Moving to Beantown

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hello Strut fam.I'm moving up to the city and was wondering if anyone could put me up on any good funk or hip hop nights. I'm pretty good w/ the art scene and live show knowledge, but I'm still not sure where to catch a decent set.Thanks in adavance, ya'll.

Comments

• I heard it's crazy violent up there. That most disputes are solved with a baseball bat.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    funk soul disco
    http://www.galacticfractures.com/

for hip hop braeks, my man Yamin does a night and possibly a radio show, not sure right now.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Hello Strut fam.

I'm moving up to the city and was wondering if anyone could put me up on any good funk or hip hop nights. I'm pretty good w/ the art scene and live show knowledge, but I'm still not sure where to catch a decent set.

Thanks in adavance, ya'll.

This reminds me I never got back to you about this when you asked before, sorry - although, I don't really have much of an answer, except for DJ Kon (of Kon & Amir, and an old-school bro of mine) spinning on alternate Saturdays at the Middlesex in Cambridge (mostly disco, with some soul/funk/hip hop/whatever mixed in) - there is also a night at Zuzu (where the Middle East is) called "Soul-le-lu-jah" that I think is now on Saturdays...I've never gone, but I heard it was good. I was actually supposed to talk to the dude about doing some spinning there, but the girl that was my connection quit her job at my workplace, so it never came about.

Are you looking to DJ yourself? I may be getting involved with something at River Gods in Cambridge, some friends-of-friends are taking over the booking there, and were interested in having me DJ while my downstairs housemate does visual projections...I'll let you know if anything comes of it, if you are interested...also, maybe sometime you can come down and hang out on my radio jawn, it's alternate mondays noon-two out of MIT, maybe bring down some records one monday this winter and hang out? I'll PM you details down the line if you are interested.

• 7L does thursdays at the enormous room in cambridge...i think supreme one is doing tuesdays at the wonderbar in allston on some hip hop ish...

• Options
    Why the "bean" in Beantown? Beaned with bullets? Baseballs? Beans?

K in Canada.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Why the "bean" in Beantown? Beaned with bullets? Baseballs? Beans?

K in Canada.

• Options
    Our nickname is Hogtown. I guess we're kinda of sister cities in a way.

K.

• does chaos still dj anywhere in boston? he did a tuesday nite hip hop party at Bill's Bar (back in the late 90s) that was always packed with hot BU girls.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    also, maybe sometime you can come down and hang out on my radio jawn, it's alternate mondays noon-two out of MIT, maybe bring down some records one monday this winter and hang out? I'll PM you details down the line if you are interested.

Soul on Ice,

pm me the details at your convenience.
    this sounds cool.