see Pittsburgh losing two in a row. That's if Big Ben is back. If Maddox plays again it's Cincy 31-7.

Cowboys @ Seahawks[/b]... Time for the Cowboys to come back to reality.

Broncos @ Giants[/b] ... Ditto for Denver. I just can't believe that their bubble isn't gonna burst soon.

Chargers @ Eagles[/b] ... Eagles are notoriously hard to beat after the bye in the Andy Reid era. Although LT may run wild on them, I still pick a Philly victory.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Chargers @ Eagles[/b] ... Eagles are notoriously hard to beat after the bye in the Andy Reid era. Although LT may run wild on them, I still pick a Philly victory.

the real question is do I play Brees or McNabb on sunday?

the real question is do I play Brees or McNabb on sunday?

Uhhh... I think McNabb.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    Broncos @ Giants[/b] ... Ditto for Denver. I just can't believe that their bubble isn't gonna burst soon.

the more you go against the broncos the more they win.

i'm ok with that.

Blocked field goal for a TD return in the Philly game just happened

Damn, Phill & all the rest of you Philly dogs musta been doing tha "Steve Martin" after that one!! SIK!!

Pats on bye this week, I get to just chill and watch some other games. Wackness is that the 4:00 game on CBS is an airing of the Miami/Dallas game from the other night, that I already know how it ends...

This Eagles/Chargers game is pretty on point, tho. OT coming up?

Now Chargers fumble just as they look like they might tie it...crazy.

This game was pretty nuts.

I'm always glad to see NFC teams beat non-NE AFC teams.

Blocked field goal for a TD return in the Philly game just happened

Damn, Phill & all the rest of you Philly dogs musta been doing tha "Steve Martin" after that one!! SIK!!
    This Eagles/Chargers game is pretty on point, tho. OT coming up?

SD fumble at Philly 19, 1:34 remaining...

The D did well, shut down LT like you wouldn't believe (17 carries for 7 yards??? ). But this still was not a good win for the Eagles. At this point, though, we'll take it.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    But this still was not a good win for the Eagles. At this point, though, we'll take it.

Watching the end of this game, I was thinking the same thing. Not how I wanted them to win, but it suffices.

• Washington 52
    SF 17

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Pittsburgh 27
    Bengals 6

this is what happens when you play a real team.

fuck the refs.

Pittsburgh 27
    Bengals 6

this is what happens when you play a real team.

Real talk. In his 2 NFL seasons, Roethlisberger has only lost to the Patriots. Everybody's looking at the Colts as the team to beat this season, but people are gonna have to start paying attention to those Steelers real soon.

• Eagles Game today was like twilight zone

The refs were like some moonlighting wal mart security guards ... friggin clueless.
    When the fire alarm went off in the second half --- I could just see that drunk ass fan who pulled the alarm getting pulled down by his zubaz and rangled by the special event staff and coppers.

Dan Dierdorf smokes crack rock...

when we went for it on 4th and 1 and Mcnabb drop backed ... I thought the game was over.

J.Trotter is a Monster. Sheldon Brown is a Beast. Quentin Mikell is a Cannon. Matt Ware is a force to be reckoned with. And the Oline are something out the ordinary.

The Dallas - Seattle was a super good game. Drew Bledsoe = pissed it away. Dallas is chumps

• The Dallas - Seattle was a super good game. Drew Bledsoe = pissed it away. Dallas is chumps

Chumps? Inexperienced fits them better....Drew Bledsoe did make a bad decision that led to the game winning field goal but they had more opportunities to win than that....That defense plays very good for 56 minutes of every game and somehow magically vanishes in the final 4 minutes of every game.

Now I honestly knew the Redskins were going to win that SF game but I didn't think it would get that ugly. I have to give to Joe Gibbs and the Skins they are a vastly improved team.

It's really hard to say who is gonna come out on top in the NFC...I still give the slight edge to Philly but that lack of a running game is so

Pittsburg is serious...just when I thought Willie was done he wakes up!!!

I still believe Tony Dungy will finally get that Super Bowl trophy he so rightfully deserves.

It's really hard to say who is gonna come out on top in the NFC...I still give the slight edge to Philly but that lack of a running game is so

VERY suspect. Those are my dawgs and all but they will not return to the bowl with no running game. The NFC is a lot better this year, they won't be able to walk all over a bunch of weaklings this time. McNabb will be dead by playoff time if he keeps throwing 50 times a game. They're playing Arena Football right now. F**k outta here with that schitt, run the goddamn ball.

• The Dallas - Seattle was a super good game. Drew Bledsoe = pissed it away. Dallas is chumps

Chumps? Inexperienced fits them better....Drew Bledsoe did make a bad decision that led to the game winning field goal but they had more opportunities to win than that....That defense plays very good for 56 minutes of every game and somehow magically vanishes in the final 4 minutes of every game.

Now I honestly knew the Redskins were going to win that SF game but I didn't think it would get that ugly. I have to give to Joe Gibbs and the Skins they are a vastly improved team.

Pittsburg is serious...just when I thought Willie was done he wakes up!!!

I still believe Tony Dungy will finally get that Super Bowl trophy he so rightfully deserves.

No slack for Dallas - the Jimmy Johnson/Switzer era is only 10 years ago - They ran the NFC east for a long time and Troy Aikman is a dickhead.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Dallas @ Seattle: Is Hasslebeck the truth?....best game all day

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati: the "who's your daddy " game..just a wake up call to the Bengals...slow down guys,not quite there yet....Pittsburgh isn't either, but they're much closer than the Bengals

Denver @ Ny Giants: ELI WILL BE BETTER THAN PEYTON ![/b] YEAH I SAID IT....remember Venus was the shit...she used to kick everybody's ass and dominate Serena...then Serena came out of nowhere and started kickin' serious ass.. Venus' included......same situation here...Eli will have the better career....discuss

San Diego @ Philly: this was not supposed to happen..this puts a little more exictement into my wager with Phil....lucky Eagles ... the game was given to you guys more than once....rememeber good old MARTY ? ..he's still the same Marty ....i will give you guys credit for ending Tomlinson's streak,Nice Job!....BUT SLOW DOWN....THIS JUST IN...

WASHINGTON REDSKINS TWICE
    NEW YORK GIANTS TWICE
    DALLAS AGAIN

you'll be lucky to win 2 out of those 5 games.....all three of those teams are better...ADMIT IT !

and oh yeah @ THE PISSED OFF DENVER BRONCOS NEXT WEEK...

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati: the "who's your daddy " game..just a wake up call to the Bengals...slow down guys,not quite there yet....Pittsburgh isn't either, but they're much closer than the Bengals

I reiterate- Big Ben has ONLY lost to New England in his two seasons of pro football. I don't know what else he has to do for the Steelers to be "there".

Denver @ Ny Giants: ELI WILL BE BETTER THAN PEYTON ![/b] YEAH I SAID IT....remember Venus was the shit...she used to kick everybody's ass and dominate Serena...then Serena came out of nowhere and started kickin' serious ass.. Venus' included......same situation here...Eli will have the better career....discuss

I agree, although his big brother isn't exactly chopped liver. Eli is the real deal, though... with his pedigree and easy-to-see natural talent, I think everybody knew that.

San Diego @ Philly: this was not supposed to happen..this puts a little more exictement into my wager with Phil....lucky Eagles ... the game was given to you guys more than once....rememeber good old MARTY ? ..he's still the same Marty ....i will give you guys credit for ending Tomlinson's streak,Nice Job!....BUT SLOW DOWN....THIS JUST IN...

WASHINGTON REDSKINS TWICE
    NEW YORK GIANTS TWICE
    DALLAS AGAIN

you'll be lucky to win 2 out of those 5 games.....all three of those teams are better...ADMIT IT !

and oh yeah @ THE PISSED OFF DENVER BRONCOS NEXT WEEK...

I'm surprised you even slithered out of the woodworks to join in on this thread, edpowers. I thought you'd do the cowardly thing and just stay over in the NBA thread where it's much safer. But I give you credit for manning up and showing your face here. The only problem is that you are still talking crazy talk. There is no excitement in our wager, edpowers. You know just like everybody else that you may as well paypal me that $100 right now... waiting for the season to end is merely delaying the inevitable. You know that the Dolphins have no chance (notice how you did not mention them in your rant?).
    Yes, those other teams in the NFC east have come up. Better than the Eagles? Well, right now I admit that I do like the way those 3 play the game better than how the Eagles are doing it... if Philly doesn't start running the ball they are gonna have problems come playoff time. But better than the Eagles? Naw, not yet. Those other NFC east squads still have to prove they can do it for a whole season and into the playoffs. We already know that this Eagles team can do that. Just please, Andy... RUN. THE. BALL.

And I actually do expect Denver to beat us on Sunday... common sense dictates that they should. But you just never know with Philly. If they bring their a-game and play like they're capable of playing, they will whip the Bronco's asses. I am always gonna feel like that team, and Jake "the Fake" Plummer, are an accident waiting to happen. Don't forget.... they lost to the Dolphins!

• dudes Phill and Edpowers.

I find your Eagles Dolphins wager to be very close to home.

I am currently engaged in a season long bet that pits the likes of Jevon Kearse against Jason Taylor.

Who ever has better individual stats at the end of the season = triple digit bill sushi dinner

I was pleased to see Jevon get his sack on yesterday >>> he shoulda had 2 but he got all jumpy.

Jason Taylor is winning alot right now.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Eagles D is and has been on some ... Although McNabb ain't cutting it - Dude is super - I don't know maybe its just me but I can't stand dude...

Eli better than Peyton? Doubt it. I think both are way more hype than anything else. Can the media get off these dudes d*cks for one second (Manning this, Manning that - alright already we get it). Dudes kick ass in regular season and will never see the light of day when it comes to getting a ring

McNabb ain't cutting it - Dude is super - I don't know maybe its just me but I can't stand dude...

It pains me to say it, but I know exactly what you mean. I think most Eagles fan understand. If you just look at his stats and his winning percentage, if you see any of his incredible highlight real plays, if you think about that time he threw 4 tds on a broken leg, if you think about how he's now trying to go all season playing with a sports hernia, you say "Dude is SUPERMAN, put him in Canton right now!" But if you actually SEE him in action on a regular basis, some of the stuff he does will just turn your stomach.
    Like yesterday, making a dumb pass that made the clock run out on them at the end of the 1st half and also taking a 13 yd. sack instead of throwing the ball away and putting them out of fg position. That's 6 points they lost out on just because of stupid decisions by McNabb. Man, how long you been playing football? Don't you know what to do in these situations? And of course that slow-down 2 minute drill in the Superbowl will go down in infamy. It's hard to say that a guy who played an entire game on a broken leg doesn't have heart, but he's lacking in some way when it comes to high pressure situations. Terrible body language. I'd like to slap him when things ain't going right and he gets that sad puppy dog look on his face, like he's about to cry. I still try very hard to pull for dude, but he honestly pisses me off like you wouldn't believe.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Damn Phil, you said it way better than I did... And yes that play at the end of the 2nd Quarter killed me yesterday (like whua?!?!?!?!?!).

Also, in reference to the Eagles and to teams who play the Colts - its all about the 'D' -

• Options
    GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should be interesting....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the likely scenerio...i'm being VERY generous because i know you guys are a second half team (pray Donovan can last til the end of the season) ..so i give you the last four victories ...like i said, you guys have only played a divsion opponent once AND GOT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT 33-10 ...your victories have come against

the 49ers 1-5
    the Raiders 2-4
    the chiefs A GIFT FROM GOD
    the chargers ANOTHER GIFT FROM GOD

the Eagles are a .500 team who benefit from strange luck...the REAL competition is coming..

Eagles 4-2[/b]
    Oct 30 @Denver ...loss
    Nov 6 @Washington ...loss
    Nov 14 Dallas.....lose AGAIN
    Nov 20 @N.Y. Giants ...loss
    Nov 27 Green Bay....win
    Dec 5 Seattle ....loss
    Dec 11 N.Y. Giants ...win
    Dec 18 @St. Louis ...win
    Dec 24 @Arizona...win
    Jan 1 Washington ...win

Eagles 9-7[/b]

Dolphins 2-4[/b]
    Oct 30 @New Orleans...win
    Nov 6 Atlanta...win
    Nov 13 New England ...loss
    Nov 20 @Cleveland ...win
    Nov 27 @Oakland ....win
    Dec 4 Buffalo...win
    Dec 11 @San Diego ....loss
    Dec 18 N.Y. Jets ...win
    Dec 24 Tennessee ...win
    Jan 1 @New England ...loss

Dolphins 9-7[/b]

as i said, the Eagles victory yesterday made our wager very interesting ..THIS WILL COME DOWN TO THE WIRE....seriously Phil that schedule is a beast..not to mention we are just a better football team and are still learning a new system and would benefit a whole lot by making Ricky Williams a Fullback ...

one more thing...

THE EAGLES DON'T RUN BECAUSE THEY CAN'T RUN....

NO RUN ..NO PLAYOFFS

the likely scenerio...i'm being VERY generous because i know you guys are a second half team (pray Donovan can last til the end of the season) ..so i give you the last four victories ...like i said, you guys have only played a divsion opponent once AND GOT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT 33-10 ...your victories have come against

the 49ers 1-5
    the Raiders 2-4
    the chiefs A GIFT FROM GOD
    the chargers ANOTHER GIFT FROM GOD

the Eagles are a .500 team who benefit from strange luck...the REAL competition is coming..

What color is the sky in your world, edpowers? It must be a nice place, a place in which everyone stays very high and totally detached from anything even resembling reality. Benefit from strange luck? They must've been some lucky muhf*ckas for the last 4 or 5 years.

Eagles 4-2[/b]
    Oct 30 @Denver ...loss
    Nov 6 @Washington ...loss
    Nov 14 Dallas.....lose AGAIN
    Nov 20 @N.Y. Giants ...loss
    Nov 27 Green Bay....win
    Dec 5 Seattle ....loss
    Dec 11 N.Y. Giants ...win
    Dec 18 @St. Louis ...win
    Dec 24 @Arizona...win
    Jan 1 Washington ...win

Eagles 9-7[/b]

Dolphins 2-4[/b]
    Oct 30 @New Orleans...win
    Nov 6 Atlanta...win
    Nov 13 New England ...loss
    Nov 20 @Cleveland ...win
    Nov 27 @Oakland ....win
    Dec 4 Buffalo...win
    Dec 11 @San Diego ....loss
    Dec 18 N.Y. Jets ...win
    Dec 24 Tennessee ...win
    Jan 1 @New England ...loss

Dolphins 9-7[/b]

as i said, the Eagles victory yesterday made our wager very interesting ..THIS WILL COME DOWN TO THE WIRE....seriously Phil that schedule is a beast..not to mention we are just a better football team and are still learning a new system and would benefit a whole lot by making Ricky Williams a Fullback ...

Your comedic sense is incredible. Have you ever tried out for Comic View??? You should.

one more thing...

THE EAGLES DON'T RUN BECAUSE THEY CAN'T RUN....

No... THE EAGLES CAN'T[/b] RUN BECAUSE THEY DON'T[/b] RUN. That line is too big and strong and Westbrook is too good of a runner for me to accept that they are incapable of running the ball. You can't give up on it just because you're getting a lot of 1 yard, 0 yard and negative yard runs. The more you're used to doing it, the better you will be at it. They'll never get better if they continue with a 75% - 25% pass - run ratio.

NO RUN ..NO PLAYOFFS

Finally you say something that I can agree with. Doesn't matter, your piggy bank will still be $100 lighter by the end of the season. You KNOW this, man!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    people are gonna have to start paying attention to those Steelers real soon.

I'm content to let folls not pay attention if they want. Just makes the road that much easier for the Black & Gold!

As for Eli vs. Peyton...Peyton's fucking great, and I was all set to hate Eli, but I gotta give it to the kid. He is the real deal. Super poised, really elusive in the pocket, makes smart plays. He pulled a total dick move on SD, but on the field, he's for real. Peyton's better now, but I do think Eli will eclipse him.