New CVE track

124»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Out pops your pompous mammaries.

Gee, I don't know if Noz is going to be able to come back from the above rhetorical hollow-tip...

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I'm an ego maniac, too.

I'm done with this thread, but I'd buy a Medusa album in a heartbeat.

I will say this, though: my Blowed "hating" (i.e. saying that they didn't have the over-arching impact on the grand scheme of hip-hop that a lot of the Blowed fanatics seem to think they did) is much more a response[/b] to people like you than it is any pro-active "hate" inspired by a "regional bias" or anything like that. Which is to say, the only reason I bother to downplay the Blowed's significance isn't because I'm trying to "hate" and because I foster some secret disdain for these guys or anything. It's because I've run into so many people that I think inaccurately and over-ardently overstate their significance in the grand scheme of this hip-hop thang. I often find it elitist and just plain imprecise and thus find myself "hating" on a collective of rappers that I used to find pretty darn interesting because a couple bad apples have decided that everyone from Ice Cube to Jay-Z to Bone to Big Pun are just Blowed biters. That's why I can't say a few nice words about them without pointing out a few negative things, too.

So, yeah. I'm done with this now.

-e

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    and as for the issue that music critics should live in constant fear of beatdowns from artists, and thus should only give positive reviews- what's hillarious is that this imbecilic theory is coming from a "journalist" (aspiring?). i just saw a review you wrote on the new 50 cent record where you accuse him of wasting his talents recording "guttural idiocy" - WOULD YOU DARE SAY THAT TO HIS FACE?!! DON'T YOU KNOW THE BEATDOWN YOU'D BE SUBJECT TO?!

Are you really that dense to think that that's what I'm saying...that only positive reviews should be given for fear of beatdowns? No, I would say what I wrote about 50 to his face. I called him a talented MC who seems to be in on the dumbing down of American youth. Shoot, I may someday catch a beatdown for that. I certainly hope not, but I definitely considered it when I had published what I wrote.

I don't know, would you really want to tell Rid that he needs to read "Recording for Dummies"? I don't think you would. Why? Because it's extremely disrespectful and makes you out to be an asshole for no good reason.

i'm a pretty big guy. i think i could take riddlore in a fight. if not it'd make for a good story me and my hipster buddies could laugh about at the coffee house.

Why are you even continuing down that path? It was a hypothetical statement.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    As far as they've ever told me, my Blowed folks actually enjoy these "outbursts" of mine.

YESSS!!!!!! If there was one image to ever symbolize Archaic and his posts, this would be it. That sh!t just sent me over the edge. Now back to work.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    and your pompous tittays are going to respond how to this verbal attack?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Serioulsy, what makes you think that Blowed artists aren't open to "constructive criticism"?

duh. you're apparantly are best friends with them and you just told me to fear a beatdown beacuse i said his levels were mixed too high, which sounds like constructive criticism to me. does that sound like being open to constructive criticism?

One, your "constructive criticism" far exceeded its supposed intent.

only because you predictably called me out for not knowing what i was talking about and i began to exaggerate for the sake of emphasis.

And what is it about constant worldwide touring and regular album releases that constitutes "languishing in obscurity"? Why is so important for folks like you that Project Blowed blew up like NWA or Biggie? And why do you think they should be subjected to petty criticisms from every random dork with a cd player and an internet connection just because they haven't?

well they and you seem to be the ones constantly complaining about heads not recognizing and respecting their influence. not me.

I mean, is Medusa really not that good of an MC because she's never released a proper solo album? Her live shows certainly say she's top notch. Her whipping Eminem in an MC battle should say the same. But hey, why look at those things in her favor when instead we can call her lazy/unfocused/stupid for having never gone the standard route of label deal-solo album-video push?

no medusa is a very good mc. it makes me sad that i can't purchase a proper solo album from her. the same way it makes me sad that i can't purchase a nicely mixed declassified that isn't going to deterioriate and i can bump in my car without my ears feeling like they're gonna bleed.

I mean, I know I'm putting words in your mouth, but when can an artist decide his own fate and have it be taken for what it is without a bunch of computer geeks trying to act like they know better?

but if they had truly chosen the altruistic community based horace tapscott approach then they wouldn't be screaming about biters and the blowed not getting the respect it desrves.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Are you really that dense to think that that's what I'm saying...that only positive reviews should be given for fear of beatdowns? No, I would say what I wrote about 50 to his face. I called him a talented MC who seems to be in on the dumbing down of American youth. Shoot, I may someday catch a beatdown for that. I certainly hope not, but I definitely considered it when I had published what I wrote.

if you did in fact publish that with even a hint of concern that you'd catch a beatdown from 50 cent then your delusions run deeper than i could've possibly imagined.

I don't know, would you really want to tell Rid that he needs to read "Recording for Dummies"? I don't think you would. Why? Because it's extremely disrespectful and makes you out to be an asshole for no good reason.

no but if i was in the studio and i saw his shit clipping i would point it out to him. i'm mostly doing things like posting "home recording for dummies" to press your buttons.

i'm a pretty big guy. i think i could take riddlore in a fight. if not it'd make for a good story me and my hipster buddies could laugh about at the coffee house.

Why are you even continuing down that path? It was a hypothetical statement.

oh you must not understand us hipsters. i was being ironic. it's so hot right now.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    the same way it makes me sad that i can't purchase a nicely mixed declassified that isn't going to deterioriate and i can bump in my car without my ears feeling like they're gonna bleed.

Well...I could send you a dub of Declassified that was recorded straight from the CVShack board...and that would instantly solve that problem for you.

But hold up, the cd makes your ears bleed??? Please, that is a bigger exagerration than anything I or anyone else has ever cited as a Project Blowed bite. And you know it.

Honestly you think I don't see why there would be some Project Blowed backlash? It goes with the territory of openly attacking NYC, forging experimental styles, being as uncompromised as could be, etc. But the backlash has gone way too far by now to the point that folks are reacting to ghost contentions and coming up with counter-arguments that are straight bunk. And you know that too.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    But hold up, the cd makes your ears bleed??? Please, that is a bigger exagerration than anything I or anyone else has ever cited as a Project Blowed bite. And you know it.

again man, you're a journalist and you can't recognize simple hyperbole? obviously i've never experienced any bleeding in my ears when listening to declassified. i do think it is mixed poorly.

Honestly you think I don't see why there would be some Project Blowed backlash? It goes with the territory of openly attacking NYC, forging experimental styles, being as uncompromised as could be, etc. But the backlash has gone way too far by now to the point that folks are reacting to ghost contentions and coming up with counter-arguments that are straight bunk. And you know that too.

yes i agree with you on this end, but heads like yourself help to perpetuate some of those counter arguments when you're so unrelentling in your praise.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    As far as they've ever told me, my Blowed folks actually enjoy these "outbursts" of mine. In fact they used to pay me to make such proclamations (by way of curbserver.com).

Payola. Shit is ruining hip-hop.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I like Blowed. I think they rap good (for the most part).

But some weird presumptions/premises are in play on this thread.

The Living Legends are white? I wouldn't exactly say that. Living in the East Bay mid-nineties Corey and Murs and Aesop were the most visible.

Anticon had more money and computer skills than Blowed? I dunno but the Anticon dudes I knew in college were pretty broke.

And I agree it's a stretch to claim that Blowed owns the copyright on open mic nights.

Anyway, anyone got that hilarious Goodlife session where Ab Rude starts impesonating the Terminator? That was bananas. I thought about that when Arnold got elected but I couldn't find the tape. I think Souls of Mischief were on there too but they cursed and got kicked off the mic.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

The Living Legends are white? I wouldn't exactly say that. Living in the East Bay mid-nineties Corey and Murs and Aesop were the most visible.

ooooo, I'mma tell Josh and Tom you said they were white