eBay scam - revenge ideas needed

cascas 1,484 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
greetings s.strut brethren.

i have recently been gaffled via an asshole in argentina on eBay. to make a long story short. i posted an item for $320. this new guy on the bay won the auction by "buy it now". i've never been one to sweat guys with little feedback...as long as there's not an abundance of negatives, i'm pretty much cool with all. anyway...he wins, pays via paypal. paypal payment showed that it cleared. i'm thinking, "cool. shit cleared. i'm good to go." go to ship it out the day after work. he asked for it to be sent a way that the dude at the post office said cannot be done. i've always had beef with this clerk at the p.o., so i just figure he's mistaking and send it the next best way (it was only going to take 1-2 days longer). so dude overpaid for shipping by $10. that night i leave the p.o. and send guy in argentina an email saying that i'd be sending him back the money that he overpaid for shipping.

argenita punk puts a stop on the credit card charge thru paypal. paypal reverses the money in my account. i file a claim thru paypal explaining everything. turns out that i don't qualify for their seller protection program because the address that they have for the guy isn't "confirmed" and sellers aren't protected when they sell to argentina. then dude ends up closing the eBay account that he used to gaffle me. i had no fucking clue that this could happen. i was too naive. been on eBay for 6 years and never had a problem like this before. i guess this is my lesson.

anyway. i did an extensive google search for an hour last night and i finally turn up some guy on the cnet forums who was scammed by this guy back in April for a digital camera. same address and everything, just a different spelling of his name. shit sucks.

my question to my holmes on here is:

i want revenge. i have dude's address (or at least where he picks up his conned goods). what can be done? would contacting the argentinian police do any good? i hate thiefs with a passion. if i could locate this guy here in the states, i'd go oldboy on his monkey ass and pop his teeth out with the claw of a hammer. any suggestions that i could use from a few countries away?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Paging JLR

• buy a plane ticket, bring hammer.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    The address is probably fake. A mail center or something. These guys rarely give real addresses.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Damn! That sucks.

• hire an argentinian hit man. peace, stein. . .

• Mail an envelope full of anthrax to that address.

• 1. Eat carnitas super burrito.

2. Fart.

3. Blow south.

Good luck!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Mail an envelope full of anthrax with a live poisonous snake in it to that address.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    holy shit i hate hearing about shit like this...drive down there and kick his ass.

• Mail an envelope full of anthrax with a live poisonous snake in it to that address.

ooooh! thats sweeeeet!

driving down there is cool too. ROAD TRIP!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I say put the anthrax and the poisonous snake in the envelope together, then fart in the envelope too. Triple threat.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    or put a washer in the envelope with a twisted rubber band, and when he opens it he'll THINK there's a snake! it'll scare the crap outta him.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Paging JLR

Allright, allright, what's the problem in here? Give me the guy's name and every detail you have by PM. I'm not a hit man, but at least we could have some fun out of this

• whatver you do make sure you have it on tape

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

the company i work floor is in the adams building, where they make those damn gag gifts and novelties. it's like 100 years old and the whole building is creepy. i hope you get revenge on that e bay asshole. peace, pres.

• Didn't someone on here have an incident with someone in Brazil last year...
    And tracked the guy down by ringing the US Embassy in in Brazil. The person there looked the name up in the phone book. The strutter then range the guy direct & freaked him out.
    Soemthing like that. As long as the name is legit it can be done

Was a hell of a story & one of the best revenge/trackdown tales I've ever heard.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

just put it in a record box.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Maybe you would like to remind him in any way you deem effective,

that he should maybe be paying more attention to being accutely aware of the fact, that his mother wears combat boots,

and to be painfully aware of that fact

and what impact that may or may not have,

on the way he has turned out in that tilt-a-whirl life of his.

And that he should really really allow his mind

to spin on the finer details of why his mother

really wears those combat boots,

and maybe even let himself question if she ever

really was in the army, or if

it was simply due to the fact, that she was tilting very strangely,

due to the unfortunate burden of a fact, that she has one

helluva a corrupt son, who may or may not know that stealing

other peoples money is the root cause of terminal

combat boot-related phenomena.

And really think about that.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Didn't someone on here have an incident with someone in Brazil last year...
    And tracked the guy down by ringing the US Embassy in in Brazil. The person there looked the name up in the phone book. The strutter then range the guy direct & freaked him out.

Was a hell of a story & one of the best revenge/trackdown tales I've ever heard.

That would be me.

Yeah, I used the Canadian embassy in Rio to track down a potential deadbeat. I called him, strongly suggested I had friends in Rio who helped me track him down and would not hesitate to pay him a visit, and quickly got many heartfelt assurances the records would be arriving post haste. Indeed, they did arrive with some nice free extras. I had about $300US on the line and put a lot into tracking the guy down, but when we made contact it was, as those stupid ads say, priceless.

• Didn't someone on here have an incident with someone in Brazil last year...

That would be me.

Yeah, I used the Canadian embassy in Rio to track down a potential deadbeat. I called him, strongly suggested I had friends in Rio who helped me track him down and would not hesitate to pay him a visit, and quickly got many heartfelt assurances the records would be arriving post haste. Indeed, they did arrive with some nice free extras. I had about $300US on the line and put a lot into tracking the guy down, but when we made contact it was, as those stupid ads say, priceless.

yeah, but.... ROADTRIP!

• This is why I do not accept paypal anymore on ebay. I think there is a site - paypalsucks.com or something like that with a ton of horror stories. Basically if you sell through paypal, you have minimal recourse.

• Co-sign.

Some of theses folks open an ebay account and create "anonymous" emails ON A DAILY BASIS and they scam honest peoples like you FOR A LIVING.

Watch auctions on ebay closely. You may see the item you've sent on another auction from an Argentina ebay seller.

Be extremely careful in your dealings and stopping using paypal as a seller WILL help.

Keep on.

holy shit i hate hearing about shit like this...drive down there and kick his ass.