soulstrut effect

leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
So there's this local message board where i sometimes lurk. To my knowledge there are no soulstrutters who post on said board, but lately i've noticed their use of graemlins that i thought were soulstrut-bred. 1st, some people were using this: then just this week someone else posted the beady eyed not a good look guy: are these gremlins in general internet use? i don't look at other msg boards so i wouldn't know, but i sorta thought they were, you know, 'ours' Furthermore, a few weeks ago there was a thread titled 'Real Headz'. when you clicked on it, it just said 'they know the deal.' (this board has a lot of bs threads, but still...) wtf? How influential is Soulstrut, really??

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Where is frogland exactly?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    post board url, thanks

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

france?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    wtf? How influential is Soulstrut, really??

I think I was saying "not a good look" and "real hedz know the deal" before I even got on soulstrut...

• wtf? How influential is Soulstrut, really??

I think I was saying "not a good look" and "real hedz know the deal" before I even got on soulstrut...

Nice avatar.

Nice avatar.

thanks for the image

I wish it came out better but I was sick of that banksy shit.

• wtf? How influential is Soulstrut, really??

I think I was saying "not a good look"

sure, i'm not talking about the phrase, i'm talking about the exact emoticon, with beady-eyed dude and all.

Frogland is a state of mind. real peaceful-like.
    My physical location is Picksburgh, (named in honor of Tommy Maddox)

sure, i'm not talking about the phrase, i'm talking about the exact emoticon, with beady-eyed dude and all.

(for the record I am 100% sure I was sayin "not good look" before the strut)

anyways the puto graemlin showed up in my gf's blog a couple weeks ago. that was weird.

My physical location is Picksburgh, (named in honor of Tommy Maddox)
    god 412 reps super-hard up in this place. that's like five pittsburgh dudes now innit?

(maddox can eat a dick)

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah, I saw one of our graemlins on the Stones Throw board a while back too.

WE SPREAD LIKE THE PLAGUE! (or should I say Bird Flu? )

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I thought this thread was going to be about how the Harold Vick on Strata East that I wanted shot up form $20 a pop to $50 a pop after I asked for it twice.

people...hold on

I thought this thread was going to be about how the Harold Vick on Strata East that I wanted shot up form $20 a pop to $50 a pop after I asked for it twice.

people...hold on

from now on I'm only spinning records mentioned in the "crate staples" thread.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Options
    If you're influenced by what someone else wnats, you are a little dude.

, K

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i've had people walk up to me when i was djing and say they recognized me from soulstrut. thats embarassing as hell.

• i've had people walk up to me when i was djing and say they recognized me from soulstrut. thats embarassing as hell.

WELCOME TO MY LIFE

• what do you expect posting pictures of yourself on here?? shit i think i could even pick you out in a crowd.

that said, i'll be looking for the Mack at pittsburgh area taco bell drive thrus.

• i've had people walk up to me when i was djing and say they recognized me from soulstrut. thats embarassing as hell.

WELCOME TO MY LIFE

Hey whatever, you BOTH recognized me... at night... in the rain...!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i've had people walk up to me when i was djing and say they recognized me from soulstrut. thats embarassing as hell.

WELCOME TO MY LIFE

this is why I chose to remain a mystery

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    what do you expect posting pictures of yourself on here?? shit i think i could even pick you out in a crowd.

When i spied Aspirin walking on Sunset Blvd One night i was SHOCKED. For one uncomfortable moment, the real world and my fantasy world collided, held hands, had a drink, fucked, and never saw eachother again. Shit was bugged out.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    When i spied Aspirin walking on Sunset Blvd One night i was SHOCKED. For one uncomfortable moment, the real world and my fantasy world collided, held hands, had a drink, fucked, and never saw eachother again. Shit was bugged out.

I dream every day of the moment that we finally meet

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

AYO?

on the rilly tho when is the next WESTCOASTSTRUTTERSSTANDUPANDBECOUNTED day?

WELCOME TO MY LIFE

this is why I chose to remain a mystery

YOU MEAN U DON'T HAVE A PERM????

• god 412 reps super-hard up in this place. that's like five pittsburgh dudes now innit?

(maddox can eat a dick)

I thought there were only three including myself.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    So there's this local message board where i sometimes lurk. To my knowledge there are no soulstrutters who post on said board, but lately i've noticed their use of graemlins that i thought were soulstrut-bred. 1st, some people were using this:

then just this week someone else posted the beady eyed not a good look guy:

are these gremlins in general internet use? i don't look at other msg boards so i wouldn't know, but i sorta thought they were, you know, 'ours'

Furthermore, a few weeks ago there was a thread titled 'Real Headz'. when you clicked on it, it just said 'they know the deal.' (this board has a lot of bs threads, but still...)

I'm really curious to see this message board - can you post a link? You can pm me if you don't want your "spot" blown up by the soulstrut massive

I just find it hard to believe that other online communities have the same "inside" language as here, especially with the graemlin images being depictions of members here (emorap).

btw, most all of the graemlins here were contributed by people on the board, and I would not consider them "general internet use"... funny that they are being used other places.

AYO?

on the rilly tho when is the next WESTCOASTSTRUTTERSSTANDUPANDBECOUNTED day?

Funny you should ask.

I'm about to do a post about the SOCAL HOLLA-WEEN SUPERPARTY.

• I'm really curious to see this message board - can you post a link? You can pm me if you don't want your "spot" blown up by the soulstrut massive

I just find it hard to believe that other online communities have the same "inside" language as here, especially with the graemlin images being depictions of members here (emorap).

btw, most all of the graemlins here were contributed by people on the board, and I would not consider them "general internet use"... funny that they are being used other places.

sorry to reup this, but i just saw your reply (wasn't reading over the weekend)
    not worried about 'blowing up' the spot (more worried about getting clowned cause its a pretty corny spot. honestly the main reason i look is for emotional support re: local sports)

i don't think they have the same 'inside langauge', but i couldn't help noticing this and the Emo-Rap gramelins on there a few times. (emu rap?)

http://board.therobotoproject.org/t.php?id=23818&r=19

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts