Brazilian Recommendations

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Always have been a fan of some brazilian bossa nova samba ish but seems like i hardly find ill-soundin' tracks. I've bought a few comps and listened to some stuff online but nothing is really stickin, usually its a lot of slow kuts but I want something more upbeat - so here I am. One track I heard recently was in the Be Cool movie (granted the movie was so so) but the track by Elis Regina was FIRE (might not be so "bossa nova-esque" but i still dig it). So I've started to check out some of her stuff but is there anything else I should be checkin for??? Soundclip here: http://mfile.akamai.com/3171/rm/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/usrm/190/545190_1_04.ram?obj=v50307

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    If you have soulseek. I have a ton of great brazillian comps. (no sabadabbadoo)

hit me up

evilspidey

- spidey

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    werd, thanks

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    go to my site and download for free.

www.sabadabada.com

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Well, Bossa is kind of a laidback genre to begin with. Though I always liked Luiz Carlos Vinhas' version of Marcos Valle's "Batucada". Heavy flute, drums, and piano. You should be able to soulseek it. Or its available on his album umm... "NOVAS ESTRURAS" I believe.